Reviews for Harry Potter and the International Triwizard Tournament
Zavod chapter 55 . 1h
So my compliments on your creativity. It's tedious when authors rehash cannon. You managed to take setups and concepts we were familiar with, and turn them around, playing with our expectations.

That final battle was one of the best. kudos.

Thanks for the fun story.
EdTheBeast chapter 55 . 2h
This is a must read story! Very intriguing, romantic, and completely AU. I loved reading this story, I believe everyone will enjoy it!
Ryuu23 chapter 49 . 5/6
I do not understand. What happened to 49 ritual? What happened to black rot around his soul? I was inattentive, but what happened to the part of the Tom's soul in his scar? I'm confused.
Seigga chapter 31 . 5/7
Had to leave a review on this absolutely wonderful story. but specifically on this chapter. I love your take on magic, and magical power. It really makes it seem like magic is more than just a tool or ability that the mages have. You make it seem like magic is truly alive in this world, and more importantly, you show how it can be a "great yet terrible thing." Love this story, and I'm so glad I found it. P.S. I happen to play D&D and have to ask, Did... did you just have Gellert Grindelwald cast Storm of Vengeance?
zachariahm chapter 55 . 5/5
This was a good story, and I really enjoyed reading it and hope to see a few epilogue chapters sometime! There were a lot of things I loved in this story. The mentors were all great, Horace and Salazar especially. The three girls were awesome, and it was great seeing a harem that actually had to work through serious relationship issues instead of all the usual fantasy of bisexual girls just as happy to get into each others knickers as they are Harry's. The dancing scenes were lovely, I'll be saying 'un, deux, trois' to myself for a few days more than likely. The cameos of Luna and Rita had me absolutely cackling. The fight scenes were quite well done, the Second Task and Voldemort fight were both great, and the Maginot Rouge was downright chilling. I will absolutely be reading anything more you write in the Harry Potter universe, well done.

That said, it wasn't without some fairly major issues that held it back from being great. The biggest one is the one I feel led to most of my problems with the story: the pacing of the story towards the ending. In most of the story, you went into great detail on just about everything. Sometimes too much frankly, even if I usually enjoyed it. Towards the end though, it was the exact opposite. Since there is a major rant incoming, the TL;DR is that there were too many vital plot points that were wrapped up in the blink of an eye in unsatisfying ways.

Now the rant, I honestly did really enjoy the story, so I've gotten fairly passionate over it. Feel free to skip or skim, this just the ravings of another idiot on the internet. We spent 7600 words just sneaking into Malfoy manor and killing Lucius, not counting everything that led up to it. In comparison, after the greatest betrayal of the entire story, the Pavlovs are wrapped up in less than four thousands words after "We have a few ideas" is said, and most of those words are spent with Harry and Ivan trading barbs. After the novel has ground into us the importance of protecting family above honor, wealth, and literally all else, I'm pretty sure more words were used describing the sexual qualities of Narcissa Malfoy than what was done to the Pavlovs. Even what little was done was backtracked to soften the blow, and this was to the side of the family that thinks Fleur is basically an abomination.

Man, the Greengrasses got really screwed in this story. I liked Daphne, but it felt like she and her father worked the hardest of anyone supporting Harry and got the least out of it. Cyrus never got to see the blood curse removed from his line (nor have we, I'm assuming it happens later) despite having been one of the only two adults to really be Harry's ally in the beginning. Daphne barely got more than a kiss, and when her father dies, she doesn't even really get to grieve because she has to fucking pull Harry out of a slump. Harry wanted Fleur to "Help me focus on something else" after seeing Maginot Rouge, but denied Daphne the same. This is after she found the Diadem by herself and was the one to help pull the other two girls into a multiple person relationship.

Alright, rant over. To end on a positive note, I again want to say that I truly did like the story. It had its ups and downs, but it kept me reading long into the night. You covered some very well traveled paths, but you kept finding new twists and turns that made them fresh and unique. I greatly enjoyed the story, and look forward to reading more from you in the future!
Sanders7201 chapter 55 . 5/5
awesome story. ty for the hard work that you put into it.
CommanderSora chapter 31 . 5/4
Jeez man, the way Luna is in the story is actually an incredible portrayal of her character in this sorta universe. She is cognizant of the canonical timeline and even thanks Harry for changing fate. Actually crazy and can’t wait to continue reading!
Firesparq chapter 31 . 5/2
Okay, so I've been loving this story so far, but this interaction you have with Luna is everything. It's so adorably done!
good sor
ProditorMagnus chapter 1 . 4/30
Salazar letter reads as if he had been reading fanfics himself.
leecont chapter 55 . 4/30
This is one of the best fanfics I have read. Complex, detailed, with dense writing making you really read and concentrate. At the same time the story moves forward, trusting you to join the dots of the narrative rather than just spoon feeding you.
only i would know chapter 23 . 4/28
I'm gonna be real here, I was really enjoying this story for awhile there but I don't think I can move past this chapter. Maybe I will after I take a step back from it but certainly not now. At this time I just can't move past the pure idiocy of Harry even THINKING about CONSIDERING dating Natalia. There's no logical reason for it and it honestly makes very annoyed. I can understand needing the closure of speaking to her after finding out she faked her entire personality when they first met especially considering by that point they had known each other and had been kinda seeing each other for awhile. But after having a known potions master tell you that there are many different ways to mislead someone even with taking the truth potion why would you take any kind of comfort from her saying she likes you now? ESPECIALLY when she told you that she hadn't even wanted to get to know you in the first place, that she'd only done any of that because of her parents. She could've been thinking some bullshit like I like your humor or some shit to get around that so she could still be doing what her parents want. Even them just having that whole interrogation was her idea so how could anyone smart trust even a small percentage of that? It makes no sense to me but I kept reading cause I thought he'd be smart, especially with him bringing his own truth potion from slughorn, that was fucking genius. But to have him to still be willing to date someone that you know for a facts has been acting in a specific way to endear herself to you makes no fucking sense. It makes even less sense when you consider the fact that she still wants to date him even knowing he's not going to stop spending time with women she knows are gunning for him that he's also attracted to. I don't know any woman that's cool with their man spending time with woman that will be all over them so her being okay with that is super sus and he should be picking up on that. He's been smart enough to ensure the people he takes his advice from and that has some control over his family money/business can't betray him in any way but he's cool with a fake ass scheming chick that he knows has lied and bent the truth just to get him where she wants him? that doesn't fit with this self aware and less trusting Harry you've been creating. And I know I went on a super long rant that could very well come off as me being a dick but I genuinely like pretty much everything else going on in this fic. It's why that whole situation irks me so much. Political savvy Harry stories are few and far between and not many build on the world like yours has. It's very likely I'll return to this fic at some point, probably when I'm less frustrated with the Natalia thing you've got going.
TupanHD chapter 17 . 4/27
Where to you find inspiration to write this paragraphs of Slytherin teachings? They are really insightful especially this one on deception in the beginning of this chapter.
TupanHD chapter 14 . 4/27
I hope Natalia intentions are real but what are human interactions besides manipulations to get what you want...love, money, fame, comfort, etc.
TupanHD chapter 9 . 4/27
Nice heartwarming chapter. So far your story is great. With really complex and interesting explanations of magic and a Harry that is maturing. I hope he doesn’t suffer more and everything goes alright and smooth for him but I doubt it *sigh*
4,547 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »