Reviews for Daphne Greengrass and the Importance of Intent
BillBrink chapter 23 . 7/3
Second time through, just as much fun. That's the mark of an exceptional writer. Thank you once more.
BillBrink chapter 7 . 6/29
One of the joys of finding an excellent writer, such as yourself, is reading their work multiple times and deriving as much pleasure from it as I did the first time through. I know FF won't let me review at the end as I normally do, so I thought I would take this opportunity in the middle of your story to, once again, say thank you for sharing this well written and entertaining story.
Archleone chapter 23 . 6/29
I think my only real complaint is that Harry is going to play Quidditch for a living. It's such a boring game. And a boring career. I mean, I hate sports in general, but even muggle sports seem more engaging than Quidditch. The only thing it has going for it really is that it happens in the air.

I suppose there is another thing I'd complain about, and that is the idea that Daphne basically is the one who defeated Voldemort. Harry actually did very little. He was more the medium through which she defeated his enemy. For him. Because she loves him. Which is sweet and cute, but it does make Harry himself seem pretty dull and uninteresting in comparison. I like my Harry's to be more magically competent and capable of cool wizard stuff. Not just "I fly around real good on my wooden stick and catch a shiny little ball."

There's also the whole Hallows thing that I have a terrible, awful fondness for. That is, the idea that they make Harry much more powerful somehow because he has all of them and he's technically the proper heir/owner given that he's descendant from Ignotus, and most of the other potential heirs are super dead and most never even got to touch the Cloak. Except for Dumbledore, but he never had the Cloak while he had the other two items. And there's no real evidence that he's part of the Peverell line either. They were mentioned briefly, but since this is Daphne POV and then you skipped a whole year, we never got any details on what Dumbledore actually told Harry about them or what he did with them. I like the idea that he kept them to keep them safe. I always hate it when Harry tosses two of the items away, one in a forest and the other in a tomb. Movie-Harry breaking the wand deeply offended me.

Anyway, I think "MoD-Harry" gives a fun sort of basis for crossover stories that have more of an action angle. "Harry a very kick ass wizard, go aim him at villains in another world and see what happens." But then I also am fond of isekai trash, so I /would/ like that premise.
Dangerouse chapter 23 . 6/28
This is the first Daphne/ Harry story I’ve ever finished. I’m usually majorly put off by a snooty, stuck up Daphne, but I really enjoyed your version of her. Loved the story, well done!
Sterling-Ag chapter 23 . 6/28
Another lovely story. I had just previously read Paradigm Shift and immediately went on to read this one and I couldn't put it down. It is now 5:37 in the morning and I am very glad that I don't have to go to work today. I mentioned earlier in my review of "...Shift" that your pacing seemed a bit flat. This story didn't have that problem. While there was not any direct conflict, how you used DG and HP struggle to reach a specific goal kept enough dramatic tension in the story to keep me hooked. Wonderful job and thanks. I'm going to bed now (lol) but I plan on reading your side stories to this fic next. I really liked how you developed the relationship here. When done right it is always interesting reading about how a character outside of the canon plot texts to Harry's past and you did a great job with that.
Sterling-Ag chapter 12 . 6/28
I'd totally read Harry Potter and the Hungry Hippogryph as well. Especially if a talented fic author wrote it. (hint, hint
Simianpower chapter 1 . 6/24
This wasn't bad, but too many of the most interesting parts happened off-screen and were only discussed in the past tense. I guess that's what I get for reading a romance/family story rather than action/adventure. It did take away from the story to some extent, though. Overall I'll call this a solid 7/10.
Simianpower chapter 15 . 6/24
"she suddenly heard her head of house sneer behind her." And just how did she manage to hear a facial expression? From behind, at that?
Simianpower chapter 12 . 6/24
Again there's a time problem in this chapter. "You have to be back in 45 minutes, and I don't want to take you back a minute early." Under a minute worth of conversation happens. "Well, we'd better get you back."
DaSalvatore chapter 23 . 6/23
This is an absolutely beautiful story. I wasn't sure what to expect with this (HarryxDaphne is my favourite pairing but I'm extra critical of them) but this is a really great ride. I love the fact that it focuses entirely on the two of them falling in love through the magic rather than the two being different parts of the plot.
Simianpower chapter 4 . 6/23
In the prior chapter, you wrote out every word that they said to each other. It took 2-3 minutes to read, probably double that for the actual conversation. Yet here you said it took two hours. Not. A. Chance. If you want to pad out their conversation time, you have to do so in the story. "They kept talking about her family, wizarding politics and economics, and his background for some time" or something like that. Yet you wanted that to be in this and subsequent chapters in far greater detail. So... that prior conversation was just a five to ten minute introductory meeting, not a two-hour detailed conversation.
HeartsGlow chapter 23 . 6/22
This has to be one of my all-time favorite stories
Dzerx chapter 2 . 6/20
Daphne came across as a right uppity bitch in this chapter lmao.
Deathmvp chapter 23 . 6/18
great work on this. thank you for posting it
N Flamel chapter 20 . 6/11
Wow! This is perhaps the most intense and emotional chapter I've read in HP fan fiction. Incredible job, PS.
1,090 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »