Reviews for PMD: Warped Skies
Setech chapter 82 . 11h
Wynaut is acting suspicious, I don't buy that they don't remember anything from the time they were missing, especially with how they snuck out when everyone was distracted, you'd had better just be a weirdo and not be brainwashed or worse shadowed Wynaut because I got this massive bone right here and with things as tense as they are I'm not afraid to give you brain damage if you end up trying to hurt someone for Nelia!

(shrinks into a corner) Daddy Dusky is very scary now that the news about Scout brought The Great Dusknoir persona back out of Guardian although it does make sense, after all his son is once more in a situation where his life is in grave danger and Guardian doesn't now where exactly he is. At least The Great Dusknoir persona hasn't been brought out in full to the point where he'd be willing to commit extreme actions to get what he wants... And hopefully it will remain that way

The aura is the means by which all is revealed, The Aura Is The Means By Which All Is Revealed, THE AURA IS THE MEANS BY WHICH ALL IS REVEALED

Sean: the trees are messing with me
In Guardian's head: simple problems require simple solutions (commits tree genocide)

Rhythm I understand you have faith in Soothe (who is still untrustworthy! after all she plays golf with other Pokémon mystery dungeon fanfiction villains and I assume their golf club only allows villains to join!)but even if you believe in her you still just can't keep stuff like that secret, it caused quite a rift between you and Rai and Mane

Speaking of Rai and Mane Arceus those two really need rest after probably looking for Scout all this time while still trying to hold themselves together despite how clear it is they have reached their limit. Let's hope Sean can track Scout down easier with the Silver bow since it originally did belong to him before he gave it to Mane

TRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL(SadRai x 100)

Poor Blossom, wonder where she must be right now after that terrible incident cost Boom and Jet

Nelia needs to die(readies bone) and I'm happy to give her more than brain damage if I get the chance! (bones flares up)

Well this was a dossy of a chapter, I can see Nelia is about to start her murder party(and ho boy it's not a party I'm looking forward to) and I'm pretty sure things are going to get worse before they get better but regardless of that I'm looking forward to the next chapter of sad family life tragedy
ShimmeringSpark chapter 82 . 10/17
Hello!

Wow, do connection orbs really look like half dried Oran berries? The more you know, I suppose.

Wynauts back! And something has gotten very, very fishy. Wynauts acting suspicious, Spinda seems kinda suspicious. I'm guessing that someone's probably become a shadow pokemon, curtsy of Violet, and is now stuck working with Indeedee?

Someone's hiding something, at least.

Once again we see the effects of Indeedee's mental virus. At least the warning about Soothe got through just before, I suppose.

Oof. Poor striker. Those glass shards must really hurt. At least guardian was pulling them out fairly well. Until learning about Scout getting kidnapped, anyways.

Well Guardian's gonna go ballistic when he sees Soothe, isn't he? Oh dear.

Ooh, is striker going to gather some legendaries for help? If so, that'll be pretty cool. Also, they definitely need all the help they can get, since Indeedee is busted.

Hmm, what exactly is Aura? Life force? Will? If it's will, I wonder if Azelf would have a mega strong aura. Aura does tend to be associated with fighting or psychic types, so it seems possible at the very least. Then again I don't think trees have will, so who knows.

Ahh, Maneeee. Coping mechanisms are weird.

[The Great Dusknoir rose up, ready to demand answers and explanations of how they could have let this happen. But he was Guardian, he was still Guardian, and he saw them and knew it was not their fault.] I really like this paragraph, by the way. Brilliant contrast and really shows his character well!

Huh, now I'm stuck wondering what Victini's actual name would be.

Ah. Team Ion hadn't heard about the purification thing yet. Actually, I wonder what Soothe would do if she found out. Would she come and ask them to purify her?

Poor cats are tired. Rest well!

Hmm, so Sean has the silver bow now. Wonder how that'll become relevant...

Once again, Indeedee's acting is truly amazing.

So Trill showed Blossom Indeedee's hideout as an effort to alert them? That was actually a pretty good plan. It would have even worked completely if Blossom just prepared a warp seed instead of a roll call orb.

Aw, that part about Trill caring for Team Voyage last time was actually really sweet!

Huh, I don't actually know the difference between smart and clever. Oops.

Ugh oh. Rip Blackstone village. You will be missed.

As always, great chapter!
Tezral chapter 82 . 10/17
They lost their energy... But they can get to it ! Sanyia may not be here, but she's training ! She'll get the power... And she'll be the key to a lot of current problems.

Wynaut... Poor, poor Wynaut... What they saw... I hope their amnesia is true.

And now the Psychic bomb hit Chimecho... Such pain she must have felt. Being near the evil nurse was not a good idea for Striker at this moment. At least Guardian reacted accordingly. That may also have helped a bit for the news she dropped on them right after.

Going to ask the Legendaries for help... they aren't part of the Network either, so they shouldn't be hit by the malware right ? Being also a problem for a millenia, if think it's a great time to finally step in. She's older than almost the entirety of the pantheon now, so they should do something about that before her sect becomes the only religion remaining.

Aura. It's really aura. Described as many thing, yet still called Aura. Still, more than a presence, less than a specific power. Almost it's own element. Could it be the will of things ? To master one's will, that could be interesting, and a cool explanation as to how Fighting Types has the same resistance than others to moves, and a cool way to describe how they fight better Darkness. Everyone also have their own specific will, yet, in a group, it's still will. Not an ID. I like this explanation, though it may not be that close in this world. But the way you described it, Guardian has a complex will too. Willing to protect, yet he was going to kill for that. That must be why Guardian's Aura so him. I wonder what you think about that, though Aura may just be Aura in the end, but it just makes sense when I think about it like that.

Rhythm back to Treasure Town with Espurr and Marowak... I wonder how will be developped this Alolan thingy too. Maybe they'll find Bidoof's orb on when they get back or something. What will happen to them... And Treasure Town.

Oooh Mane... Just relax, take things easy. Don't forget you can also just lay down and rest. Like, true rest. Not exhausting yourself you rascal. At least now you know... THE PLAN. Please make it so it actually works. Though... It would work in the Initial Clumsy Girl's favor. But... I wonder if purifying Soothe would be easier or harder than another Pokemon. She's human. On one hand, she's made to withstand the Shadow and Hunger. On the other hand, that also means there must be more in her, if we're talking about "true" recipient of Shadow. If I remember correctly, humans don't just keep it in, they also release it slowly right ? While she can't do that right now, they may need to go all out at first, but after that she could help in the process ? If they are able to. Hmmm... Possibilities, possibilities. They should take the other humans to help. They also exist. Maybe Grovile could also go see them, there's no rule against using multiple humans to purify a pokemon right ? And, without doubt, the more human to share the burden, the safer they should be.

The tingle is stronger with the Silver bow... A tingle. What's the tingle... it was the first. So can't be linked to being an Alolan. Or did they have that much contact ? Is it the human part ? He felt it before in the area, with the sun. Could it be... The Hunger ? She found him at first. Could she have that much control over it ? So much that Scout could possibly be Shadow without even knowing himself ? That'd be...

Ooooh Violet. Could she be purified ? With what she endured, and what she is now, it wouldn't even surprise me that she's not even Shadow, and just a mere pet without any will. If my theory from earlier is correct, I wonder how she must look... Would she have nothing ? A bit ? Or a copy of her master's ? Sean won't use this skill again anyway, no need to. Or, well, to verify if she can be purified maybe. I don't think they'll be able to regardless.

Ooooh Trill... I wonder if you still sing ? You are fighting her hold, well, in your own way. Tactician, I wonder how much he knows now, maybe nothing specifically dangerous on our favorite Initial Clumsy Girl, she knows better, but maybe on how to incite the will to fight to Shadowed ? That'd be interesting... If he's allowed to live long enough.

Reverse mode... I wonder if she could control it a bit and make it Hyper instead ? At least she'd be slightly stronger with it. Hmmm...

Be brave Blossom. You survived so much. You are able of so much.

You have to.

Well. What a chapter. More and more pieces advance on the board. Soon, it'll be time. She will fall again, what they need to be careful of is how many will she take when this happen. I'm looking forward the next chapter Have a great day !
TheChargingRhino chapter 82 . 10/17
New chapter yay
ShimmeringSpark chapter 81 . 10/13
Hello! Apologies for the late review, i had some exams to finish.

Nooo Violet. Indeedee is incredibly evil, huh? Wonder if she was always that ill-intentioned since the very beginning with Violet...

What was going on there, anyways? What even is Violet's ghostness?

Ahh, the golden treasure song again. Which is called 'The Fire', apparently. Fitting considering all the fires that have been going on lately. PyroManeiacs galore.

Also dimensional screams are so incredibly useful! They let your know what happened there while simultaneously giving your no clue what was going on.

Rai is angry. That makes sense, I mean I think anyone would be really angry there, after all.

Him learning electric terrain just there seems really ironic, considering they just lost Scout because of a slumber orb putting them to sleep.

Mane's...not reacting? Huh. Not sure what's going on. A talk between Mane and Rai'd probably coming in a coming chapter.

Ah, Rhythm. So trusting and yet so unexpectedly perceptive. He could tell that Soothe was really just warning him with the letter.

Still though, that one lesson Scout learnt not to keep hiding things? Rhythm seems to unfortunately neglect this here. Honestly, no matter the situation open communication should always just take place.

Like just tell them, and maybe try to capture Soothe and interrogate her or something, instead of just playing directly into her hand.

Geez, Indeedee's mental virus is op. Pls nerf.

'Goodbyes were hard, so she refused to do it'. I honestly just love this line so much.

Saniya meets Celebi. Wonder what this Celebi's name is. Regardless, a simply amazing scene. Insanity and insanity meet!

Sean's... dimensional scream dream vision thing. I notice you unitalicised all the names there, seemingly. (And Her, probably meaning Indeedee). And Victory. I wonder if Victory here refers to Soothe, possibly? Soothe did call herself victory in those letters, after all. Eh, I'm probably looking into this too deep though, who knows.

Ahhhh Timberrrrr. Poor guy. Really makes ya feel bad for him.

Huh, so the connection orb. I believe that one has Indeedee's contact? Wonder where that'll go.

Woohoo! Scout and Soothe are bonding just wonderfully! I'm sure this will be the start of a very close and happy friendship!

I find it odd that Soothe decided passing Trill to Indeedee was the best choice. Could they not have just locked him in a cage for awhile? That would've allowed them to potentially purfiy him eventually, instead of giving Indeedee an extra trump card. Then again, I don't think Soothe knows about the purification yet?

Great chapter!
TheChargingRhino chapter 81 . 10/2
Well stuff happened in this chapter
Setech chapter 81 . 10/2
I had a hard time believing that Violet was evil considering that she was (despite being MANY years older than she appeared) still a child in spirit and mind but now we know why she's at Nelia's side and BOYYYY Nelia is honest to god cruel to her, she didn't NEED Violet (from my understanding at least) but she went out of her way to go and force this ghost girl who was pleading to her to stop into her puppet (begins making a PowerPoint on why Nelia needs to die)

Well this is giving me flashbacks to when Rai confronted Scout(Sean at the time) about how he was lying to his face about everything and now it's happened again with someone he has(or maybe had now?) great trust and admiration for and resulted in him once again losing Scout, the worst kind of deja vu

"Were the happy family times…over?" my own words have been used against me and I feel many different things crushing onto such as the sadness that the happy times are in fact over until Nelia(must die) has been dealt with and we can finally have our happy ending... We... We will have a happy ending... t? (ScaredScout)

Meanwhile in all this Saniya is having an crazy off with her past self/I guess brother sorta technically maybe yeah/great enemy... Well at least someone is having a small semblance of a fun time

Poor Timber, he's still hurting greatly after Soothe did what she did, at least he's got Sean there to be his buddy in these tough times (also them giving each other their name after Sean explained why he got a dimensional scream was very sweet), while I hope that he will have happy ending and make it through this I don't think he's going to get off scoot free after doing what he's been doing (giving away important guild information which was most likely confidential is a big nono even if you trusted her Timber)

"ohhh boy Soothe is a party member again, oh well might as well check her stats and see if she's improved since the bonus chapter, still don't trust nor want to test her tho."(later after checking)"... Mayyyyyyyybe it wouldn't hurt to take her on a liiiiiiiiiittle test drive"
In all seriousness I'm excited to get to know the REAL Soothe now that in terms of her personality she has no need to hide anything anymore and I can imagine Scout will be not be having a good time (or maybe he will, who knows)

Ahhh Victory Fire how I miss you, sad that you had to leave us(wonder if Soothe knows it got discontinued)

You know something just hit me, how did Soothe manage to not be erased when the future was changed? Did we ever get an answer to that?

Well things are progressing in an not so good way and I don't think it's going to get better from here but let's hope, regardless I am excited for the next chapter of sad family life tragedy
TrueBolt chapter 32 . 9/29
Dam. I do believe this is the first PMD fic I've actually liked enough to keep reading. Idk what it is about PMD fics specifically, but I tend to have a hard time getting into them, even when they're very well written. This one though, I intend to finish.

Also, I usually reserve reviews for when I'm finished with a story, or at least caught up to the most recent chapter. However, I'm breaking that trend a third of the way into this at the end of arc 1 to answer your first question in the authors notes. The plot twists. I honestly think the reason I kept reading was because I shared Sean's (Scout's?) mindset of "I feel like I know how this should be going, but it's not going how it should be going and I don't know how this will change things." Dusknoir and the Relic Fragment REALLY threw me for a loop. XD There were moments of emotion; humor, sadness, heroic pride... But the foundation of the story is what ultimately kept me going.

As for the second question? I dunno... Sat here for like 10 minutes trying to think of anything I disliked, or even didn't like as much as everything else, but I can't think of anything particular. Maybe my brain is just suppressing memories lol

Aaaand a question... That's a tough one as well. Anything I can think to ask may be answered in the next 50ish chapters already. I guess I'll go with names. So Pokemon have names, but they're kept sacred and only shared with close friends and mates. But it seems like the Pokemon from the dark future didn't have names to start with since Sean gave them their names. At what point did Pokemon stop giving names to their children or themselves?

Anyway, I may review again at the end of the next arc,or it may be when I finally catch up to the newest chapter. Thank you for a good read. 3

TrueBolt
Setech chapter 80 . 9/24
Boy lot's of things and revelations happened this chapter

Poor Timber, he's imprisoned for unknowingly helping and telling confidential guild information to an outsider who's also our very own shadowy Soothe, he's probably feeling awful about everything

I wonder why Saniya needs to get to the other Celebi? probably something important

Ahhh so Clefable was a shadow Pokémon herself and she has killed her own inmates to feed the hunger, I wonder if she kept herself under control with that method or if she was only doing it because SHE made her do it

So shadow Pokémon are able to born from another shadow Pokémon?... God Mane is VERY fortunate he wasn't born a shadow Pokémon like his brother

Too bad the Marowak and his TOTALLY and ABSOLUTELY evil Espurr friend couldn't follow team Ion but it is understandable, after all temporary party members was obviously their role and they only had team abilities with each other and not with team Ion so them staying was not happening. Let's just hope they can survive the absolute chaos that is soon to start

Rhyyyyyyyyyyythim what have we learned from Scout? (deep breath) DON'T KEEP VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION SECRET FROM TEAMMATES AND FRIENDLY FRIENDS, (ahem) sorry for my loudness but what Rhythm did is was dangerous since we still aren't sure if we can trust Soothe

Scout has Soothe's memories... SCOUT HAS SOOTHE'S MEMORIES OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMNMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO(planet explodes)

Someone aka The Shadow aka SHE put Soothe's memories in him... (ahem) I CALLED IT(or at least something along these lines) I CALLED IT SOOOOOOO HAARDDDDDDDDDDD SOMEONE IS ABOUT TO CALL ME AND SCREAM ABOUT HOW I CALLED IT
OK but serious I had an idea it had to be something like this, reincarnation was also a possibility to me but it really was too loose of a possibility so someone giving Scout those memories is what made the most sense although the memories belonging to Soothe ones? Now THAT was a big twist and really creates more questions surrounding her that I'm sure we'll get answers for... Right?

Alright let's talk about HER our Indeedee villain, it MAKES sense why she's the big villain after thinking about it since there is a lot that subtly foreshadowed it although it doesn't really hit as big as the Soothe twist, I think it's because I personally never did have a big attachment to Indeedee as a character and didn't think much of her or believe she was going to be important to the plot in the way she is. I do have faith that we'll get more development for Indeedee now that we know her true nature but right now I don't think much off her other than" she's the big bad that needs to die"

Honestly I tried to change the chatot voice that I had in my head for Trill here in these chapters because I was actually unwilling to face the possibility that it was him and tried to push the idea that it was a totally different Chatot' although now it's undeniable and I can only hope we can save him from being a possible unwilling villain doing Indeedee's bidding

Ohhh god Jet and Boom are "dead", that's not going to be fun for Blossom later when they come back

I wonder, if Indeedee is killed will that free all shadow Pokémon from her hold since it does seem like she can control their hunger and force them to do what she wants them to, I'm not sure if killing her will get rid of the shadow condition but maybe once she's dead all shadow Pokémon can become more manageable and possibly able to control their hunger if they go and fight in dungeons? It's just a theory but if I'm right maybe the shadow Pokémon who kept their sanity can return to sorta ish normal lives?

So that Luxray is Rai's dad? I thought he had died... Unless he's a shadow Pokémon himself but it doesn't SEEM like it but I don't know why I think that

Speaking of Rai's family WHERE is his sister Ara in all this, we haven't seen her in a while and I'm sure once things start heating up she's gotta be worried about him

This chapter was BIG and great and makes me excited for the next chapter of what I sadly must unfortunately call family life trauma and despair now since nothing is really happy anymore and there is no point latching on to a false happiness
Earthpatriot117 chapter 32 . 9/22
Whelp I just finished the first arc and WOW what a doozy. Xd
I enjoyed every minute of this and look forward to reading the rest, thou I will be taking a break before doing that, it was a long read after
After finding this story I wanted to know what sean-scout was talking about when thinking of future events. So I decided to play the game...then found out how expensive it is, so instead I watched a playthrough of the main story leading up to the protagonist reunion with thier teammate. Heart warming moment that was, made me cry a little. Xd
Then I watched grovyle and dusknoirs story, got teared up to, especially seeing dusknoir and grovyle and celebi's final moments, then being saved! Xd
Chatots death was...unexpected, to say the least, but I wont deny how...I cant even think of the word for it but it was good, if sad.
Besides that I never watched any more of the postgame, should I? If I remember darkrai makes a scene? Theres also shaymin and of course our main characters evolutions. Xd
The only, complaint? I have is with grovyle and the others return. Don't get me wrong! I love the idea of them returning to the present, it's just why do they forget about the future? Isn't being in that future is what shaped them into the person they are today?
In the games the future world was saved and time continuing once more, leaving grovyle, dusknoir, and celebi to begin a new future for themselves and the pokemon remaining in the world, a beautiful ending for sure. As I said I like them coming back to the present but what about the others still in the future? Didn't grovyle during the games at one point say there were some other good pokemon that helped them? Like the sableeyes who believed in dusknoir, then theres Danny. lol.
What I'm saying is it's kinda sad to think about them ceasing to exist and being forgotten.
Other then that I enjoyed every bit of this story and look forward to reading the rest! Right after I take a break. Lol
That CLIFFHANGER with scout being invisible didn't help either. Xp
Earthpatriot117 chapter 29 . 9/22
...I, dont know what to say. Chatot...please let there be a way to save him.
BrickBoi chapter 80 . 9/20
YOU CAN'T JUST KILL CHARACTERS AT THE EXACT MOMENT THINGS START GOING DOWN TO SHIT!
DD: BOOM NOOOOO!(And Corphish ig)
Gfish59 chapter 80 . 9/19
I’m just glad that the pace is finally picking up. Because honestly? The constant POV flipping for the past several chapters has completely blended all of the non-guild characters up for me even though I love this story and try to keep track of stuff, so I had basically no reaction to the main villian reveal other than “Who?” I’m just hoping that with this much action in just one chapter that it means the climax is coming up. I just want to go back to our cute kitty dates!
Earthpatriot117 chapter 14 . 9/18