Reviews for OC Dude McCoolGuy Doesn't Get Stabbed
Alan975 chapter 1 . 11/13/2018
i LOVE the OC inserts so shut up, its a fanfic there are no rules for it and you don't decide what is bad, the world doesn't revolve around you. If there are no good stories with only the originals then make one yourself, lastly, do you think that the writers here are doing it to please you?, NO THEY DO IT BECAUSE THEY HAVE A PASION FOR IT (most of them)
UnflinchingResolve chapter 1 . 11/13/2018
If only the oc fuckers would actually list oc as a character so that way when I set the filter to no include them it actually works... No other Fandom is as bad as the Overlord one about that.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/12/2018
Haha I know what you mean I recently went through from oldest to newest fics because I wanted more Ainz and I ended up skipping half if not more of them because they were about their own MC McCool gettin laid and wrecking everybody and either not invluding Ainz or making him some side character that gets like 2 lines. Thats not to say you cant have an OC character tgere were quite a few stories that had OCs that I like a lot because they were a partner to Ainz that instead of overshadowing him played off Ainz awesomeness that we all came to love from the show. When you make your story about your OC it kind of stops becoming an Overlord fic and more like your private jerk off story at least to me. They should really put in a tag for these authors that want to write about their OP self-insert OC that take up the entire fic so we dont have to sift through the story to see if your OC is a cool side character or the main focus that fucks all the guardians and shits on Ainz. Its just most people come to read these fics for a cool intricate continuation of the story not for something completely different that isnt Overlord at all.
TheStoryWever chapter 1 . 11/12/2018
Ahhh... Honestly? This was nice.
There /are/ ways for OC's to exist in the same story, but it takes a good writer, a well planned plot line and enough will-power to realize that the canon events will no longer match up.

Sometimes one chapter is all that is necessary. (Sometimes that is all that works.)

So hey! Thank you for standing up for your opinion.
It takes guts, and I guarantee that there will be quite a few people who will give you flack for it.

No offence, but I'm not worried for you. (Given the Author's Note, I doubt there is much that could actually annoy you.)

(Also, I apologize if this review came across as patronizing. Not my intent, if it was annoying, please say where I went wrong!)
Kingofcards163 chapter 1 . 11/12/2018
It seems my last comment didn't get posted. I completely understand what you mean, I recently went and read every fic starting from oldest to newest and more than 75% of the fics were self-insert over powered OC that made up the bulk of the story and had barely anything to do with Ainz or completely outshined him and made Ainz irrelevant. I don't know how many fics I skipped through in disappointment because of the "secret" 42nd member that was actually a world Champion that beat touch_me and fucks all the members of the tomb as well as New Worlder's. Thats not to say that you can't write a good story that has an OC in it, I read quite a few good stories that were amazing and had OC's that were side characters or duo main characters with Ainz, but I liked the story because they played off Ainz and and worked to show the awesomeness of Ainz, as well as kept him as the bulk of the story. Its just that these OC fics have nothing in common with Overlord except sharing the same Universe, and I came to read Overlord fanfics because I love Overlord and need/want continuations of the story and Ainz awesomeness and not your jerk-off character that make up the bulk of the fics here. I remember one fic being about an ancient kingdom and being super happy to see Ainz interact with it only for the entire story to quickly turn to being entirely about the OC adventure group with Ainz have an appearance for like 2 sentences every page. I don't give any fucks about your OC, and I'm not sure why any readers would want to read about your OC when it's nothing like Overlord. It's just infuriating to see all these skilled writers that write super long fics and it to be entirely about their OC making their story trash. Heck if you get tired of Ainz there are so many characters to choose from from the tomb of Nazarick and the new world, I'd love to see a fic about Pandora's actor, maybe a love story between him and Nabe. I'd love to see one about Zesshi Zetsumei and her encounter with Nazarick. There's so much to choose from and all these fics ignore it making some bullshit fantasy AU. I know that you have the freedom to write but I wish you'd just keep it to yourself and not dilute the Overlord fics with your trash so that the good stories are more easily seen/ inspire more fics like them instead of more fics about OC.
20 | « Prev Page 1 2