Reviews for The Price of Flight
A few little grammatical errors and my suggested improvements:
"(8)0" - "(8)"
"So may species" - "So many species"
"office of the times" - "office of the Times" (because Times is the name of a newspaper)
"Janeway off Star Trek: Voyager" - "Janeway of Star Trek: Voyager"

The word Janittory (by the way, a nice word-play on the real-world Janissary) is spelled differently (as Janittory or Jannitory) on different places in the text.

And finally a suggestion: When Sam Vimes considers the commissioned officers available to him. he thinks of "Carrot, Angua, Pessimal and Andre". Why are Olga and Irena not included in this list of names (they are a captain and a lieutenant after all)?
a.t.m.schipperijn chapter 27 . 2/11
When it says "a great leader who brought the hubwards border of the Rodinian empire to meet the rimwards border of the Klatchian empire". I suspect should those terms "hubwards" and "rimwards" should be switched. After all, Rodimia (as discworlds Russia) is colder and closer to the hub as Klatch so you would expect the rimwards border of the Rodianian empire to meet the hubwards border of the Klatchian empire.
a.t.m.schipperijn chapter 12 . 1/25
A few grammatical errors at the end of the story and in the notes dump:
"Valkyties" should be "Valkyries".
"somethingl ike" should be "something like".
"getting uo there" should be "getting up there".
"pilotsup" should be "pilots up".
"occassional" should be "occasional".
a.t.m.schipperijn chapter 6 . 1/13
A slight mix-up of the ranks:
"They are fit, Sergeant." the blonde sergeant said. "We can make pilots out of them"
should be
"They are fit, Sergeant." the blonde corporal said. "We can make pilots out of them" (the sergeant is Irena Politek, the corporal is Hanna von Strafenburg).

P.S. Most of the witches in your stories end up in a relationship or marriage. Do Irena and Hanna have boyfriends (or girlfriends for that matter).
Xion chapter 31 . 1/5
I’m rather partial to vatrushki for the name of the Pegasus
Brithund chapter 32 . 12/22/2020
Hmm. Takes me back. Here's the lyrics to that most English of bands Half Man Half Biscuit "I, Trogg". They were there too. Been there, done that ...
Girlfriend’s said that she no longer likes me
Reckon I know why she thinks this way
It’s ‘cos I’m a Trog
And I’ve got mad sideys
And my gait is strange
So they say

Some blokes don’t neatly stencil their flight case
And some blokes don’t take apart valve amps for fun
But when you’re a Trog and you’ve got mad sideys
And your gait is strange

And when I swear it’s in a mellow way
Swiss Army knife and every shade of Humbrol
To Point of Ayr I like to get away
And in my dreams I take a beautiful girl

Got my weed and I’ve got my Sven Hassel
Omni stacked tenfold under the bed

In my rugby shirt, signed by Justin Hayward
I will rule the world
Playing Risk

I was born with a twelve string acoustic in my mouth
Midwife fixed springs to the soles of my feet
And now I’m a Trog and I’ve got mad sideys
And my gait is strange

And when I swear it’s in a mellow way
Swiss Army knife and every shade of Humbrol
To Point of Ayr I like to get away
And in my dreams I take a beautiful girl
BenRG chapter 32 . 12/11/2020
Who gets the white winged unicorn with the shifting rainbow mane?
Guest chapter 30 . 12/7/2020
Question: If the sergeant-major Wiiliams that appears in this chapter the same person as the sergeant Williams from "Slipping between worlds"? If so, why is the name different (in "Slipping between worlds" his name is Dafydd Williams)?
Brithund chapter 30 . 12/7/2020
And another excellent story! I'd be far sadder if this story arc landing wasn't a prelude to more of Strandpiel. At least I hope so. Epidity, the Potato deity... the Aztecs had one of those. And they had a unit of time based on how much a potato cooks in. ("You said you'd be here at al dente, and it's already mush!")...
Freyalyn chapter 30 . 12/6/2020
More excellent stuff - thank you. Great chapter to read.

Interesting thought about fortnight for an eight-day week. Perhaps something like 'twaitnight' or 'twynight' which would be a contraction of two-eight-nights? Sixtnight is a bit of a mouthful, and would contract down to 'sinnight' which is nearly 'sennight' the old word for week.
KsandraMallan chapter 29 . 11/30/2020
Always a pleasure to find your stuff updated! I had more of a thought on Alice Band in Foureckswater is scarce there and probably underground, and she wields a shovel. Perhaps she helped find more water for the town?
KsandraMallan chapter 17 . 11/30/2020
for Alice in Fourecks, I suggest a meeting with the Kangaroo...
BenRG chapter 29 . 11/27/2020
War is easier than peace (although far harder in terms of cost). Peace is... messy. It requires compromise and willingness to give up advantages that are rightfully yours in the hope that it stops the periodic snuffing out of tens of thousand of lives on behalf of few deranged and ambitious people.

The murder mystery on the train sounds like an interesting idea. Especially if you work in the Rodinian nobility and some old, old debts owed by some dangerous individuals from Brindisi.
Guest chapter 28 . 11/22/2020
Thank you for the explanation about Joan using the word "beggar" instead of "bugger". You are really thorough in your research.

A final little detail: In the previous chapter Khufurah said he couldn't get "five down" in the crossword puzzle but in this chapter Veterinari says that Khufura couldn't get seven down".
a.t.m.schipperijn chapter 28 . 11/20/2020
Hello mr. Pessimal,
Glad to see the newest chapter in this story,

I found a few little details that, in my opinion, could be changed (I probably sound like a boring person with an obsession for detail but that is necessary for my work (I am an engineer and little errors can cause big problems)):
- Should "if the garden had been full of people, wings beating slowly and strongly at a height where they could have more than bowled people over" not be "wings beating slowly and strongly at a height where they could have more than bowled people over if the garden had been full of people".
- I suggest replacing "Poisons had not been her specialism. Johanna was a fighter." with "Johanna was a fighter, poisons had not been her specialism." to make clear that the line "Poisons had not been her specialism" applies to Johanna and not to Joan.
- Should "Klatchians are devious beggars" not be "Klatchians are devious buggers"?
- In the text "olga's kiddies", Olga should be written with a capital letter.

Bart Schipperijn