Reviews for The Day It All Went PearShaped
Laseri chapter 1 . 2/4/2005
That. Was. Absolutely. HYSTERICAL! I love it! it's going on my favourites!

lase
Zizzi chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
Bruhahaha! That's very good! "Good sky"... I can't write a normal critique because I went mad when I read this. And that is means every good thing to the writer.
Grooviest disco-elf of them all chapter 1 . 12/24/2003
Did the previous mean C.S. Forester not C.S. Lewis! This is Hornblower not Narnia!
Actually when author was choosing name for Horatio Hornblower he tried to pick the most terrible name anybody could have to reflect the character's awkwardness! Also, Horatio was the name of Nelson...
Sorry that I'm using the review space to blabber on about nothing to do with your story, Demus, my angel, my love, my life!
singeractress14 chapter 1 . 9/26/2003
So funny! Wow, so I'm not the only one who thinks Archie is a way better character than Horatio, and I'm not the only one that thinks Horatio has a weird name! Horatio? Good lord, it's a friggin Spanish name, and before I saw the series and read my friend's fan fics, I thought he was Spanish, or maybe Mexican instead of British! Obviously someone was having an off day when he was named, if not C.S. Lewis. Anyway, your stories, or what I've read of them, are great!
Justina Lui chapter 1 . 9/15/2003
LOL this is even better than the last one! I love the way you look at things!ROFL!

J
Budding Authoress chapter 1 . 8/23/2003
Look, I know you said that you were going to bash the characters, but I beg you to lay off. What did Ioan (or Horatio for that matter) do to deserve that? I know you might have your own opinion of him, but please try to remember that there are fans out there who might hate you for it (I don't, incidentaly, just thought you should know). Admittedly though, the "get off the screen 'cause you're stealing Hornblower's screentime" was pretty funny.
edgy wedgy chapter 1 . 6/29/2003
That is very funny. I loved it. Poor poor Horatio.
LadyBush chapter 1 . 5/4/2003
Honestly Demus, I've already reviewed this twice (who do you think the Major Ed obsessive is!)

France was very moving- row on row of graves and the last salute in honour of the dead. I'm glad I went.
spaciireth chapter 1 . 5/1/2003
OMG, that was SO funny! My favourite part was definitely Archie going "That's better. Good sky." LOL LOL LOL! I loved it!
Major Ed is HOT chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
I meant Ioan Gruffud...
Horatio's Lady chapter 1 . 4/25/2003
That was great!

*Snickers over the 'daft names brigade' line*

We need to hear more often from the ship's POV.
xelabee chapter 1 . 4/24/2003
So funny! And so (embarrasingly) true - oh why am I so obsessed?

Am constantly faced with the dilema whether to do:

a)v important revision for impending exams in ... ermm.. not very long

OR

b)Read slashy / completely ridiculous Hornblower fanfics.

Sadly the former loses out every single time ( unsurprisingly)

Stop, please!
Married to Major Ed chapter 1 . 4/22/2003
What's Hornblower if Ioan Griffiths doesn't take his shirt off? And Yay for the lumberjacks!
Jamie12 chapter 1 . 4/22/2003
Absolutely fantastic story! Superbly ridiculous! I love it- and oh so true regarding poor Archie! This is one of the best parodies it's ever been my pleasure to read. Keep up the great work!