Reviews for The Boy Who Said No
SixSixSix chapter 5 . 7/27
Can’t wait to see where this goes! Keep up the great work!
Luiz4200 chapter 5 . 4/4
Harry was sure and so am I.

As for your comment regarding social networks, the real concern would be how to explain computers, tablets and phones always failing at these moments. Magic interferes with electricity after all.
Tyler'sPrincess chapter 5 . 2/9
I have enjoyed the story so far, and am looking forward to seeing more of how it will move forward. I’m not sure where it is going.
BerryStainsAndSunflowerSeeds chapter 5 . 2/9
I'm so happy you updated! I'm really enjoying this
crankypants16 chapter 5 . 2/2
I like your story so far
rb2312 chapter 5 . 2/2
Nice chapter

And the fact albus entered no. 4 after being told not to shiws just how little he thinks of other peoples wishes.
not to mention being afainst the law.

And i have no doubt that if there is a way to have your magic stripped / bound / blocked, albus would not tell them.

Not sure if the goblet of fire stripping magic is cannon of fan fic.
not read tye cannon book in a while
Same thing with the aurors magic supressing hand cuffs
Katzztar chapter 5 . 2/1
I wonder how long it will take them to think of this If Harry doesn't want to go to Hogwarts, if he wants to maintain his muggle classes so he can become a doctor, but he must train his magic... then is it possible to hire a tutor for home schooling. How soon will they think of that while he stayed with the Dursleys and go to the muggle school, then he gets some modified tutoring in evenings or on weekends.
jaythekoala chapter 5 . 2/1
To be honest, I'd hoped for better: both sides seem to be rather unreasonable here. But I suppose it makes sense that the story wouldn't be resolved so easily! I look forward to seeing what direction you take this...
Millie072 chapter 5 . 2/1
Surprised Dumbledore didn't imply kidnap him. After all it wouldn't be the first time. A very good story
nesciamema chapter 5 . 2/1
Kinda wondering if Petunia ever looked into a will or potential finances the Potters may have left. If she knew his parents worked/had money then wouldn't she be curious as to where the money went to for Harry's sake?
magitech chapter 5 . 2/1
Agree with your A/N 100%
With today's tech there is no way people are stupid and arrogant as the average witch or wizard wouldn't be revealing their world multiple times every day.
If someone suggests going back in time to stop the person posting it online, well that's called a Temporal Paradox and that's bad.
You either erase yourself or you have The Doctor stopping you and angrily telling you off and to never ever try that again.. What's scarier, facing Voldemort or a ticked off Doctor? The Doctor, no contest.

Your Dumbles was very accurate, he a selfish, manipulative bastard not above using guilt tripping or anything to get is way. Isn't him coming in despite getting a NO! forced entry?
And all the magic he used knowing their discomfort is called Muggle baiting?

Go Harry, keep telling these idiots NO!
mwinter1 chapter 5 . 2/1
Awaiting more.
Mila Pink chapter 4 . 1/21
Oh ,I likrd it. Charity is sensible.
Nocte Furorem chapter 4 . 1/20
Wow! Someone in the magical world with a bit of sense? Hopefully, Charity's words will get through the Headmaster's thick skull and let Harry live his life the way he wants to. Unfortunately, I think Harry and his family are going to have to jump through a lot of hoops for that to happen.
magitech chapter 4 . 1/20
You do a good job of showing just how intolerant the magical world is.
Minerva wants Harry to come to Hogwarts despite whatever the letter said and what he himself wants.
If a magical screws up (and canon shows they do so often) it's the muggle who pays the price by being mentally murdered with their favorite spell "Obliviate"

You can branch this out into several different paths, each a different story.
A NO! means Harry's name is magically removed from the Hogwarts register permanently and the charter say's there's nothing they can do.
Dumbles insists and Harry is forced to do shopping and raises a stink in Gringotts and once he gets the key and see's HIS money, insisting on an accounting. Has Albus been dipping into it as he does in many fics.
He gets his wand and deliberately snaps it in front of Ollivander.
He threatens to make a public stink about being forced and the Hat refuses to sort someone who truly does NOT want to attend Hogwarts.

And ultimately, if Dumbles forces him, Harry threatens to break the statute of secrecy in a way that cannot be fixed. Flying a broom into a live telecast of Wimbledon center court final or an Ashe's test match would do that.

I like your Charity and her standing up to a bigoted Minerva. I can see many kids today rejecting their Hogwarts letter as there's no internet or phone service at Hogwarts.
"What is this? The Dark Ages" kids scream. "I ain't wearing no dress" Boys yell