Reviews for Letter from Exile one Merciful Morning
Guest chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
op
KeepCalmLoveSeverus chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
This is beautiful. I hope Minerva isn't right - those two deserve to be happy forever.
D3adlyG33k'sMistress409 chapter 2 . 12/8/2012
stunned.

Thank you for writing!
-dgm
Resa Aureus chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
This was as exquisite as Hermione's engagement ring. You wrote it realistically, the perfect balance of a dangerous but tender relationship between Hermione and Severus. Most Severus/Hermione writers make it so that their relationship is almost unrealistically perfect (suddenly Severus is a softie and suddenly Hermione is a Slyther - oh, and of course, a student and professor dating is "perfectly okay". Bosh!) But you captured the fact that not even they are perfect, that yes Severus is paying the consequences, but also that there is a part of their love that IS disturbing.

Your story leaves a lot open for us, as a reader, to think about. Is Severus romantic or obsessive? Will they be happy together or will they fall apart because of the effects if codependency?

You've done your research, you've timed your comedy, and you've examined a very complex relationship. You've done a perfect job in all respects and as a reader and fellow writer, I thank you. Beautiful.
guest chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
I was happy to rediscover this beautifully written story, and I've saved it to read again in the future.
dusty old books chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
I'm glad you put in the bit with Minerva. As a woman in her early twenties, Severus' expectations...his idolization and the responsibilities...made me sick. The letter, if I had ever got something along those lines I would pretty much do a runner. Can you imagine walking into a relationship...a marriage like that?

I thoroughly enjoyed you work. I'm afraid if I had read it the first time it was published, it would have gone completely over my prepubescent head.
selenehekate chapter 2 . 7/15/2012
I really love this! Great job!
GhibliGirl91 chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Sweet Jesus, this was nigh on perfect. Got quasi-philisophical at the end there, which is not to say it's not good but that was one hell of swing in direction. Gorgeous narrative, then right on to the ins and outs of potential codependency. It was a changeable, but Christ in a tree it was beautiful.

Funny too. The human moments made it, I think. Pansy in particular. There were flaws in the goodies and hard-won virtues in the bad ones, and you mapped them out starkly in a way that was missing from the actual books.

I bow down before you. Now if only I could find the original.
ForeverRainingFire chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Great story! I really loved it!
Morzan's Elvish Daughter chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
McGongall's got to be wrong at some point in her life, hasn't she? XD
Nazgurl chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Beautiful, insightful, dazzlingly written and made me weak at the knees for the lovely, quicksilver Severus Snape. Excellent character depth excellent, emotional writing an awe inspiring piece of work! I honestly don't like most takes on the Snape-Hermione pairing, but this was gorgeous. It had an exultant piercing beauty, as well as a sobering reality and plummeting dark to it, all at once. Great, great stuff you have a gift. :)
RedValkyrie chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
I thought this was on my favorite stories list already. It's an amazing piece of fan fiction, and it astounds me that it's as old as it is. The psychology in it is wonderful, from Severus' explanations as to why he's lived the live he has, to Minerva's deconstruction of the letter, and even Pansy's outcry at the objections to Slytherin's outing as a troubled house full of troubled children. The manic-depressive overtones that Minerva mention are palpable through the text. The overall tone of the letter, for me, is one of anticipation, like I'm standing on the edge of a breath, knowing it can't hold me. I really can't give you enough praise for this piece, and I wish there were more stories to your credit.

Quickly, I have to say, "I can do this to him. I touch him and he changes. He becomes his real self. Dark, unlovely Severus turns quicksilver in my arms.'" is a line of such utter beauty that I had to stop to read it more than once. I suppose I'm nothing more than a hopeless romantic at heart. Again, this is a marvelous work.

Cheers!

RV
Cascaper chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
Love, love and admiration, the whole nine yards and thirty-seven more, etcetera.

If I have to detail the ways in which I love this story, it would take far more than 10000 characters. So I'll just pick one way: it made me see the whole Snape/Mione pairing as something other than nauseous. Something much more positive than that. Perhaps 'palatable' is a good word here?

Anna Scathach chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Oh my. Brilliant. Really brilliant. Ten years old and still going strong. Wow.
Jemma Blackwell chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
That bit about Pansy and her Hufflepuffs was brilliant and it made me laugh right out loud.

Wow, what a letter!