Reviews for What The Dickens?
Yamal chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
How could I have forgotten that the talented Cyberwraith9 also dedicated some time to write a couple Love Hina fanfics? I'm not used to read LH fanfics, but being both a fan of yours and Ken Akamatsu (I own the whole Love Hina Manga and and up to volume 27 from Mahou Sensei Negima! in their spanish editions), reading this story was compulsory to me, and I'm surprised I had not done it already. Anyway, it was definately a fun story to read. You got the spirit of the serie and some of its randomness. And such a tease of an ending, hehe. I've lost count of how many times I've said it (but it feels they have not been enough), thanks a lot for your effort and keep up the great work. I'm sure I'm not the only one who loves your works, and I think you are still one of the 'Favourite Authors' of many readers around. I just hope you find your muse again when you get some time to write again (life's a bitch, I know). _
Audhulma chapter 1 . 3/2/2006
A classic storyline integrated into an awesome story. One of the best one shots I've ever read.
Kawaii Yoshi chapter 1 . 2/3/2005 Wonderful. No more words to describe it.
RAW19 chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
why would you be flamed for this? i myself thought it was a quality piece of work! dickens! Lol!
DCWestby chapter 1 . 12/13/2004
Wow... Not often will I say this, but this a fine piece of work.. Wish that kinda stuff happened in reality, sadly somehow, we cant back.. only try to make right choices in life... Very good.
Sylph Knight chapter 1 . 6/13/2004

I appreciate your undying humility, but you belittle yourself far too severely in this tale's opening comments; all die-hard fans of the anime series shoved to the side, "absurd" does this story no justice. Badgequest, and the like, will always be rivetting, but this is the second time I have found myself completely floored by a one-chapter story of your devising-42.50 being the first-and that, my friend, will not be overlooked. Everything is vibrantly alive and terribly real, hurtling the reader through the subtle and rollicking complexity that has maked your style with images conjured and translated from the mind of the composer to heart of the audience. From landscape to character cast, I endow this story with a solid stamp of approval.

...Now, I want to see what you do with Jane Austin ("Pride and Prejudice"; the genre is disquietingly obvious)...
brainiac144 chapter 1 . 1/15/2004
Not bad. Not bad at all. Although, I think you may have missed an important point. How would Kaolla react to Keitaro's disappearance? If you haven't read the manga, I might understand this oversight. In the manga version, Su is far more lonely and homesick, and she is also more attached to Keitaro. However, it's pretty clear, even in the anime, that Keitaro makes Su's homesickness tolerable, so if he disappeared, she would probably go home.
Boombubble chapter 1 . 10/21/2003
Absurd? Not at all. Wonderfully written, and cute ending though that line at the very end there is how should I say this?... Exhausted, but in this regard it does fit. Personally, I would've liked to have seen a brief cut scene of Su making that poor old author's job a living hell, but all and all this was a great read. Hope I get to see more Hina from ya in the future.
Knight's Shadow chapter 1 . 9/28/2003
Really good story.
Eileron chapter 1 . 6/2/2003
Very very nice, I liked the surrealistic effects of the Dicken's sequences. Interesting take on It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol as well. A beautiful work.

My only criticism is just a mentioning to other works: alot of Love Hina works have a similar mood and feel to their body; the only way I could see your work getting any better is if you captured a new mood and feel and engraved it in your work, to make it shine and stand out against the backdrop of the others. Even without it, though, the work stands out as one of the best I've read from in a long time.

Idea for next fic: Mecha Tama VI...
Cheshire Cat chapter 1 . 4/28/2003
I like it... well written, concise, fits into the story, and in character. A good Christmas Carol version, with shades of Wonderful Life in there.

Lets have some more! Nice to see Naru feeling guilty, for once.

But, a butch Motoko? How dare you! What a waste!
tama chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
Wow, that was a really good fic! Keep up the good work! _-
Akal-Saris chapter 1 . 4/22/2003
"the kind of ending that a lazy hack writer would use when he wrote himself into a corner", indeed! Hrmph! This is honestly the best Love Hina fic I've read in months, and you should be ashamed of yourself for demeaning your work like that! *glares*

I definitely hope for more LH fanfiction from you, especially about Motoko...very few writers are able to capture her anywhere near as well as you did!

Keep writing,

RagAltima chapter 1 . 4/22/2003
This was just great.

You expressed what I think are each of the girl's true feelings toward Keitaro, and exactly what might happen should he leave for good.

If only they would express those emotions to him on a daily basis instead of the random acts of violence, it'd be pretty sweet.

But that wouldn't be funny would it?

Again great job, I loved every bit.
urgin chapter 1 . 4/22/2003
You know, you've done a great work logical, complete and true in the spirit. My praises and great interest for your future work.