Reviews for On My Way
rahleeyah chapter 5 . 12/4/2018
Lucieeeeeeeen oh my gosh ok so first of all, yes good Susan and Jean being friends is perfect bc there is no one who will understand and accept a widows grief like another widow. They've both lost so much and are trying so hard to carry on and I love it. But Lucien! This poor bean! He's made things hard for himself with the whole faking his death thing, but his dedication to do whatever it takes to get back to Jean is beautiful. He just wants to come home and oh it will be so wonderful when he does!
rahleeyah chapter 4 . 12/4/2018
My heart! Oh man I need a minute. Ok so you know I love Jean talking to Christopher. They grew up together, were so young when they started and then eventually grew into adulthood, raising a family and making a life together. With Lucien gone who else could ever understand but Christopher? It's so beautiful in such an awful way, to think that this is where she finds comfort. And then line about another marker, another empty grave for a husband taken too soon? That ripped my heart out in the best possible way I love it so much. Jean is giving up her hope while in the past we see Lucien clinging to his as he makes his way home to her at last - except nothing is ever that simple is it Lucien?
rahleeyah chapter 3 . 12/4/2018
Gosh Jean's conversation with Amy is so hard because Amy never knew Lucien, never saw Jean with him, has no idea that Jean had good reason to believe he was still alive and is only now losing hope. I loved Jean's thoughts about the surgery, the memories in that room, how she felt when Lucien was looking after her. And that conversation! Gosh yes Lucien would love Amy. And then on the other side while Jean is talking to Amy about the man she loves Lucien is talking to Mei Lin about Jean, Mei Lin who knows her, who understands his situation so well. I love the bittersweetness of their conversation, these two people who loved each other once but have since moved on. I love that Mei Lin is encouraging Lucien to get back home to Jean, that she knows what Jean means to him and isn't angry - though she's close to the line, understandably. I loved her pointing out that Jean still wore her wedding ring when she was widowed while Lucien didn't. It's a subtle reminder of how Jean clung to the past, and he didn't. Gosh so goodgood.
rahleeyah chapter 2 . 12/4/2018
Ok first of all - the baby's name! Named for his grandfather! My heart! Gosh I love Lucien happy sand reunited with his family. But to juxtapose his happiness with Jean's lament is so heart rending and beautifully done. I love the thoughts about the differences between Jean Blake and Jean Beazley, how she's changed but in her heart she's still got so much in common with Cec, their quiet dignity and strength. So much has to go wrong for Lucien, in order for Jean to be alone for so long, and it's so hard to watch Lucien's happiness knowing there's sorrow to come. Gosh I love every single thing about this.
DaliMaldo chapter 3 . 12/2/2018
Oh my goodness! I'm heartbroken reading each chapter but looking forward to the you.
coachsone chapter 1 . 12/1/2018
Love how you explain Lucien's disappearance. Just hope we have a happy ending. Thanks for sharing.
NancyMay chapter 1 . 12/1/2018
What a good way to explain his disappearance. I wonder ... I haven't seen the movie yet, just waiting for my dvd to arrive, though I have to finish some pantomime costumes first.
Mosaika chapter 1 . 12/1/2018
I'm in pain, but I'm with you here too.
Yesterday my heart was torn apart. I thought I was prepared, but I was not at all.
Please promise me that your story will have a happy ending.
theletterdee chapter 1 . 11/30/2018
HELLO, YES, I AM HERE FOR THIS, I LOVE IT (AND YOU)!
39 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3