Reviews for The Trial of Frodo Baggins
ShireElf chapter 13 . 9/15/2003
I love the way you write the Hobbits and Aragorn! Good job, Gentle Hobbit!
endymion2 chapter 13 . 9/15/2003
This was so calm beautiful, and – forgive me, I cannot find a better word - soothing

"Cloaks, pipes and pipeweed. I shall be so spoilt, despite Aragorn's best efforts to keep me humble."Sam’s neverending loyality, „Sam said nothing, but drew on the pipe. The embers glowed fiercely.“

And this:“For if I could be forgiven for betraying the West through my weakness, then surely he could be forgiven for the death of his men while he bravely fought the enemy!"

It saddens me that this story is nearly over!

Merry was of course the much better choice. How stupid of me! Fellen would have been much too young to understand and judge the greatness of what was told him.
Silver Mearas chapter 13 . 9/15/2003
Spectacular. What a lovely end to a magnificent story!

I wondered - when I read the previous chapter - how you were going to finish this tale off, and whether Aragorn was to have any further interaction with Frodo (and the other Hobbits). But this was perfect, and I congratulate you for it... I liked the return of "Strider".

Frodo's relationship with Merry is on such close terms, and it is wonderful to see that special bond between the two. You wrote the opening to the beginning conversation so lightly, so realistically; it was almost as if I had become Frodo and was tentative about reliving the evil tidings in Mordor myself. I had guessed it would be Merry whom Frodo chose.

Well, all I have to say to you now is well done. I do hope we will be given a share in more of your work in the near future. Keep writing; you're amazingly talented!
Ariel3 chapter 13 . 9/15/2003
I agree completely with your choice of whom Frodo would confide in. Of all of his relatives, I have always felt that Frodo was closest to Merry - in viewpoint and temperament. It worked very well and I found the whole chapter both believable and touching. I could still feel Frodo's discomfort throughout, and you can see the matter is not completely resolved, but he has reached a resting place with his self-recrimination and it is the same type of place I always felt he had reached by this point in the book itself. Nicely handled.
Ailsa89 chapter 13 . 9/14/2003
I could picture the last scene in my head so clearly...blimey, it was as I was sitting there in the gardens with them. Stunning description- and everything has come to a happy close.

Sam's reaction was so sweet and so, well, Sam-like! Loved it- even when it's the right decision, he remains loyal *tremulous sigh*.

Beautiful.

A.J x
lizmybit chapter 13 . 9/14/2003
Bravo, bravo, bravo! Again you have done a wonderful job! I have so loved this story, and I am truly sad to see it come to an end! I love let line here where Frodo say about Sam "we are used to sharing things." That is a beautiful line and so true! I look foraward to the Epilogue, and even more so more of your writings!

Thank you again for this wonderful story!
lizmybit chapter 12 . 9/14/2003
Gentle Hobbit! How did I miss the posting for this chapter? It is only now that I have read the final chapter, and I was a bit lost mind you, that I realized there was one that I had missed! I love the "punishment" that Frodo recieved. It was very fitting! I really like this chapter and the fact that you have chosen Merry to comfort Frodo. Not many people write of the Frodo/Merry relatioship. I think that they would have had a strong friendship indeed. I love that you have written this!
Clever Hobbit chapter 13 . 9/14/2003
Oh- that wasn't who I expected... But awesome! I eagerly await the epilogue- and is Fellen going to crop up again?
shirebound chapter 13 . 9/14/2003
So your fascinating and insightful tale draws to a close - I'm sure that feels very strange for you, but hopefully you have more ideas up your sleeve for future stories.

This chapter was so calming. I get the feeling that Frodo isn't fully healed, but that the process is definitely going well. Supported by his friends and kin, of course.

(Is 'tobacco' the right word to use? Just wondered.)

I loved these parts especially-

"Aragorn was right! You had too much pride, cousin! To think that you could fight that thing to the very end..." And here he could say no more, and Frodo hugged him tightly, for tears were threatening to fall."

"Frodo laughed. "And nor am I. But I find both Aragorn and Strider comfortable to be with."

"And for me," added Merry. "Ah, it has been a long way from Bree. You had better be careful, Strider. We know who you are and where you came from!"
GamgeeFest chapter 13 . 9/14/2003
No! It can't be over! *sobs*

That was so beautiful. Did you purposefully style the writing after the Grey Havens?

And what a great way to end it - a smoking party.

Get that epilogue up soon. Do you have any other stories in the works? I certainly hope so.
Nivina chapter 12 . 9/14/2003
I loved to read how Merry took care of Frodo. The love and trust between the cousins shone through very clearly, especially given the difficult emotional situation both were in. It made me wish for a long conversation between the two in the future. :)

"Instead I lay upon you the burden of expectation."

An amazing judgement! Aragorn‘s speech was very powerful and yet so sensitive. I really enjoyed it. I really love your use of language, it comes so close to Tolkien‘s writing style!
ClaudiaofBree chapter 12 . 9/12/2003
I'm pretty sure I tried to review this before by something was wrong with . In case you didn't get it, Very lovely chapter. I loved the judgment, your characterizations were right on, and the punishment did indeed fit the crime! :-)
Iorhael chapter 3 . 9/10/2003
Ah. I should have started reading this earlier. It's such a sad and beautiful story! But I'm too busy with my work and I just continue reading stories I have decided to read earlier. I want to see now what will happen to my beloved Frodo. (I also LOVE frodo-centric stories.)
Clever Hobbit chapter 12 . 9/9/2003
I think I know who Frodo will tell... And I can't wait for it! I think it will be hard, but it will lift him up a bit.
ShireElf chapter 12 . 9/9/2003
Wow! That was really cool how Aragorn explained how Frodo wasn't guilty! Really good chapter! Write more soon please! *holds out some candy*
226 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »