Reviews for Letter from Exile one Merciful Morning
All That Could Have Been chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
I have read this so many times. I love it, it's wonderfully written and just MWAH :)
Quimera16 chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
Cuando vas a volver a escribir? estoy ansiosa por saber la historia de como se conocieron pero creo k ya abndonaste hace aƱos k no escribes en la sequel :(
TardisIsTheOnlyWayToTravel chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
This chapter... was hilarious. The teachers... wonderful. People can be so catty and destructive, can't they?
an avid fan chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
That was simply beautiful.

I actually felt emotion bubbling around after each new emotion and feeling uncovered by the letter.

It was the most profound short work I have read.

I can say without hesitation that your ideas, plot line and characterisations were sublime.

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing a multi-faceted Severus Snape.A man that was not characterised by simple bouts of depression or intense venal passions. Instead, you really wrote of a man that encompassed an amazing array of moods, sentiments, hopes and feelings.

I adore this fanfiction because of the intelligent insight, descriptive language and pure believability of the premise.

I would love to write endless platitudes to your fantastically intelligent style, but I will settle with telling you that your work has re-invigorated my interest in this ship, as well as fan fiction in general.

RavingBabbit chapter 2 . 7/29/2006
I went through two cups of tea reading this, and the one I have now is a tad cold.

Never have I found a pairing so eerie.
Fawkes07 chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
That was really just lovely. Woof.

*salutes*
Carol J chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
I LOVED it! Just wonderful!
Chronicles Bailey chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
this is, as always with you, a beautiful piece of literature. I can't help but question Vector's turn of phrase, though - asking McGonagall to sodomize lesbians?

;)
thisaccounthasbeendeactivated chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Wow, that's incredible. Well done, you did an excellent job. One of the best oneshots I've ever written.
wynnleaf chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
I loved this story. The letter works very well. But I find myself most interested in McGonagall's comments. I'm never truly comfortable with the Hermione/Snape pairing - not so much for the age difference which can sometimes be dealt with well, but because in the long run and for the long term, I don't think the personalities are truly suited. Sure, she's extremely bright, but actually that's the main similarity. Yes, in canon she trusts Snape more than Ron and Harry do, although I tend to see that as her logic coming out. Snape is highly logical, too. But personality is not built solely on logic and the ability to take in and spit out information. Perhaps the clearest difference we see is in HBP, when we see Snape in the guise of the HBP creating all sorts of new methods for potions, using imagination, a willingness to strike out on his own, daring to try things differently - while Hermione is stuff pedantically and with high competence following the rules and the instruction book. She is so offended at the creativity of the HBP - that he gets such wonderful results without following the instructions. And then there's the huge set of emotional needs that Snape simply has to have if he would be in a romantic relationship. I've known several very Snapish men and, while they were attracted to highly intelligent women, they also ultimately found women who could and would support them emotionally for the long term. I don't mean that they used the woman as an emotional crutch, but their emotional needs were in some ways the greater need of the couple. It wasn't selfishness, it was simply a fact and in all the cases I've seen, the woman knew and accepted it.

Hermione's character works well for the short term of a romance of a story, but in real life her type of character would not suit that of Snape's.
Emma chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
A really beautiful piece of writting, I also liked your use of humour throughout. Thankyou
NatashaNiracval chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
That was absolutely wonderful - so much so that I only have one little bit of criticism.

Your translation of Voldemort as Flight -from- death is completely wrong, I'm afraid. (I'm French, so consider this expertise) Firstly, because Vol in French means Flight -only- in the meaning of fly, and not flee. Secondly, de means of, and if one was talking about running away, one would say "Je fuis la mort" - without the de.

It's true one would say "J'arrive de Paris" as "I come from Paris", but the different verb calls for a different pronoun usage.

Yet, actually, as I write this I understand that if it was a verb, it might actually be alright (I fly from death), but there would be no connotation of fleeing - instead, it would be the same way one would say "I'm flying from Paris", quite sinister, don't you think? But at any rate, it's not a verb - JKR did not twist the words at all, and if you add the spaces it's very much a noun.
Lillian Evans chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
Thank you for this beautiful piece of work. Not sure exactly how I stumbled on it, as I'm not an avid Hermione/Snape reader, but I'm definetely glad I did. Thank you!
Tooi ake chapter 1 . 1/31/2006
Great story. I think I would be part of the "general female sigh." I love the idea of the ring. I would also have to agree with saying that Snape would depend on Hermione too much and the whole Rome idea seems like it could be a real possibility if something happened to their relationship.
Cathy B chapter 2 . 1/23/2006
and WHY, having been on this website since 2001, I didn't read this before? wonderful! wonderful! congrats, good job, deserving of the award you got! )
370 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »