Reviews for A Rose over a shallow grave
Carre chapter 25 . 6/1/2019
1. Thanks for answrs and discusions.
2. a) Velvet Unleash hell art: If I found the right art, Velvet realises a rabbit and something blowes up latter (?) ("...O.T"). Ok...?
b) Vault 70: (...T.T) "...What?".
c) Wasteland Scandenavia: Well, neo-vikings (raiders, traders or explores or all three), dala-hästar (horses), tomtar (gnomes), trolls and jotuns (some kind of super-mutants perehps) comes to mind...
d) Survival Mode: I know mine cousin said its was Hard, but that HARD... By the Beard of God and the Devils Arse, Am I happy that I never played that mode...
3. a) I really liked the Hanlon parts.
b) The! Chief Hanlon: ...Why am I thinking of the main-guy from game "Halo 3" (wich are the only Halo game I played)?
4. Veronica: ...(O.O) Was just wondering what Veronica was doing...
5. Six as Dad: ( T.T) Nora is right: Six is their Dad (wether he likes/aknowldes it or not)...
6. Rubys Crack: a) ...Now I am really curious how everyone will react back home on Remnant.
For not forgett Tribal Blake and Lobomite Yang... (Carre had a "O.O" face, reading that parts).
b) ...Ever read Goblin Slayer or Murcielago? (There are others, but these two just came in mind.)
The ..."modes" (eyes glow creeply/angry, shadows hides their faces, voices cold) when the charachters (some of them, that is) are starting killing...
I did just imagning Ruby have that expressasion when she stabed that Legioner...
7. Keep Up the Good Work (Thumbs Up!).
Aartorias chapter 25 . 6/3/2019
You know. After reading this whole thing, I was thinking that Wiess got it the roughest for her landing. But goddamn I think Yang is a strong competitor for the worst luck fucking ever.
It's also kinda hilarious that Wiess that blame The Metalheads in the Big Empty for her pleasant times. The Sierra Madre is their fault, after all.

It's kinda refreshing to see Ruby that way. It's like, most people write her as this undaunted goody two shoes who will always be the hero and always do the right thing. It's just, nice seeing her succumb to the emotions, do stuff she will regret. It's good that the concept of "surroundings make a person" isn't lost here.
Also, I thought Wiess smoking would be kinda cool. Damn shame you dropped that XD

I do fear for their collective sanity though. I can't imagine after all that they will be forced to endure, and all the blood they will spill, they will be quite the same.
Guest chapter 25 . 5/31/2019
Damn... Yang and Blake are both gonna need Joshua to help them sort out the horrors. Also Blake I can kinda see going nuts in a tribe, Yang however in Big Mountain for that long? What I'm trying to say is that while it's great your adding the characters back through the elf missions and what not, it is a bit drastic that the dlc's revolve around them. Like the way you found Jaune seems likely because he was found in a random place in the waste land which adds to the whole missing person feel, while if we know that the characters are gonna be at major plot points only then it takes away the randomness.
Phygmalion chapter 25 . 6/2/2019
Well, that was intense. Ruby has changed, and a lot of it isn't for the better. And while I'm glad to have correctly guessed Blake and Yang's locations, I really wish I'd been wrong. Blake, scalping people? Yang, with her brain removed? And her head shaved? The Think Tank is probably going to die just for that. "You may take my brain, but you can never touch my hair!" I'm hoping for a ground-shattering punch like we saw at Junior's club.

I hope The Burned Man is able to help Blake with her guilt. Once she comes to her senses, she's going to have a lot of it.

So, how do I claim my invite to Chapter 34? I'm honestly curious as to what's going to happen there.
Great work, and good luck on the next chapter! Watch out for those pesky homophones!
Zombiedudecolletti chapter 25 . 6/1/2019
I for some reason really want to see what will make Ruby snap. Also what will she do when she snaps. Keep up the good work for if you stop I will have to get an Inquisitor to get you. You don't want that.
Luckenhaft chapter 25 . 5/31/2019
Now back to... (Reads title.) Veer it E at Valkyrie. I'm sorry I don't speak nerd-

Neptune: INTELLECTUAL!

Whatever go back to being a satellite love interest meant only to unify the WhiteRose Shippers against you. Or better yet, flirt with Jaune. I know you secretly want that Dork's butt.

Meanwhile Pyrrha feels the sudden need to 'accidentally' kill amidst battle another rival for Jaune's love.

Neptune: You need to not take comics of Weiss asking me to let Jaune know she isn't that into him, but I am very much interested in him so seriously.

But they are so funny they may as well be canon, and Jaune needs a new Waifu now that Pyrrha got roasted by Cinder for being Best Girl.

Neptune: First of all: How can I be a Waifu if I'm a guy. Second of all: Jaune doesn't need a new Waifu. He'll probably get together with Ren, then the two of them and Nora will be a Mènage à Trois.

Meanwhile Pyrrha suddenly give a confused Ren a jealous glare cursing Cinder for denying her a chance at getting Jaune AND Nora. (And Ren too, but Pyrrha is a Jaunesexual who will only make exceptions for Best Girls like Nora or if Jaune gets Genderbent.)

Any guy can be a Waifu if they are pretty enough and are put in a dress. So I arranged for Coco and Velvet to kidnap you and give you a makeover.

Neptune: Thanks for warning me.

I'll give you 50 Lien if you go along with it. 'Sucker Lien is nothing compared to earth money.' I made a bet with Coco that if she made you pretty enough, you could trick a guy into thinking your a girl and asking you out.

Neptune: Is the guy, Jaune?

Nope.

Neptune: (Grins and takes my hand.) Deal.

(Grins back as I hand Neptune the 50 Lien and take a step back.) It's actually Sun.

Neptune: (Frowns and holds the 50 Lien out to me.) Can I give this back?

No take backsies.

Neptune: (Sighs as he pockets the cash.) 'Sorry bro, I'll make this up to you by getting you a date with Blake.' Fine.

(Reads the above thoughts.) 'Like that is going to happen.' Also Neptune about that French thing you mentioned earlier.

Neptune: Yes?

NEEEERRRRRRDDDDDDDD!

Neptune: (Sighs.) 'I walked right into that one.'

Now back to actually reading the story.

Ruby tells Hanlon some funny stories. (Note to self: Tell Yang to make a bet with Jaune to make him wear a skirt if he loses the bet.)

Hanlon tells us about Intelligent Deathclaws and Albino Deathclaws and I wish we had more than one Intelligent Deathclaw Companion.

Speaking of unpleasant creatures that would drive us to extinction if they were smarter, I wondered today what would happen if Dodo birds didn't go extinct, but instead lived on and became hyper-intelligent and got really big and have really sharp talons and a beak. (I was looking at Good fanart of what an evolved form of Dodrio would look like. The YouTube channel that spurred this was Shin Art if you are curious.)

Ooh! Better ideal than a Deathclaw Companion. A Fallout DLC where you have to defeat an evil mad scientist Deathclaw, and at the end of the DLC you can make the Deathclaw your Companion if you spare him and convince him to put his evil genius to work for you.

Neptune: That's pretty much Old World Blues, but with Deathcla- (A water basin falls on his head and knocks him unconscious in response to me snapping my fingers.)

We need to make that dream of Nora's a reali- Wait, I think this a reference to another Six is RWBYJNPR's very reluctant dad.

Oh that's so sad- Nora is that creepy psycho little girl from Finding Nemo.

Yay! Time to get Blake's delicious more than likely rotted fish.

Veronica has some fun with some cannibals in the non-typical way cannibals have fun.

But ED-E, you hate everything.

There could be worse reasons people think a bunch of colorcoded anime kids are following you around Six.

Bad ED-E, we don't dispose of people we don't like by dumping their bodies in a lake.

Cue flashback to Pyrrha taking a dismantled Penny and chucking her parts into a lake.

...

Oh God! Nora's being the logical one here. It's the end of ZA WARUDO! (Punches a nearby grandfather clock causing it to break.) This is the power of the True Ultimate Stand! I have stopped time!

Neptune: (Groggily raises his head.) Weabo- (Another water basin knocks him unconscious.)

I wonder if Blake would take Mirelurk Sashimi?

Nora goes full Rambo on the Legion. I approve.

Yes, because using the scrubs and noobs in your army as canon fodder to weaken your opponents before actually fighting them is so very honorable.

Oh cool. This is the song I suggested here, fellow readers. (Grins excitedly.)

Oh cool. It's Blake! (Starts happily bouncing.)

Oh... Shit, it's Blake! (Stops bouncing and stares in horror.)

Oh! Oh shit, that's Yang!

'The screen goes dark as the only sound of that horrifying moment is the sound of the saw meeting the flesh.'

Oh god! Yang!

I think I'm going to need a barf bag, (Reads your response to my last review.) and to find a new panic room to hide in now. I wonder if Six would let me borrow his Pip-Boy in order to outrun Blake by constantly fast traveling.

I look forward to these plans your sending. I need to see a guy about a thing involving a crash space ship to flee the planet as a long-term solution to the Blake situation.

I a
captaindickscratcher chapter 25 . 5/31/2019
I always thought it strange you don't get a intelligence boost. due to the time your body is separated and your brain is held in a tank with nothing but mentats infused liquid and time to do nothing but think and access the forbidden zone databanks
A pinning cracking yang is bad enough but a SMARTER than Wiess pun cracking yang would be terrifying. I think yang would get along great with the think tank especially Darla and mobius oh the horror.

Can the think tank do something about Wiess lost fingers? They do have the most advanced autodoc in the wastes although knowing them they'd just make a evil(er) clone of Wiess. Or God forbid NORA!

FOR SCIENCE!
Doctor Chaotic chapter 25 . 5/31/2019
Ruby... It hurts so badly to see her break. I wish I could do something more to help. (hugs ruby while she cries.) Seeing this reminds me of what I go through. I may be able to heal from any injury, but the scars from betrayals, deaths of people I love, and the mistakes I have made never go away. I would do anything to protect Ruby from all that, but even then I am still human.

Seeing Six resemble a father to the kids, even if he does not accept it, Gives me hope. It comforts me to know the little Rose Petal is safe. The Mojave Wasteland is no place for children, but when you give them hope to keep going, they can do what we couldn't I wish I could turn back time to stop the events that caused this to happen, back when the American Dream was still going. But fate always finds a way. I only hope to lessen the effects of it on the new generation, because I know War, War never changes.
RedRat8 chapter 25 . 5/31/2019
I can see you have a thing for throwing curve balls at time. I guess what I thought would make sense but I was wrong, so I lose some, but won some in looking forward to what you have planned. Shame I didn't get an invite but oh well doesn't matter really I suppose. Also I like the confrontation that the Remnant kids have with the Legion, they're used to Aura protecting people or their people more durable that they don't realize that they kill people so easily. It forces them to grow up and make them realize that the Wasteland is unkind to everyone unprepared and they simply have to adjust no matter what. But still with Ruby and Yang, they really don't have a lot of exposure to positive adult role models while growing up and Six seems to be filling a niche of sorts for Ruby. Be hilarious to see Yang reacting to Six being a fatherly figure, by Wasteland Standards, is to Ruby. I suppose Six could be that uncle that Remnant kids would like now that I think about it. He's blunt and harsh but he seems to always got your back no matter what.
Guest chapter 24 . 5/26/2019
When the group eventually get to meet Caesar I hope he talks about the other faction cause that dialog about him justifying the Legion makes the Legion more then the "dur hur were evil" villains people try to make them in fanfiction.
Carre chapter 24 . 5/25/2019
1. Thanks for answers and discusions.
2. a) Velvet and the Killer Rabbit from Monty Python: ...Why did I just began imagining Velvet doing just that (by "that" I mean killing people with her teeth, like the killer- rabbit did)...?
b) Bet: (Carre growls)"...They did What?!..."
c) Youre questions: -"Late to the Show"- Reviews: Well, youre Story(ies) are not the only ones wich mine reviews are posted, show up after three days I write and post them.
Funny, on some (Stories by other authors) its only takes a few minutes (or even seconds) when its shows up after posting them.
No idea why.
- Vote: If you meaning by where Yang and Blake is, yeah I have voted (I suppose...) (...I had completly missed that was a vote, thought we were suppose to geussing.).
Didnt Ruby tell you?
3. The desert treking part makes me (again) wonder how mine home-country looks like in this Verse.
4. Int. -1, Agilty. -1: Survivil Mode (never played it, just to let you know)?
5. 9 Iron: ...Besides answering mine question about training of the Mistfitts...
Bioshock 1 refernce in the Game (at least against House...)(ingame archivment).
6. Seven (four): Speaking of Holy Grail (Monty Python)...
7. Cardbox:... Snake refernce...?
8. ...(Carre have "0.0" face) Ruby is going to (try) kill Ceasar? (Sure I have done it in the Game) Man, she is part of the Wasteland now...
9. Keep Up the Good Work (Thumbs Up!).
Guest chapter 9 . 5/23/2019
Well what'd ya know, Trump's wall still works 200 years later... well ignoring that in Fallout old borders no longer matter maybe the wall can be used as a territory point like the Colorado River?
Luckenhaft chapter 24 . 5/25/2019
Now back to the number that is symbolic for the number that is symbolic for death.

Weiss and Ruby make the long journey to deliver a brain. And Weiss briefly entertains the fetish of being a scaly. Mipha and Ruto fans from the Legend of Zelda series would approve.

Weiss: (Glares at me.)

I approve Weiss.

Weiss: (Scowls.) Where's my Myrtenaster I need to stab you.

What's so wrong about loving a person with scales whose literally cold-blooded, and they expect you to lay their eggs for them.

Weiss: (Stares at you dubiously.) Why does that sound like it's coming from personal experience?

Not quite. Link is kind of the only expert I know on human to fish people relationships. He was very jealous of the fish men because they could lay eggs from their assho-

Weiss: (Stares at me disgusted.) Stop!

Fish people childbirth is a beautiful thing Weiss!

Weiss: No, it's not you weirdo!

Weiss, you better hope there is no such thing as Fish Faunases back in Remnant or I'll report your special to them!

Speaking of which why isn't there Bird Faunasi back in Remnant? Or other varieties of Arachnid and Insect Fauni?

Weiss: How about before you get the answers to those questions, you pick a plural term to refer to the Faunas and stick with it.

Would a single Faunas be a Fauna?

Weiss: Idiot. (Leaves.)

Fine then, be that way. But when I do get my answers, I'm introducing you to an Octopus Faunas who is sick of people thinking they molest people with their tentacles. Where are you going Weiss, why are you running now?

I wonder if there's a way to keep Zwei's brain alive after removing it from him so his Aura could keep it preserved?

We got a brief bit of WhiteRose shipping and then we meet some NCR people who seem like idiots.

Then Nora shows up and we have an explanation for why these NCR people were throwing grenades around like no one's business.

Looks like we have some new members for the Worship of the Pancake Princess.

I didn't know Ruby was related to Solid Snake. Next thing you are going to tell me, Nora's true last name is Thorsdottir and she's actually a demigod.

Ruby passes by some rooms that full of people doing naughty grown up stuff before finding an old guy at the end of his rope.

Cue Ruby doing what Ruby does best: Meddling.

Ruby decides to tell Hanlon about herself, her friends, and Remnant. Hopefully the second of these three things won't be too upset with over telling an outsider to the group about this. Hopefully.

So long as I can get the canned fish to Blake, then whatever they taste like will be on her. Especially since I got a job from Mr. New Vegas at Radio New Vegas where she won't be able to get me since the location presumably exists in game, but you have no ideal where exactly it is or how to get in.

Kind of like Area 51, or Atlantis, or Chicago.

There was a vote for something. I went to your bio to see the poll and it was for your Darkest Dungeon story.

Sorry for missing it.

I a
TheHatter1 chapter 24 . 5/25/2019
We're back with another set of topics, this time we've got Vaults once again but with cults as a secondary topic, Hanlon staying not only in character but having a serious discussion about the NCR, Nora training the 5th-2nd worst soldiers in the army, and most of all we're in the final stretch for the Zion contest so let's get start.

So, Vaults have an absurdly high amount of cults (I.E. 13, 34, 81, 15, 19, 3, 101, 12, 8, 21, and 11), now at first several of those don't seem like cults like 101, 3, or 81 which indoctrinates the inhabitants to keep them from wanting to explore the world above.

Then there's the clear cut ones like 19, 15, and 8 which in 19's case was splitting a Vault in two while encouraging color coordinated hate, 8 wasn't meant to be a cult but it ended up that way due to superior tech and elitism, and 15 was either meant to make cults and gangs or its experiment was hilariously wrong as the Jackals, Scorpions, Vipers, Khans, NCR, and a few other gangs/cults all came from this Vault.

The 3rd and final set is Vaults 12, 21, 34, and 11 which were all intended not to have survivors.
12 is also know as the Necropolis which for those who remember is the city of Ghouls as for how they got there, well they are the Vault dwellers of 12 the door was designed to stay open even when the original Overseer of said Vault tried to force it closed.
21 was a hot bed for bad tempers, gambling, gang members, and guns the fact of the matter is the only reason the Vault survived was the dwellers deciding gambling settles arguments better than guns.
34 had bad tempers, military, guns, and bad design all crammed together, after all the shielding around the reactor was pierced by a single low caliber bullet, the Vault was doomed from the start especially once the military personnel who resided within started to pass on how much fun it was to use explosives to civilians.
11 was by far the worst Vault, the residents outright performed ritual (elections actually count as rituals surprisingly enough) sacrifice to their Computer God.

And now onto Hanlon and the NCR, not only did we get in character commentary on the NCR's military, we also got a view into how badly Oliver leads.

Anyway onwards to Nora, we've got yet another Nora spotlight this time with the Misfits, who Nora somehow managed to fulfill both Mags and O'Hanrahan requests, so once again the day is saved thanks to the Powerpuf- er the Pancake Patrol.

Finally since the show ran long this time we've got cookies for our loyal readers, right Ruby.

-camera pans to Chibi Ruby eating all of the readers' cookies-

And by that I mean... RUN AWAY!

-Camera shows a Hatter shaped dust cloud running from the Fiends who were reading the article-
Doctor Chaotic chapter 24 . 5/25/2019
(Is sitting in the castle over in Boston drinking myself to death with Nuka Cola Dark.)

You really *hic* love teasing the White Rose ship don't ya?

Anyways, Nora launching grenades into the air with a 9 iron for people to practice shooting them outta the air is something I would see my friend Creeper man doin'. (As if on cue, said person screams "FOUR" before a grenade come flying over the walls, before being shot out of the sky.) Yeah...

As usual, great job on the story!
Preston: uh sir? a settlement needs your help.
Me: SHUT DA FUCK UP PRESTON! (Throws empty bottle at him, nearly missing him. the bottle hits a wall behind him, shattering with the added bonus of forming cracks on the wall.)
Preston (now white): Uh o-okay s-sir. neverm-ind. (takes two steps, before fainting.)
Me: *Muttering* stupid fckin' minutemen. should've joined the Brotherhood.
569 | « Prev Page 1 .. 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 .. Last Next »