Reviews for Our Lady of Longbourn
Queen Alana 0108 chapter 32 . 9/19
You are truly a phenomenal writer
mariskagalinka chapter 32 . 8/26
This was recommended on a FB Pride and Prejudice variations forum. I am so glad that I followed the link. I truly enjoyed every word of this book. I wish you would think about publishing it to Kindle, I'm sure that it would sell very well.
Naomi1Go chapter 32 . 8/24
Oh my goodness! What an enchanting story! I thoroughly enjoyed it, consuming it in one whole day. I had it saved for awhile but only now chose to read it. I wished I had read it sooner. Thank you for this story. I hope all is well. Stay safe.
Kay Kay's Quill chapter 32 . 8/24
I came upon this novel after a recommendation on a Facebook post. It is marvelous! I would have loved to have seen it published, but now that I know where it is on fanfiction, I can come back to it from time to time. Congratulations on a most excellent writing effort.
GenesisYD chapter 32 . 8/15
Me encantó esta historia. Demasiado bella La amé de principio a fin ️️️
SunPho3n1x chapter 32 . 8/11
I absolutely loved this story! It went in completely unexpected directions but it was fun the whole way. Thank you for writing this.
Arjayess chapter 32 . 7/16
I realise this is an old story, but this is my third read through. (Obviously, I enjoyed!)
You did comment about adjusting the dates from 1811 to 1810, to account for the RL 'timeline'. You, however, missed that Princess Esterhazy came to London when her husband became Ambassador - in 1815. A Wiki search found one reference cited her as being there in 1814 - "but must be considered in error".
Lady Catherine de Bourgh presents a problem. IF, as the Queen says at the Royal Gala, her husband was a 'Baronet', an hereditary knight, she would have been 'Lady de Bourgh', as knights' (of whatever Order) wives take the surname for their style of 'Lady'. In other cases she would be, 'Catherine, Lady de Bourgh', as not a 'Lady' in her own right. As the daughter of an Earl, however, she was 'Lady Catherine Fitzwilliam' from whenever her father obtained the title. She would, then, have been 'Lady Catherine Fitwilliam, Lady de Bourgh'! [Take, for example, 'HRH The Princess Royal, Mrs Timothy Laurence', technically now, 'HRH The Princess Royal, Lady Laurence', since her husband received a Knighthood!]
Female children receive the style of 'Lady' if their father is an Earl or higher, but the firstborn son receives a 'Courtesy Title' of one of their father's lower titles IF THERE IS ONE. Bennet Darcy would have been 'Earl Longbourn' [the 'of' is dropped in the courtesy title form], not 'Marquess [of] Carlisle', as you have it - and William would have been just 'Lord William Darcy'. / Bennet, too, would have received BOTH estates and titles when Fitzwilliam died, even though Longbourn was granted to Lizzy, as he was her firstborn son, as well as Fitwilliam's. The ESTSTE might have been left to him, perhaps, but (without a special Letter Patent) he could not inherit the title. /
Still a good story.
jennifer chapter 32 . 7/13
This is probably my favorite Darcy/Elizabeth story of all time! Thank you for sharing it.
TGN chapter 32 . 7/10
Thank you for the good story.
This story always brings me such joy and I reread it again when I need a happy moment. Thank giy
One of the most enjoyable stories I’ve read! Thank you!
HBMTT chapter 32 . 6/5
i love this story it is amazing
VashonBeader chapter 32 . 6/3
What a wonderful story! Thank you for writing and sharing.
duj chapter 20 . 5/28
There was really no need for your convoluted explanation of the inheritance. It's an entail; it goes through the direct male line, not the female line. A son of Jane's would be through the female line, not the male. (But also, why does Jane's son need to inherit Longbourn? He's already the heir to his father's estate/s.)
This waa a lovely, riveting and a most satisfying read. Loved the many characters created/reimagined, especially Bosun, the Hursts and the Queen. Would love to read more treasures from you!
1,253 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »