Reviews for Letter from Exile one Merciful Morning
RedValkyrie chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
I thought this was on my favorite stories list already. It's an amazing piece of fan fiction, and it astounds me that it's as old as it is. The psychology in it is wonderful, from Severus' explanations as to why he's lived the live he has, to Minerva's deconstruction of the letter, and even Pansy's outcry at the objections to Slytherin's outing as a troubled house full of troubled children. The manic-depressive overtones that Minerva mention are palpable through the text. The overall tone of the letter, for me, is one of anticipation, like I'm standing on the edge of a breath, knowing it can't hold me. I really can't give you enough praise for this piece, and I wish there were more stories to your credit.

Quickly, I have to say, "I can do this to him. I touch him and he changes. He becomes his real self. Dark, unlovely Severus turns quicksilver in my arms.'" is a line of such utter beauty that I had to stop to read it more than once. I suppose I'm nothing more than a hopeless romantic at heart. Again, this is a marvelous work.

Cheers!

~RV
Cascaper chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
Love, love and admiration, the whole nine yards and thirty-seven more, etcetera.

If I have to detail the ways in which I love this story, it would take far more than 10000 characters. So I'll just pick one way: it made me see the whole Snape/Mione pairing as something other than nauseous. Something much more positive than that. Perhaps 'palatable' is a good word here?

Anna Scathach chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Oh my. Brilliant. Really brilliant. Ten years old and still going strong. Wow.
Jemma Blackwell chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
That bit about Pansy and her Hufflepuffs was brilliant and it made me laugh right out loud.

Wow, what a letter!
qa32pt chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
Beautiful and haunting.
lipasnape chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
I've read the story some years ago, and loved it. I can't remember anything after the letter, so I am looking forward to finding out what you have in chapter 2.

I read your Decoding for the first time now, and am trying to connect the two. Missing the connection, though. Pity you never wrote the first part of the school year.
LK-HoGwArTs-hEaDgIrL chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
I'm completely lost for words, this made me cry and laugh at the right moments, not many stories can make me do that. None of the words i'm gonna mention even begin to describe this story. It's amazing and brilliant and fantastic and loads of other words. I'm really glad i took time out to read this, it's a real treat, thank you soo much.
The Drawkcab chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
This is wonderful! Truly wonderful! Keep up the good work!

:}
JenCarpeDiem chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
That was absolutely incredible. I have no words.
Amarilla Grey chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
Wow! This is a masterpiece!
Rosmerta chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
I re-read this for the first time in ages, and it's as wonderful as ever it was. Textualsphinx, I hope this review finds you well and happy! What are you doing and writing these days? It seems so long since those early days of HG/SS, but this will always stand as one of my very favorites, and perhaps the best-written HG/SS ever. All the best to you!
Slayer2003 chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
An interesting story, not something I would usually be attracted to. I enjoyed your character study even if I do not particularly agree with your interpretation of Snape. His story was well thought out and detailed, and the letter format was particularly effective, except at the end, where I felt the fic would have been better served by ending it shortly after the end of the letter :)

Funny you're getting reviews almost ten years later.
wetprofiterole chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Hello! I am a fan of Severus Snape in China. I have read your story "Letter from Exile one Merciful Morning" on , I like it very much! It is one of the most important fan-story of SS/HG on the world. I want to translate it into Chinese, but need your permission.

As you know, another reader had began to translate the story years ago. But she didn't finish it, and we have lost contact with her for months. She must be too busy to continue her work.

So I would like to ask you for permission. If you can trust my translation, I will translate the whole story into Chinese in no more than 1 month. Of course, the translation is not for profit, and you can reserve all rights. I will put my new translation on the keero./bbs/(a website for Snape fans) and give readers all information about you as the author.

Waiting for your answer.
Pluma Desatada chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU TO HELL! WHY?

See, I was a perfectly funtional HP fan with a perticular distate and WTFness for HGSS.

I just read your story because people said it was amazingly well characterised. AND IT IS. AND IT'S SO LOGICAL!

NOW I'm SOLD. SOLD i tell you! I WANT TO READ MORE HGSS!

WHY? Gawd, I feel like the first time I read a slash fic. Exactly the same: the sheer thought of it had never crossed my mind, but it's "taste it once, crave it forever".

...

Now I'm off to read some more HGSS. Gr. I don't know whether I hate or love you for this.
lucyferr chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Amazing. McGonagall's worries were spot on to. Is this the most reviewed oneshot ever? Long onshot but still
372 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »