Reviews for 3049: Disaster Strikes
Xon the Archaic chapter 6 . 5/29
I'm not super familiar with the Battletech lore but I really enjoyed this.
Overall I would say this was a great story.
As others have mentioned that ending was poignant.
Anyway thanks for sharing this.
marvinkitfox1 chapter 6 . 4/8
Thank you for sharing your Vision with us.

This has been a fascinating look into what might have been, if...
BNC-3K chapter 6 . 3/24
A remarkable ride, no question. Even if i have to confess, you weren't treating some of my favorite fractions kindly.

Thanks for the great work and hopefully, we will read another BT story sometimes in the future.

Ride the red line, warrior!
Mira chapter 6 . 12/19/2019
There were some rough patches, but it has been overall excellent. I cried a couple times through reading this... but the end was, as said by a previous poster, poignant. Well done, and keep up the good work.

o7
AMWOOD co chapter 6 . 8/17/2019
I read this story in a about a 30 hour period. I'm not familiar with Battletech lore outsode the game Mechwarrior 3, but I do enjoy the few fanfics I've read.
That said, I always enjoy these snippets you add in war stories from either scholars looking back and witnesses. It adds a delightful addition to the action and intrigue, showing that while history is written by the victors, it os not written wholey biased by them anymore. It also adds delightful foreshadowing in a unique way.
Now, I'm off to read Lady Thief. Thank you for the delightful time.
Guest chapter 6 . 6/18/2019
Very well written. Thank you!
Rude Guest chapter 6 . 6/8/2019
The ending.. was very poignant. And good.

Thank you for your writing, I greatly enjoyed this.
yeeloong.ong chapter 6 . 5/2/2019
Fair ending for a storylet. BattleTech has become over burdened and bloated with characters who just wont die, even before its ignoble spluttering end when FASA got bought and the new owners one after another cared less and less about the IP. War kills people. Its time the writer of the next great epic realise that...an expeditionary force a thousand light years from home and used to fighting ritualistic combat with rules should have failed and fallen apart when they end up in a war without rules. Its precisely because plot armor inserted unlikely paragons like Ulric Kerensky , shifting conspirators like Comstar, revealed traitors (that should have been cast out on revealing themselves ) like Wolf Dragoons and all that plot fluff that dragged what should have been a quick defeat for the Clans into an 90 year occupation ending in the Dark Ages
yeeloong.ong chapter 1 . 5/2/2019
Its nice to see a BattleTech without all the superheroes protected by plot armor... The Black Widow dying in Raselhague of all places rather than fighting to the death on Twycross in the Refusal War... no invincible scions taking up all the pages like Kai Allard Liao or especially...VICTOR (god is he annoying)
CelendilAU chapter 6 . 2/3/2019
Yknow somehow that ending was even better than I thought it would be. I honestly thought Ralik would go out in a blaze of glory but that last scene and the epilogue really did make sense for him given everything he’d been through. The other characters around the conflict all felt important even if they weren’t as prominent but in many ways this story has felt like it was always Ralik and Tian’s And I love that you finished it on them in a really haunting and kind of touching ‘those who survived’ kind of way.

I don’t know if you plan on doing any more BT stuff or if this was a once off exploration, but you’ve absolutely got a fan in me and I would love to see you do more.
Dedischado chapter 6 . 2/2/2019
Very good ending for this.
WNabors chapter 6 . 2/2/2019
What an excellent end for an Epic story. I like how you left room for follow up story lines.
Dedischado chapter 5 . 1/28/2019
As I read this , I do believe that you have been studying your WW 2 history.
WNabors chapter 5 . 1/26/2019
This story keeps getting better and better. I now list this as a Epic salute to Battle Tech/Mech Warrior.
WNabors chapter 4 . 1/20/2019
This epic keeps getting better and better.