Reviews for On My Way
MandalaMarigold chapter 10 . 11/6/2021
Oh my heck! This is perfect! And quite possibly the closest I get to Ghost Stories, and I thank you.
Dream of Ragtime chapter 10 . 12/15/2020
Thank you, thank you, thank you for writing this because that’s exactly what happened, right?! I love the “rhythm” of the story, Jean’s feelings and the ones of those who gravitate around her and Lucien’s only aim to go back to his wife no matter how. The last two chapters are an emotional whirlwind...literally. Jean beginning to accept that maybe Lucien is not com back, her desire to stay alone in her own house and the shock after that knock at the door. Everything is just too much, so much that she has to ask him if he’s really there and finally yes he is and it’s all real, Jean! She wants so desperately to care for him and he just lets her because it’s her way to tell him she loves him, not only with words and also because it’s her way to reassure herself that it’s not a dream...and I love it!
thetucc chapter 2 . 8/6/2020
I love seeing their two stories side by side and poor clueless Lucien has no idea how his absence is affecting those he left at home. But leave it to Jean to soldier on. I also like the little explanation that she changed her world view not just because of Lucien’s progressive influence, but because she was able to experience first hand the world and expand her horizons. Good stuff all around.
thetucc chapter 1 . 8/5/2020
I dove into fic for another fandom and got behind on TDBM stories, so I’m just now coming round to this. And I really love how you’ve set this up. It’s totally plausible that Lucien would have to travel under the radar to China to see his daughter and the rest of the family in order to keep everyone safe. Leave it to him to take it all the way to faking his death...haha And Jean is just there holding on to hope and the promise that Lucien made that he’ll be back because that’s all she has to go on. I’ve only watched the telemovie once, south memories of it are foggy, and I’m looking forward to your spin on the storyline.
Texasfan chapter 1 . 8/9/2019
This happy end
rahleeyah chapter 10 . 12/13/2018
Oh gosh see Jean? It is real! Ughhhhhhhhhhh they're so lovely and I love their quiet conservation so much. Lucien is so proud of his Jean and she is so grateful to have him back and they are so perfect together! And then! Their friends! The elation that Lucien has returned, all of them being so sneaky in restoring the studio so they can have their bedroom back I COULD CRY this is so what they needed, and so what we needed, and I love it so much. Bravo babes.
rahleeyah chapter 9 . 12/13/2018
"I'd recognize you anywhere my love" ooh Jean. This is such a beautiful chapter, so full of tenderness and hope and joy even as it is tinged by sadness, the knowledge that Lucien is so broken, that he has been through so much Jean doesn't yet understand. Her question to him "are you real" and her feeling as if it must be a dream that it's too good to be real are so bittersweet; we think we know, as she thinks she knows, but the question lingers. I loved her helping him in the bath, how she can't bear to let him out of her sight, how she needs to prove to herself that he's really there, how gentle she is. The love they feel comes through so clearly, its beautiful.
rahleeyah chapter 8 . 12/13/2018
LUCIEN IS ON HIS WAY. ooh my heart breaks for Jean, how alone she feels, how she can't bear the celebrations when the one she loves is not by her side. It rings true for her, she never did want others to see how she suffers. But little does she know! Sweet Lucien is so close, and he will not stop until he's back with her. Oh this is so full of such a tense sort of hope as we see Lucien drawing ever nearer to his home. He's in such a dreadful state but he won't let anything keep him from his Jean - how very Lucien.
rahleeyah chapter 7 . 12/13/2018
I love Alice and Jean being friends, and I am particularly fond of the image of them sitting together in the morgue. But oh my poor Jean! She isn't quite ready to let go, but she's getting there, finally allowing herself to consider the possibility that he's gone and think about a future without him. Perish the thought. But Lucien! Is getting closer! It's wonderful to see how despite his circumstances he's still Lucien, still brilliant, still determined to help, and it is that determination that brings him ever closer to Jean. Oh these poor little beans.
rahleeyah chapter 6 . 12/13/2018
My heart! Lucien would be so proud of Jean! I am so proud of Jean! I found her choice of policy particularly apt, even as it tugs the heartstrings that she must celebrate this victory without him. And oh Lucien! He is in dire straits and it is so difficult to watch him suffer so. One thing I particularly enjoyed about this chapter is that despite their wildly different circumstances and the distance between them they are both taking comfort in imagining one another. Their hearts are aching in the same way. Oh and so is mine!
savedher chapter 10 . 12/8/2018
Oh, you restored the studio! And of course, the whole family had to come for Christmas. This was a lovely end to a rather harrowing journey.
savedher chapter 9 . 12/8/2018
Finally, reunited! I knew Jean would fix him up. The studio being locked away just hurts, though.
savedher chapter 8 . 12/8/2018
You're killing me, Ariel. My loves suffering so much. But he's home now. He better make it up to her.
savedher chapter 7 . 12/8/2018
Ah, Jean finally accepts his loss, just as Lucien catches a break. Love the mention of Danny, too.
savedher chapter 6 . 12/8/2018
Good for Jean! And Lucien would be so proud, and will be when he hears about it. Poor thing, struggling so hard, but he's finally on his way home. Jean will fix him up.