Reviews for The Trial of Frodo Baggins
shirebound chapter 3 . 4/27/2003
This is just getting better and better! And it sounds as if it's going to be a nice, long tale (yay).

Samwise Gamgee is the *best* confounded nuisance Frodo could ever have in his life. I just love how you're writing Sam. Can't wait for more... really can't wait...
katakanadian chapter 2 . 4/27/2003
Very original perspective.
Kay chapter 2 . 4/26/2003
Wonderful idea for a story! I'm enjoying this and look forward to more!
Acadienne chapter 2 . 4/24/2003
poo little frodo! so much he went through *sniff* anyways, another great chapter :) come on fellowship , make Frodo happy again!
Niphredil Of Doriath chapter 1 . 4/24/2003
Please, please continue this! And soon!

I love the premise of this story. I think many of use read and write fanfiction to exorcise our own sadness at certain parts of the story - especially those that Tolkien only hinted at. Frodo's post-quest guilt is something that he said would be "clear to the attentive reader", but LOTR is so complex that it might easily be overlooked by someone who only read the book once. Not true of many of us here, perhaps - but this kind of story does my heart good.

Well done - and as I said - please continue!
Mariole chapter 2 . 4/24/2003
Kids and hobbits, what fun! I'm so glad you've included Bergil; he's always been a favorite of mine. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the other kids, particularly Fellen.

Your dialog is strong and your humor is on target (as well as your angst!). If I might venture one remark on your writing: in both Chap 1 and 2, you never actually show the dialog of the hobbits trying to talk to Frodo. I know that this is tricky stuff, but you might want to play with writing such a scene out (even if you don't end up posting it here). I think you have the skill to pull it off. Strangely enough, the really painful bits help to draw us into the story. You've got enough light bits and heart-warming friendships to make the exploration of Frodo's guilt bearable.

Good luck with this. I'll be waiting to see more!
ClaudiaofBree chapter 2 . 4/24/2003
This is a very cute story! I like how you've incorporated the children of MInas Tirith. Of course they'd be fascinated by halflings. I do hope someone helps Frodo out of his slump! Nice job!
shirebound chapter 2 . 4/24/2003
Poor Frodo! Doesn't he understand that he got farther with the Ring than anyone else could have? That he never vowed to destroy it, but to "take it"? The vow he took, he fulfilled. I hope someone can help him to see his worth, and contribution, and ease his heart. Frodo doesn't need solitude, he needs to *talk* to someone! And you're just the writer to provide someone for him, G.H.!
lizmybit chapter 2 . 4/24/2003
aw...not fair! You can't stop there! What did he wonder...what did he wonder?

Great Chapter! I am anxoiusly awaiting the next! :-)
endymion2 chapter 2 . 4/24/2003
This is a very beautiful story but unfortunately also one extremely difficult to review - at least for me. Be assured that I love everything about it, I simply cannot find the right words. I just wanted to let you know that I'm following. Poor Frodo- so forlorn and full of self-doubt, but help is on the way1
lizmybit chapter 1 . 4/23/2003
Oh I really liked this...I can't wait to read more!
Teasel chapter 1 . 4/22/2003
What a promising beginning! Welcome! Like your other reviewers I liked the way you began with the children, and the skill with which you unobstrusively focused readers' attention on one of them in particular. And the hobbits themselves were delightful. One nice touch: the way a cleanup is necessary on the battlefield (very realistic!) and the way the hobbits are relieved that they don't have to participate (also very realistic!) Thanks for posting!
Acadienne chapter 1 . 4/21/2003
hey! I like this story so far :) Think hobbits think! _' post the next chapter soon!
LilyBaggins chapter 1 . 4/20/2003
Oh, this is very enjoyable... I love the children's POV here. I'm wondering who is going to drag Frodo out of his slump-can't wait to see!
shirebound chapter 1 . 4/20/2003
Welcome, welcome, welcome! I'm so thrilled you've begun posting stories, and of course, I particularly adore well-written hobbit stories.

It's a treat to read the perspective of the children of Minas Tirith. There probably weren't many of them, and the hobbits were undoubtedly the best non-war topic of conversation they'd had in years. Maybe that youngest child will meet one? I'm looking forward to chapter 2 with great eagerness.
225 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15