Reviews for The Trial of Frodo Baggins
ClaudiaofBree chapter 7 . 5/25/2003
Gah, I loved this! I know I'm utterly incoherent about this, but this scene was so powerful, and you have Aragorn and Frodo in such good character. I love how Aragorn is being stern and kingly. Heh. I just have to wonder what his "punishment" will end up being because Frodo will not accept compassion at this point!
Nilmandra chapter 7 . 5/25/2003
I just came upon this story today -what a delight to read! You have captured each character wonderfully. I am looking forward to seeing the 'trial' unfold. I am glad that Aragorn was kingly and demanding in this first meeting - he has taken Frodo's request to heart and will judge him appropriately, with facts and logic. Please, keep on!
endymion2 chapter 7 . 5/25/2003
I so much wish that this had happened in the book! Maybe it would have saved Frodo from his self-destruction.

You did so well in this „discussion“ why no one else could have taken the ring .I especially loved the part about Sam: ""Sam is honest and trustworthy (...)And I believe that the Ring had less effect on him than on me, but... he would not have had the understanding or, or the nature, the conceit to burden himself with a task that no one else would have taken. He has too honest and gentle a nature.(...) Sam's strength is in loyalty. He could not have, would not have taken the lead role in any venture. He would have rebelled at such an idea.""

To make Frodo help in the houses of healing should prove beneficial for him. No one should be left alone to brood over his dark thoughts.

„And so Frodo came to find a kind of oddly restful peace in tending the sick. His fears and troubles did not leave him, but while he bent his will towards learning his newfound craft, and while talking to those he comforted, they ceased to haunt his every thought“

Which part are Fellen and his „relationship“ to Frodo going to play ? „The tenuous connection he had felt was too fragile to be risked in an official, arranged, and blunt meeting with Manrim, Telgan and the others“

And finally I thank you for writing that they had „broken their fast“, I never understood the meaning of this odd word "breakfast", but seeing it divided into two parts it is so clear!
shireling chapter 7 . 5/25/2003
You are breaking my heart!

How can Frodo be so perceptive about others and yet so hard on himself?

Thank you for another wonderfullchapter

Helen
aelfgifu chapter 7 . 5/25/2003
this story is just so wonderful on so many levels! I just love it! Poor Frodo!

I just love the way you are having Aragorn use what in essence is a Socratic dialogue to convince Frodo that his is not to blame!

And BTW, when I read my own story, I can think of some very good reasons why Merry should not take the ring! LOL

-Emma (Ring around the Merry)
MBradford chapter 7 . 5/24/2003
Great chapter! I enjoyed the arguments for why Frodo was the ideal choice out of all the members of the Fellowship. Good points all!
lizmybit chapter 7 . 5/24/2003
Oh Gentle Hobbit, What a remarkable chapter. I see my E-mail to you was about 1 hour too early! :-)

I really loved this chapter. Especially the part about Frodo helping with the sick. It is so true that when we look beyond our own pain and suffering, and look to illeviate others, we find contentment and peace. It dosen't always take the pain away like you said, but it helps.

I love Fellon, and I can't wait to see what happens with the relationship with him and the Hobbits!

As for your descriptions for why the other members of the fellowship couldn't have taken the ring, I agree with you. Frodo became the "sacraficial Lamb" so to speak. His comments of Sam were beautiful. I believe that Frodo knew from the begining that he would not return from the quest, and he knew that Sam had too much of a life waiting for him.

This was just beautiful, you had me near tears several times. Aragorn's compassion for Frodo is just what I think it would be. Part of me just wants to greab Frodo and suggle with him and make everything okay!

*snif* I just know I shall never make it through ROTK movie in December! I shall be a sobbing mess.

Thanks for another wonderful chapter! I am anxiously awaiting more!

Blessings!

LMB
shireling chapter 6 . 5/24/2003
What a pleasure it is to read such a lovely story.

You have captured the characters so well.

I look forward to the next chapter.

Helen
amc623 chapter 4 . 5/21/2003
I just found this story, and I am already really enjoying it. I love Frodo stories and this is just so sad. Yes, I can definetly see Frodo feeling very guilty about all that. This is wonderful, you capture the characters' feelings perfectly. Let me say, I love your stubborn Sam. I look forward to reading the rest!

AC
Coriandra chapter 6 . 5/19/2003
Poor Aragorn, what an awful situation to be in! I hope Gandalf's right about judgement bringing Frodo healing. It seems, though that Aragorn did a good thing by confining Frodo to the House of Healing. His friends visiting him seems to have helped a bit and now he has a new friend in Eowyn.
Kay chapter 6 . 5/19/2003
Another wonderful chapter, Gentle Hobbit!

I like the way Gandalf (who trusts the king as well), with a few wise words, has Aragorn trusting himself to do the right thing.

I like Frodo's scene with Eowyn, her kindness to him, and her wanting his company. So sweet!

And who couldn't love a room full of hobbits? Thanks!
Aratlithiel1 chapter 6 . 5/18/2003
Your dialogue is so lyrical. I'm always so glad when you post a new chapter. I can't wait for the 'trial' to begin.

I'm very glad the Letters helped. I thought you might be going in that direction - nice to have backup from JRRT himself, hm?
Bookworm2000 chapter 6 . 5/18/2003
Hee hee hee... liked that bit with Pippin and the flower. Fun!

I'm glad for the update. Updates makeses us feel likes we ate ten fissh... nice fissh...
Midgette chapter 6 . 5/18/2003
Nice chapter. Like the Aragorn and Gandalf talk.
ClaudiaofBree chapter 6 . 5/18/2003
Ah...you have me dying with suspense now. I cannot wait to see this trial. I just can't wait! You have everyone in such good character. Thank you for posting!
225 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »