Reviews for At Arm's Length
TheShinyLizard chapter 1 . 7/13/2004
I would call this a nice and well written fordo and sam
Pheriandil chapter 1 . 11/7/2003
I think my heart missed several beats while reading this incredibly wonderful story. To be capable of expressing such a storm and depth of feelings is a rare gift. Your Sam is so extremely precious (as we all know he really is anyway), but it's absolutely breathtaking how you describe the development of Frodo up to the moment when he becomes aware of having to seek Sam's forgiveness… I'm so very grateful that I was allowed to read this masterpiece which I added as such to my list of everlasting favourites. Thank you!
Ivory-Bride chapter 1 . 6/23/2003
Oh dear... That was beautiful! Wonderfully written! It had me bawling my eyes out one moment, then leaping with joy... I was heartbroken, then overjoyed...You have quite a way with words. Your fic was so descriptive it had me breathless. It was so real I had to keep reminding myself it didn't actually happen.

I'll be looking forward to reading more of your work, that's for sure.

*shudder* What are you trying to do? Destroy me? You tore my heart out with the whole Frodo-Sam argument. *pats on back* Well done. That left me speachless for quite some time. Then everything came together, and...*sighs* Beautiful.

Wow...This was nearly a novel, eh? Please keep up the good work! Love you! And your fic! *heart*
Lullenny chapter 1 . 5/30/2003
This is a daring story that succeeds, and written so well, which makes it a triple pleasure to read.

Yessir, indeed, I'll be on the lookout for more from you. Oh, yeah!
Frodolives19128 chapter 1 . 4/21/2003
Okay. Wow. I really didn't think I would like this...in fact I almost hit the back button because of it being Frodo/Aragorn and then that bit with Sam and Aragorn. I decided to stick around and read the whole thing though and I'm glad I did. That was a very beautiful story. The ending was breath taking. Just *sigh*. Heart Frodo and Sam. Just wanted to you let you know that I loved it.
Teasel chapter 1 . 4/21/2003
How lovely to see this fic up on ! Triangle fics are hard to do well, and can dismay readers who strongly prefer one pairing or another. But they have the potential to tell us something important about all three characters involved, and I think you do that here. Your Frodo is complicated: he does not always know exactly what he wants, and when he does, he wants conflicting things. It is rare indeed in fanfic for an author to take so many risks with this character. But it's precisely because your Frodo is so complex that the ending works so well: his happiness is not at all a predetermined thing. He has to earn it.

I could wax enthusiastic about this story at much greater length, but do not wish to take up all your review space! Suffice it to say: your prose is a dream of loveliness, your descriptions make me see it, the plot is compelling. Thank you for posting this here!
Fennelseed chapter 1 . 4/21/2003
Oh my.

I'm just going to sit here and praise you for a few minutes; I hope that's okay. Rarely does a fanfic story get more of a reaction out of me than "hee! cute!" - which is fun and all, but this...this is literature. Yes, it's long, but I'm so glad I took the time. The length just made it a fuller experience.

This is beautiful, utterly beautiful. Your writing is amazing, dialogue is believable, and everyone is perfectly well in character. The interesting and unusual Sam-Aragorn incident was a great start and kept me reading, and then as the triangle unfolded I became absolutely enchanted.

Frodo and Sam's argument, and ensuing separation, was heartrending; it was bitter, vicious, cruel, realistic - just perfect. And then you made up for it so sweetly with the resolution...*sigh* My head is in the clouds now and I owe it all to you.

Who are you? Where have you been all my life? Stay with us! Keep writing! I give you the blue ribbon, the crown, the bouquets of roses, the bull's ears and the tail, and all that stuff.

Yeah, so, uh...this roolz! U rock, lol! (hehe.)