Reviews for Toph Effect
The crimson trucker chapter 2 . 4/17/2023
this was interesting wish to see more of these
Arekanderu chapter 2 . 4/8/2021
Oh my gosh this is delightful! You write Toph so well!
zeonstar360 chapter 2 . 11/10/2020
Oh goddess Toph and Aria becoming Friends! That be scary a living detector working for the queen bitch
zulfi chapter 1 . 8/10/2019
Just reread this , and I have to say , I'm really sad that you didn't continue this story :( . It's a really cool idea. I hope you start writing new chapters for it :) cheers
rantingbanshee chapter 1 . 1/29/2019
There's also one more thing I should mention. Since she is in the 22nd Century, they should have the medical technology to cure her blindness. That is, if you want to go down that path which would give her many benefits in a combat situation as well as outside of it.
rantingbanshee chapter 2 . 1/29/2019
Although, now that I think about it, there is a major advantage that she has when it comes to modern or futuristic guns. Since the bullets are made out of "metal", she could theoretically "block" the bullets matrix-style similar to Neo in the Matrix with her metal bending.

This story could work out really well if it's done in a creative way. I'm willing to give this a go.
rantingbanshee chapter 1 . 1/29/2019
I'm going to be honest. You had an interesting premise about this story but it is sadly flawed.

Toph is blind as a bat, with bare feet for feeling the vibrations in the Earth. If you put her in a modern or 22nd futuristic warzone...she would be killed instantly because she comes from a world where attacks and weaponry projectiles are slow moving such as a fireball from a fire-bender or an arrow from a bow. Guns don't exist in her world.

She might be able to bend Earth to block fire, water, air and arrows quickly enough in her world...but she would be hopeless against modern or future bullets traveling several times the speed of sound. She wouldn't be able to bend Earth faster enough to block "bullets".

And if she wanted to use the advantage of kinetic barriers embedded in ME armors then she would have to sacrifice her bare-feet lifestyle for the kinetic barrier shields to work which would put her in a disadvantage as she relies heavily on bare-feet contact to the ground for situational-environmental awareness.

The only advantage of Toph's abilities I can see is if Toph were to "bend" Reaper metal (which is said to be the same indestructible metal that is used in the mass relays) to be formed into an body armor made especially for her which would give her a substantial amount of protection...which could allow her to weather the enemy fire while she uses her abilities against them in a war-footing.

Otherwise, she is poorly suitable for making a difference in the ME universe with her Earth bending abilities. What difference can she make?
Val'Hor chapter 2 . 12/12/2018
This is nice ! Think about updating it soon, please ! :)
Toto-the-Cactus chapter 2 . 11/28/2018
I love this! I love this so much!
jdude281 chapter 2 . 11/23/2018
I like the premise, and despite how shady she can be, Toph’s best ironically enough would be to hook up with Aria, unless Garrus is already set up there. Because despite how powerful she is, she’s also still blind, and likely won’t understand what 2/3rds of the what the people she meats says.
Slim A Lou Prime chapter 2 . 11/22/2018
Interesting.
zulfi chapter 2 . 11/19/2018
I enjoyed this alot, and I can see it has alot if potential. Hopefully you'll keep updating at a dteady pase.
Leman42x chapter 2 . 11/19/2018
Hahaha damn love were this is going can’t wait to see how commander shepard will react to Toph.
Fokusas chapter 2 . 11/18/2018