Reviews for Fire: Take A Breath
I now it's just rumors but if shits down will you be uploading this to AO3 or another site? I love this series and want to continue to read them
mistpool32132 chapter 10 . 9/23
Hnnnnnnnnrrrrrrgsjsksljdbsjskxhcbdhs

I can’t remember if I reviewed the last time I read through your series, but gosh! So good! Read through it again, just as good as the first time through. :)
(The true hero of the story is Iroh for traveling across all of the Earth Kingdom while those two were being oblivious)
leo the lone wolf chapter 10 . 9/15
I just read through all of this story in like a few days. I love it. I love your take on the characters, you have a way that makes them feel more like real people. they are complicated just like us in the real world. for a series best know for it's characters writing, not only did you add some that fit right in but you bring them all to a higher level. I will watch your writing career with great interest.
RandomCitizen chapter 10 . 8/13
Well unless Black Sun ends differently the correct choice was made to stay out.

Another truth is out. However bluntly.
RandomCitizen chapter 9 . 8/13
Zuko was making that subterfuge a bit difficult.
Ulle chapter 10 . 8/5
My favorite thing to do is re-read this series. I'm so excited for when Zuko is joining the gang and gets to see Dakota again
Please update soon
katchile94 chapter 10 . 7/11
Man I just reread your series and I still love it! I’m excited with you coming back and writing more chapters! I’m so sad for Dakota knowing the truth. It hurts to read her pain. And zuko… I know that a lot of people are upset with him but to be fair it fits into his character. I am sad that Mai is betraying his trust. I know that she loves him but personally when you truly love someone then you think about their happiness not your own which is what zuko is doing. I’m excited to see spy zuko!
WashedUpInNewYork chapter 10 . 7/7
IM SO HAPPY YOUR BACK! I’ve re read this story way too many times. Cant wait for Zuko’s grovelling!
Finally an update!
The Queen of All Demons chapter 10 . 6/28
Beautiful chapter. I'm really glad that the Gaang seems to wanna make Dakota part of their little family. Cus that girl is HURT. I hope she gets honest about her feelings or she'll really explode eventually- like any normal person would.

Also, Toph and Aang are so CUTEEEE. I'm squealing internally. I really like this pairing. I never believed that Katara and Aang were a good match. He was too young and too good and Katara had other priorities.

I hope you're doing well!
The Queen of All Demons chapter 9 . 6/28
DUUUDE I'm so glad you came back to this story. I'm even happier that you were able to reach out for the help you needed. Coincidentally, my mental health has also improved with some counseling and prescription drugs that I might have not needed if my symptoms had been caught during childhood. COVID-19 and college work really brought me to my lowest point so much so that I finally gave into getting help. It's been an uphill climb, but I am so much better for it. Health insurance would be nice, once I start working. It'll get better with time and healthy coping mechanisms. But damn, amazing what some resource accessibility does for one's health lol.
Rose chapter 10 . 6/28
I’ve just binged all three books over the course of two days. It’s been incredible to read and notice how much your writing improves with each chapter. I love how you add depth to the characters, they’re not perfect, but they grow and change and evolve with time. They’re not the strongest but with time and practice they improve. Honestly I love hakoda and I love hakoda and zuko. I’m happy that you’ve written as much as you have although I’d be ecstatic if you continued posting. I hope wherever you are in life you’re happy and healthy xx
Goldspark1 chapter 10 . 6/24
Thanks so much for the great chapter. Took my time as I wanted some time to pass before doing a detailed review.

Great job on the environment. They are in a cave which are normally wet and rocky. Both playing a part throughout the chapter with Toph being able though sand instead of on Appa.

Love the return of Iroh's teachings to Dakota. For one, is great to see the story reference previous events that happened in the past. Second, feels right at home in the lore that Firebending is a much more intiminate form of bending because you have to create it from your emotions. Their is no element to 'bend' in the physical world. That spark and fuel have to come from inside you.

Also really enjoyed the part where Toph mentioned her and Katara's ability to hold a grudge. Even in the show, Toph and Katara were the ones that could really hold a grudge. When Katara first saw Zuko save them from Combustion man, she did not forgive him. She remembered the missteps he made. She also did not forgive the man who killed her mother. Toph as well because, well, seems like all earth benders are stubborn. The first thing she says after being saved by Zuko is, "Let him join. Will give me plenty of time to get back at him for burning my feet."

Not sure how to feel about the Zuko/Dakota relationship so cannot judge it without my bias bleeding through.

Love the payoff of Toph spitting Mai's name. Honestly, this was the BEST addition in Earth: Bring it down and Fire: Take a breath. Mai helped convince Zuko to join Azula. Was Mai aware of the entire situation? Did she not care about this random girl who is obvious has feelings for the man she had a crush on since they were kids? No idea but great to see Toph carry that grudge of what Mai did. Not only to her but to her friends. Also led to a great part when Aang and Toph had a quiet discussion. This works on so many levels. Shows the worldbuilding with Aang knowing the monks teachings and passing on that wisdom even though that culture is almost snuffed out. Shows that Aang is a great person. He does not rise to Tophs taunt and knows that emotion can get us to say things we really do not mean. Shows that Toph can and does carry a grudge. Fulfilling what was previously told to us.
Spartan b322 chapter 1 . 6/23
Glad to see your returning to writing again, and a great chapter as always especially cool coming from a different perspective. I look forward to Dakota and Zukos reunion.