Reviews for The Trial of Frodo Baggins
Grimnir chapter 14 . 10/1/2003
Gentle Hobbit, thank you so much for this beautiful story. You truly did fetch the style of Tolkien, especially in the beginning of this last chapter - this could have been written by himself and fits wonderfully to the citation from the book which comes afterward.

Your descriptions of the characters are very well done and I loved the participation of the children, especially Fellen.

What I did not like so much, since I never interpreted it this way, is to see Frodo guilt-driven. In my eyes the book gives no hint to that - he is sick because of the memory of terrible events and the influence of ring and morgul blade, which have teared at his soul and left him wounded. But this is fanfiction and you made a marvellous story round your own interpretation of this. I look toward new storys from you!
Aratlithiel1 chapter 14 . 9/30/2003
Gah! I missed the verdict! *smacks head* So glad you wrote me. This tale was wonderfully done from start to finish. Your take on the pride thing was a little different from mine, but there are SO many things open to interpretation in these tales, no? That's why fan fiction is so much fun!

A very good job, my dear. I like to think of Fellen as he grows up, telling everyone who will listen about the Ring-bearer and keeping the tale alive. Bravo! And I look forward to more from you (except don't forget to put your poking stick use, eh?).
ShireElf chapter 14 . 9/30/2003
Wow . . . . I believe this is was one of the first words that came out of my mouth. Really, I wasn't kidding. I have a few things I absolutely liked about the story:

1). I think you portrayed all the characters brilliantly, especially Aragorn and Gandalf, since I believe they are the hardest to write since they are some of the wisest people in the story.

2). The plot itself. I always wondered if Frodo had really destroyed the Ring. I have seen two sides so far, David Colbert's (author of The Magical World of Lord of the Rings) and yours and it is very intersting to read about.

3). The way you ended each chapter was excellent! It held me stunned and made me want more.

An well written story, Gentle Hobbit! Congrats!

Shire Elf
GamgeeFest chapter 14 . 9/30/2003
What a beautiful ending. I'm so sad it's over though. This is one of my favorite stories. I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed reading it.

I hope to see many more stories from you in the future.
shirebound chapter 14 . 9/30/2003
Oh, The End! What a glorious, wonderful story, Gentle Hobbit. I've enjoyed every word of it. Frodo has found a serenity he didn't have before, and I suspect Fellen will become a scholar - and a credit to his city and his king. Thanks to you.
shireling chapter 14 . 9/30/2003
Thank you for sharing a wonderfull story with us.

Now that is truely over I will try to wait patiently for your next muse to strike!

Helen
Clever Hobbit chapter 14 . 9/30/2003
That's a great ending, though I'm sad to see it all the same. Merry was good about sensing how Frodo might be feeling. The eagerness of the boys to meet him was a good example of his fame.

Darn. It's over... ::sighs:: I loved following this... Thanks.
Raven Aorla chapter 5 . 9/30/2003
A beautiful story, and a topic that never would've occured to me. I am going to put it on my Favorites list. One minor detail:Gollum bit the finger off, he didn't cut it. But besides that I see no flaws.
Frodo Silverlune chapter 13 . 9/29/2003
Awsome story! Love it. mind blank right now, dang it, so I can't say everything I want to. Very well written. It reminds me of my own story, Of the Aberration of a Hobbit. Frodo goes mad in Minas Tirith after the quest and thinks he failed.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to reading more from you!
Tangelian Proudfoot chapter 13 . 9/23/2003
I don't know where to begin! This is a truly awesome fic, and it clarifies many of the questions that you ask after reading LOTR. You have a true understanding of Frodo's very complex character, and I love your elaborations and explanations on why he felt as he felt etc...

Your language is very beautiful too, and the fic is very emotional... Once again, "Tack så mycket" for sharing it with us-this is a fic that everyone who cares about Frodo should read...

**HUGS TIGHTLY**
helga chapter 13 . 9/21/2003
This was extremely well written and very insightful - one of my favorite fanfics!

You have probably read Tolkein's own comments about Frodo's guilt, or lack of it. If not, you hit upon the same insight the author did. Only you gave fanfic readers the chance to explore it all more in-depth.

I thought your characterizations of all teh characters were excellent - hobbits, Aragorn and Eowyn in particular.

I am enthusiastically looking forward to the sequel...
Coriandra chapter 13 . 9/18/2003
This story was absolutely amazing! I'm sorry it has to end. The trial scene and final judgement was so compelling it had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Aragorn was right, Frodo commited no crime, but I was wondering how he was going to arrive at that conclusion in a way Frodo would accept. It was good that he had Frodo tell his story to someone.I was a bit surprise by Frodo's choice, although it was a logical one. Merry had been injured too fighting the Witch King, he was probably in the best position to understand and help Frodo find healing. I hope now that Tenegold's captain can healing too.
Mysterious Jedi chapter 13 . 9/16/2003
Nice. You should write more stories.
shireling chapter 13 . 9/16/2003
If I'm teary eyed now it's because the tale is ended and it has been such a joy.

You have a lovely lyrical style that flows so well and is so faithful to the spirit of JRRT.

I will await the Epilogue with impatience and look forward eagerly to your next story.

Best wishes

Helen/shireling
ShireElf chapter 13 . 9/15/2003
I love the way you write the Hobbits and Aragorn! Good job, Gentle Hobbit!
225 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »