Reviews for The Last Summoner
Greatazuredragon chapter 4 . 10/26/2019
Awesome story so far, great work.
Greatazuredragon chapter 2 . 10/26/2019
Nice merger of the two universes, so FF X is the past of FFVII. Very interesting.
Greatazuredragon chapter 1 . 10/26/2019
Nice start, good work.
blarg7865 chapter 8 . 10/24/2019
Just read through the fic. An interesting concept not seen much...mostly because there aren't many FFX fics made anymore.

Already Yuna's presence has made so many waves within the company and the world. I can see this will likely follow a different direction to the base storyline, especially with how space travel is viewed now it's known Yuna is from another world.

I'm wondering, apart from learning more about technology and maybe getting two handguns, if Yuna will Learn Black Magic so she has access to more combat abilities?

Will any of the FFX/X-2 superbosses (Ultima Weapon, Omega weapon, Penance, Trema, Angra Mainyu, Paragon) or Vegnegun appear? You mentioning Jenova changing her methods when she invaded Gaia made me think, after she defeated Sin, she was blindsided by one of these and fled, changing her methods so she wouldn't be blindsided again and potentially prepare to face them again if they can also travel the cosmos.

Any chance of Gilgamesh appearing? Although he has never appeared in any of the FFX or FFVII games (at this point) he is a interdimensional shapeshifter who challenges powerful figures to obtain their swords...along with collecting the swords of the worthy deceased, like Odin in FFVIII and potentially the deceased guardians after Seymour killed them off...I got this idea from recently fighting him in FFXII and him pulling out a fake of Tidus' blade.

Also, the worst enemy for Sephiroth would likely be a Master Tonberry :P
Ranea chapter 8 . 9/22/2019
Wouldn't it be an interesting twist if the "Glutton of the Feast", the Calamity, turned out to be the Lady Yunalesca after all? The familial resemblance is striking.
AnimaQueen chapter 8 . 9/22/2019
Pleeeeeease update soon! This story is amazing! I love yuna’s interactions with her aeons. More sephxyuna scenes
Guest chapter 8 . 9/21/2019
Awesome story. I think everyone is in update.
Mogryking chapter 8 . 9/18/2019
Animal is so interesting :D

Have thought about bringing the Magnus sisters or at least my man Yojimbo into this story at some Point? c:

As always your story's a pleasure to read -
Azure Shine chapter 8 . 9/17/2019
oh sehiroth always makes jump fangirl even thought he just appear and sit in couch! grad u countinue this! thank u! your story always great! you should publish them!
expressz641 chapter 8 . 9/15/2019
Nice chapter. Good to see Yuna being able to deal with staying in the Shinra tower. Was really interesting to see Anima laying down the law. If she can move freely around (more or less), then it means the threat to Yuna's safety is lessened. Hopefully what she said to Hojo will keep him in check too.

I'm definitely looking forward to see Aerith and Yuna meet. Zack and Yuna too!

Regarding technology in FFX, Luca was pretty technologically advanced and some of the other big cities. They had elevators and stuff but I think you're right in saying outside the big cities and the Al bhed that technology wasn't that advanced. Of course Yevon were hypocrites and they had lots of technology. But due to stigma technology was frowned upon. I mean Besaid and Killika were pretty basic so it probably depends where you are. Spira 'had' technology but outside of the Al bhed it was tightly controlled I suppose.
The Unplanner chapter 1 . 9/13/2019
I'm not worried about Yuna's summons. She ended up in a village that worships Leviathan - of *course* there are summons to be acquired.

Behold the power of the white mage! Who needs to cast Firaga over and over when you have minions - er, friends - who will rise from death at your command?

I am kind of suprised that Yuna picked up speaking the native not-Japanese in less than a month, though. That's a super-hard language even among the standards of non-Romance languages.
eaglefeather873 chapter 7 . 9/12/2019
A few small side notes regarding instances of mispelling/grammatical edits:

In the first chapter, there was a section introducing Yuna to SOLDIERS for the first time. You wrote "shinning" but it should be "shining"

In the chapter 8 (and I seem to recall an earlier instance too) you used "bath" as a verb, but it should be "bathe."

Also in chapter 8, you used "dresser draw" but it should be "dresser drawer."

I can't remember which chapter it was, but you used two "regardless" twice in one sentence. Not strictly an error, per se, just odd phrasing. I believe it was a later chapter.

In chapter 8 when Yuna sat on the floor in the living room, you used "In but" in two adjacent sentences. Again, not an error but it reads uncomfortably.

Minor stuff to be sure. I certainly didn't lose any enjoyment of the story from any of them.
Rhavis chapter 8 . 9/12/2019
Things Yuna is No Longer Allowed to Do:

2. Summon Aeons in important meetings. They keep revealing things to people that Hojo would really rather not be revealed. Ever.

Please note Sephiroth has gone on record to have everyone ignore this rule.
eaglefeather873 chapter 8 . 9/12/2019
Your stories are such a joy to experience. This has to be one of my favorite AU retellings that tie together FFX and FFVII. Even better that the vehicle you chose to utilize works within the shared universe's ruleset and mechanics.

I'm not necessarily opposed to retcons if they facilitate a great story mind you, but whenever fanfiction authors can dig into some of those murky grey areas and come up with plausible explanations for new concepts, I'm all for it.

The interactions between Yuna and Sephiroths (as well as Genesis and Angeal) are delicious. Can't wait for her to start dropping loaded questions and poking holes into their misplaced loyalties. What an outcome, if she were able to turn all of Soldier against Shinra? Would Hojo find a way to work directly with Jenova? How would Rufus come down on such a schism?

I saw another poster's question about non-summon material. That poses a few interesting possibilities, doesn't it?

Materia is merely a housing or conduit for the knowledge inside. For a sentient force like the Aeons, a prison to be sure. But what if magic, support, and command Materia acted like "containers" that Yuna could either draw from or fill up? Yuna could pour her knowledge and abilities into "Empty" Materia, creating supercharged restorative Materia. Since Black Magic wasn't her in-canon specialty, she wouldn't be able to break the game in that direction. I'm sure making even on would wipe her out mentally, too, so that it can all stay balanced.

There's precedent for that idea too - Enemy Skill Materia can absorb energy directed at the wielder, so it wouldn't be a stretch to say someone of Yuna's power (with the help of someone like Aerith, maybe?) could work it all out. Cool premise though.

Lastly, I wonder if Yuna was the only soul to have transmigrated from Spira. You haven't explained yet how it worked for her - but is there a chance someone else from her Guardians made the trip too? If magic ability was the prime factor, Lulu wouldn't be impossible. If there was something unique to Yuna, though, then I guess it's a long shot.

Do echoes of Spira's Farplane exist on Gaia? Or from this chapter's mention of the interstellar journey, what would a trip without a lifestream-like mechanism mean for the lifeforms involved? How would new lives be born, and to where would their souls go upon death? Or did they perhaps go into a quasi-Fayth like fate in order to survive the long journey.

Lots of interesting questions for a really great premise and story. Keep up the awesome work!
V01dSw0rd chapter 8 . 9/12/2019
Perhaps ALL THREE of the Bahamut are the children of Yuna’s bahamut? It would fit for how powerful one of the, already very strong, summon could become- over time.
Capable of Zeta Flare, perhaps? (The longer one exists, the greater they become...)

Small typoIfalnD’

I wonder, how would Yuna react to meeting a WEAPON. Are they, possibly, Gaia’s versions of Sin?
Could Yuna end up catalyzing any Master Materia?
96 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »