Reviews for Friendship is the Reason
ZadArchie chapter 1 . 2/17/2020
This was a rather sweet story, and I like that you were able to incorporate multiple winter holidays into this. That was pretty clever. One thing I will point out that made things hard to read was the fact that there were some places where multiple lines of different dialogue from different people were in the same paragraph. I know that you may have been trying to show how the conversation was rapid and a bit chaotic, but I don't know, it just doesn't feel right. Other than that, I liked the story and it had a good ol' fashioned "season of goodwill" message to it.

Best,
Zad
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 1 . 1/5/2019
This was a cute one-shot that conveyed the holiday spirit well, and had a good message. It also felt true to the tone of My Little Pony and the characters' friendship. I liked how Rarity showed her enthusiasm by getting gifts for Rebecca's family. It could use a little more attention to grammar (especially remembering to indent whenever a new character speaks) and might have benefited by not starting with the characters meeting (since that scene wasn't interesting in and of itself, and wasn't relevant to the rest of the story.)
Bella119 chapter 1 . 1/5/2019
A lovely story with a true festive message about friendship and family. To make it easier to read it would be better to format each new speakers dialogue as a new line. Especially as you have crowd control of eight main characters. Splitting the paragraphs and dialogue up will help the reader follow the conversations.
Sara K M chapter 1 . 12/21/2018
Hi, I'm reading this for the WA December Holiday Challenge. Officially, I'm fandom - blind, but my children watch My Little Pony and Equestria Girls, and they've done their best to educate me.

From what they've told me, I think you've done well keeping everyone in character. Pinkie is loud and outgoing, Twilight Sparkle has books near her, Applejack has farm cats, etc. All of them are very close friends and are eager to make this new girl feel welcome and a part of their group as well.

It's wonderful that the girls wish to go to Rebecca's Hanukkah party and make such and effort to understand her Jewish customs. (Dressing in white and blue, making Kosher cupcakes, and bringing gifts because families exchange gifts for Hanukkah.)

And in turn, she is allowed to come to their Christmas party, too.

Such a wonderful celebration of friendship, just as you said in the ending. :)

There is one little mistake you made in this, but it shouldn't take much work to fix it.

(Pinkie was saying) "Your family doesn't celebrate Christmas? That's the saddest" - "Now hold on a minute," Applejack interrupted, "I'm sure they've got a good reason, so let's hear her out an' see what she's got to say."

If you have too different people talking, it should be in two different paragraphs, even if one person interrupted the other. You should either include "Your family doens't celebrate Christmas..." in your paragraph before, in which Pinkie was already speaking.

Or if you want to start a new paragraph there it should be written like this:

"Your family doesn't celebrate Christmas? That's the saddest" -

- "Now hold on a minute," Applejack interrupted. "I'm sure they've got a good reason, so let's hear her out an' see what she's got to say."

P. S. The conversation with your dad was funny. I never do math for fun, either. :)