Reviews for In Search of Happiness
WadeH chapter 19 . 5/5
What a wonderful story. I loved every bit of it.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 19 . 3/28
I enjoyed the lack of extreme angst and melodrama of this mild story. It was pleasant to read an Elizabeth who isn’t so blindly angry at the Darcy character that she ends up seeming brainless as the character does in far too many stories. This Darcy character was pleasant although pretty OOC for most of the story, but I can’t dislike an animal lover Darcy.

What was frustrating for me is that the two leading characters spent almost no time together interacting in the story & for most of the bits they did interact they were too much in their own heads and anxious to actually communicate much at all. For me the meat of a P&P story is Darcy & Elizabeth and what happens between them so as much as I enjoyed the lack of hostility and over the top action (and the lack of a Wickham mucking things up), I felt quite unsatisfied after finishing it. I got the wrapper but there was no candy inside.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 17 . 3/28
I get why Elizabeth doesn’t tell Darcy she has feelings for him given the era’s rules of propriety but what is his pathetic excuse at this point? He spent all that time he pretended to be a servant reminding himself he couldn’t speak until he was back to his normal life. So, he’s back. Why, before he left Hertfordshire or on his return, has he not followed through? It doesn’t make sense. Heck, he could have told her even before he broke character that when he resumed his regular life he hoped to court her.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 10 . 3/27
There is no way Bingley is not going to screw things up for Darcy’s ‘vacation’ but then Darcy should have known to tell him to wait a few weeks or Bingley would rush right out. With Bingley moving in right away (clueless Charles move!) he’ll either do something even more thoughtless and go seek Darcy out at Longbourn (or at least make a fool of himself when he sees “William” for the first time) — maybe in front of jerky John, or Caroline will spot him and freak-out, blowing his cover. I was hoping Darcy and Elizabeth would have a chance to admit to each other that once he’s back to normal he would like to court her officially before Bingley blows it or Darcy decides to go back to his normal routine. Once crass Caroline starts back in hanging on him and flirting shamelessly I would guess that would cause Elizabeth to go a bit more timid and back away.
Xena Anne chapter 19 . 2/24
It was good to see Darcy so relaxed and comfortable with himself. There is just enough of Caroline to set up a great putdown. All in all, an absorbing, low angst, cozy story.

I noticed a few typos. Is there a way to send annotated screenshots to you?
Obsessive66 chapter 1 . 2/21
Hi,

I'm sorry to tell you that this story has just been put up on Amazon Kindle Unlimited under the title 'A Kiss with Consequences: A Pride and Prejudice Variation Kindle Edition' by Brenda Carlisle

As I know you already have this story up on Amazon Kindle, I can only assume it has been stolen from you.
flight9 chapter 19 . 2/14
Oh what a beautiful story! Thank you! I loved it!
LAB1 chapter 19 . 2/9
I loved your tale of the rich man who found his happiness and purpose in life through unconventional means!
Elias7 chapter 19 . 1/26
I just found this story and have to say it is one of my all time favorites! I look forward to reading some of your others. Thank you
This was a wonderful story. Thank you for writing it.
Hiniwalay chapter 19 . 10/24/2020
Aaaah that was sooo wonderful, I don’t even know how to express?
Hiniwalay chapter 7 . 10/24/2020
'So the servants can be taught how to read and write. It never occurred to me that they could not. Cannot everybody read and write?'
now THAT is a statement of the sheltered privilege. Ha! And after all Darcy’s conjectures. How I relate!
I AM LOVING THIS SO HARD BTW
Colleen S chapter 2 . 8/30/2020
Love this story!
tractorlady41 chapter 19 . 7/4/2020
A most enjoyable story. I particularly enjoyed how Miss Huntley was handled.
Guest chapter 19 . 6/26/2020
I really loved this fic. it was so cute and funny, and made me feel warm at the end of it. Thanks for such a nice fic!
1,616 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »