Reviews for On Gorgoroth Plain
Virodeil chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
A sweet piece! So simple but so touching... I always love the point of view of plantlife, but this is the first time I view it from the point of life of a miserable thorn in Mordor. I love this piece. Thanks for sharing. I love the thorn... And I love Sam, for providing it with life. The devotion of that amazing hobit to both master and ugly-looking plant was... well, beyond great, I'd say. It was nearly tangible. You portrayed him well here, although sometimes it felt as if I was looking at everything from his point of view instead of the thorn's. LOL And what great favours a generous gift of rare water could bring!

Thanks, again, and well done. :)

- Rey
andaere chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
Wow, this is beautiful. It's a rare skill to be able to write for an inanimate object and not make it sound silly or overdone. Your writing is very poetic and beautiful. You capture emotions perfectly. I admit that I teared up while reading this. The interaction between Frodo and Sam is so wonderfully tender. And the whole focus on the thorn, about how you wouldn't notice it if it grew somewhere else, how it's fortune's slave, and how finally at the end it grows and thrives is extremely unique and well-executed. Something that is getter rarer and rarer in fanfiction...

I also love how the thorn gave Frodo hope and good memories when he needed it the most.

Again, spetacular writing, and very poignant. Thank you for sharing this with the world. :)
accountxdeleted chapter 1 . 7/13/2005
What an amazing story. I saw this on someone's favorite list, and now I know why it was there! It's going on mine now, too. Thanks for sharing this wonderful fic with us! Keep up the great work!
the essence of popsicles chapter 1 . 11/29/2004
wow...this is...such a beautiful piece of work...
Gabriela-chan chapter 1 . 10/18/2004
This is a beautiful story, and very uplifting. I'm so glad the thorn managed to hang on (with Sam's help) until Sauron's defeat! _

Anyway, I just really loved this wonderful story.
Merlynnod chapter 1 . 7/28/2004
Oh...what a beautiful, beautiful story...
Raven Aorla chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
This is as lovely, forlorn, yet ever-hopeful a story as the tree itself. Thank you for sharing this. I found it on a favorite's list, and I shall now add it to mine.
TK The Tenacious chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
That was wonderful. Such a simple story told from the point of view of, of all things, a thorn. Beautifully done, the writting was excellent. I loved it. :)
Kavindra Miette chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
I've tried to start this review several times, but I can think of nothing fitting to say. The story is just too good for any mundane adjectives I can come up with. Poignant, perhaps, original, stunningly descriptive, so well written it has that shimmering quality to it, but I digress. It's going on my favorites. Now. _
Music2084 chapter 1 . 3/21/2004
wow..that was great...beautiful..
Gentle Hobbit chapter 1 . 1/28/2004
I can't believe I never reviewed this story. This is my second reading, and the story has just growth in strength.
"French Pony" said it well: "You've put such life and character into a plant ... without overly anthropomorphizing the plant - it still thinks like a plant might think. And ... Sam the gardener watering both Frodo and the thorn and keeping them both alive."
You have blended despair, misery, love and hope together in a unique and thoughtful way. Thank you for this story!
The Phantom chapter 1 . 1/27/2004
A masterpiece. Simply a masterpiece.
Going straight to my Favorites.
~ Phantom
Silver Mearas chapter 1 . 10/30/2003
Oh, my! That was incredibly beautiful, Teasel. The idea was quite strange - in a unique, original perspective, but it was certainly well-written and deeply moving. Your use of words astounded me, and Sam's constant hopefulness, determination and utter loyalty towards his master were all wonderfully expressed. This part, as true as it was during the ROTK, almost brought tears to my eyes:-

"But he does not draw back; he is long past feeling such a slight pain."

This is the first of stories I have read which is written by you, but I look forward to pleasuring in more of your work very soon. Thank you!
amc623 chapter 1 . 9/21/2003
Oh, this was beautifully written. I absolutely loved your use of the thornbush observing the hobbits. What a wonderful short story, you have talent. This was great, I can't express how much I liked the way this was done. I can remember reading the beginning once but apparently I never finished. I'm glad I found it again.

Ailsa Joy chapter 1 . 8/23/2003
That is too beautiful and perfect for any words to describe adequately. I bow before you.

A.J x