Reviews for A Little Walk
shireling chapter 13 . 8/11/2003
Poor Jael, That was hardly fair.

There are going to be a lot of people seeking vengance!

FantasyFan chapter 12 . 8/10/2003
I've just found the latest chapter of this story, even though you posted it a week ago. FF.n has been so bad lately, it's been hard to find anything!

I liked the paragraph about Jael's musings. The description of age showing in Frodo's eyes, a reflection of his inner sorrow and the weight of bitter memories, is quite poignant.

Frodo recovering, with Sam's trademark concern and Merry and Pippin's equally unsurprising antics, is quite sweet. It seems hobbits do have amazing powers of recuperation. And it seems perfectly reasonable that Sam and Jael would assume that anything on the table would be herbs for Frodo's use. Bit of very bad luck (or good luck, from Joram's point of view) that no one was awake and watching when the herbs were tampered with. I guess, if he hadn't been able to accomplish the switch then, he would have had to try again later.

You've left us with quite a cliffhanger - all we know is that it's bad for Frodo. How long before someone more knowledgeable about the herbs notices the additions? Hopefully before any permanent damage is done.

I'll be looking for the next update.
ME um don't have a LotR name uh i dunno. pouts uh yea. i'm me chapter 12 . 8/10/2003
HI! arg this is good. hee hee hee i'm finding it kinda hilarious 2. don't ask y. just the way they r insessently EATING! my god the hogs! *shudders* it scares me. ok this is random but i eat a ton at breakfast cause i love breakfast and my hair is curly and i'm diminitively short arg everyone calls me frida. ok sry that was a spaz. i just felt like informing u. it gets annoying after a while thought! i mean, i'm not THAT short. and my feet are somewhat *cough* normal sized! gr and i hate tea. so there. _ ok shutting up now. . .

HEE HEE i love this. arg POISONING! the devious lil blighter. arg peter pan. ok sorry. just the hobbits never seem to grow up. *cracks up at the mental image of them all flying around in tights* hee hee hee PIXIE DUST! ok done now. um, , , yea. so this is really really good! i can't wait to see wut the poison stuff did to frodo! yes i have a sick mind. aw poor baby hobbit. EVAL BARKEEPERS! um yea, so UPDATE SON!
Aemilia Rose chapter 12 . 8/6/2003
OOh! Evil cliffhanger! I never would have thought that even Joram could stoop so low . . .

Please do not leave it like that for long! I want to know what happens! Update soon please!
Lady Jaina chapter 12 . 8/6/2003
oh boy, more angst! yippee! I'm so mad at myself for not realizing that it was Joram, I saw it and went, no, it couldn't be. Darn!
Danfred chapter 12 . 8/6/2003
OOhh... the little bastard. Poor Frodo, hasn't he been through enough? *sniff*
shireling chapter 12 . 8/6/2003
Two days to recover, then you go knock him back again-shame on you!

When they finally catch up with Joram I vote that Sam gets to choose and inflict the punishment-no doubt he will think of something suitably painfull! I can just imagine Sam as an avenging angel.

Great chapter.

MoonMist chapter 12 . 8/4/2003
uh no! what will the herb do? O_o poor frodo! I hope he'll be ok! Good clifie! Arn't they so fun to right! I think the funnest thing about writing fanfics... is writing the cliffy! hehe! good work keep it up!
Ailsa Joy chapter 12 . 8/4/2003
G'ah, no! What's Joram done?

Thing is, with you, Ancalime, I'm not sure whether you tend to heal Frodo or kill him. You write so convincingly and beautifully that I'm really at a loss. Oh no! What's Sam going to do!

Ch.12 muchly enjoyed :-D

A.J x
lizmybit chapter 12 . 8/4/2003
Oh my Ancalime, what is going to happen? I am terrified for Frodo! He was just starting to get better! I hope that Joram will get his just reward in the end! Please, write the next chapter! I don't wish to be left hanging here like this!
Ailsa89 chapter 11 . 8/2/2003
Oh, what a lovely story. KILL JORAM- sorry, no. It's beautifully written and I like the interweaving of characters, Jael and Esli are so sweet- KILL JORAM... Really looking forward to updates.

A.J x
shireling chapter 11 . 7/25/2003
The cruelest plots are always in the mind of fiendish FF writers who like to torture their readers nearly as much as they enjoy inflicting pain on poor defenceless Hobbits!

Ok OK I love this story, please don't stop.

pebbles chapter 11 . 7/24/2003
Oh, no! What is that horrible Joram up to this time? Great story. I wouldn't change a thing.
Midgette chapter 11 . 7/24/2003
oh yes, that sounds lovely. I suppose you've already got it all figured out and we can expect the next chapter soon?
FantasyFan chapter 11 . 7/23/2003
I will be content to let you finish out Joram's punishment as you see fit. Since he's planning cruel schemes, perhaps he will get his in the end. In Tolkien's world, you know, your intentions are the most important determinant of your ultimate fate. By the way, on names. If Joram is the same king who was also called Jehoram, he was certainly a nasty. He killed his brothers, lead the people into apostasy and died unlamented from disease of the bowels. Not somebody I'd want to be named after!
114 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »