Reviews for The Long Game
Denisore chapter 41 . 1/17
Love that story so far! Really looking for more!
Thanks for sharing !
Denisore chapter 20 . 1/13
Just wow! That background story is excellent ! Nice use of Suitopia, never read something like this before!
Denisore chapter 19 . 1/13
I had to Google it... I just had to...
Silver fox rabbit...
I don't know where or how you found that, but it made my day xD
RavenSpellsoer chapter 41 . 12/10/2020
Hey love the story but I was curious why you haven't done much with Senior Constable Bechtail's, not that I like her but ask her her little ride along with judy then Mick horn she just disappears you had her put down that she was going to be there for a while but she doesn't last more than two chapters before she is completely gone, I was wondering if you were going to do anything special with her now that you are going to go over everything, I mean I would think the BOGO would have something to say to her for her basically belittling and insulting his officers especially threatening them, because no matter which way you put it that was a clear threat to Nick add anything what puts a sergeant who was in the Marines to call for a sick day because he had a mental breakdown, yeah she definitely needs to be reined in or punished she might be part of a Exchange program but if you didn't learn the etiquette that she was supposed to be doing here then she's literally walking on landline that would almost guarantee her career ending by the chief precinct 1.
J Shute chapter 41 . 12/2/2020
Woohoo! Upcoming reunion, upcoming reunion!

Nice job and good chapter! It seems the zpd have clocked that something very bad is up.
seakard chapter 41 . 12/1/2020
Meh. Coulda gone another chapter or three before the WildeHopps tonsil hockey tournament begins. Nicly done chapter, tho.
imjustlikehumphery chapter 41 . 12/1/2020
Great chapter mikey, keep it up! Honestly Bogo havin Judy hideout in Bunnyburrow and at her families farm is the smartest idea right now especially if The Mule finds out Judy's still alive. Even he's not that crazy to go to Bunnyburrow given he'd stick out like a sore thumb for lack of a better term. This will give Nick and Judy some time together given it's been a bit since they have seen each other mammal to mammal. It's pretty obvious that Judy loves Nick and I have a feelin that it won't take Bonnie too long to learn that Nick's girl is her headstrong daughter. Can't wait to see how Nick reacts to what Judy's been goin through!
Guest chapter 41 . 12/1/2020
Fatherly Koslov.
myklandrei501 chapter 41 . 12/1/2020
it is so good and I can't stop myself from laughing at the friendly banter. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from the Philippines. fun fact in the Philippines we celebrate Christmas from the 1st day of September until the 1st week of January
Cody Furlong chapter 41 . 12/1/2020
Next chapter is gonna be good, Nick is going to be in for a big surprise.
The Emerald Commander chapter 41 . 12/1/2020
Nice story!
When I ready the summary and premise I sincerely didn't have high expectations. I genuinely don't enjoy drama and romantic stuff... and yet, after the first chapter, I was hooked. I can't explain it. Perhaps it was the dialogue, or the way I found the plot tightly knit to push one scene after the other. Regardless the reason, I can't believe I read all 41 chapters.
I never thought I would be intrigued or interested in original characters, but you did an excellent job expanding the world and characters from the movie. I sincerely believe you manage a good balance of fast-paced dialogue and description allowing for a rather smooth journey across the story. Judy and Nick's experiences were surprisingly believable and, while a bit dramatic, definitely worth every sentence.
This isn't criticism, and merely my opinion, but I found the issues of discrimination and speciesism a bit too on the nose at times. I probably just read blatant hatred or bigotry a tad too many times and that has gotten old for me. In that regard, I found the way you handled Stu strange. I kind of expected him to be the more unconscious speciests, like he tends to prefer rabbits than others without much thought or that he really doesn't understand his own biases, actually believing he doesn't really discriminate. For example, he might openly be friendly with a fox, but unconsciously keep a hand on his wallet and an eye on the fox's hand without realizing what he is doing. I think you were headed that way at first (with him agreeing to host Nick and having had a dressing down by his family), but then he was a bit too blunt about not liking Nick - like how he didn't tell anyone about Nick until it was too late and the sort.
I hope you tackle "positive" discrimination and forced quotas (outside Judy), something few stories ever touch on. Other than that, I feel like the plot is going too slowly but that is my impatience talking. I must be really eager to see Judy and Nick finally get together and take down some baddies.
In any case, the story is great. Thus, please, keep up the good work!
Blkdragon7 chapter 41 . 12/1/2020
Hahahahaha! Loved this. I see Nick forgetting himself and kissing her in front of Bonnie when they show up, not that I don't think she already suspects. Gods, I can only imagine the terror Pawson would undergo if they let Judy drive.
Blkdragon7 chapter 41 . 12/1/2020
Hahahaha! Bogo, that's cheating. That's insider info! If it were stock trading, it'd be illegal. Bwahahahahaha!
CameraSkunk chapter 41 . 12/1/2020
Mikey, well done. I was looking forward to this chapter so getting to read it was a real treat.

If you want some references for those "items" Bogo likely pulled out of his bag given the mammal size:

For the Bears the traditional for them would be either AK47 (Russian Afterall) or perhaps Uzi as they have an intimidation factor. Side arms would perhaps be the heavy but reliable 1911.

Shotgun: Likely a 10 guage and probably semi automatic (they do come in the traditional pump action as well)
Rifle: Seems like you might have been going for something in the M4 variant which would allow for that full auto or select fire 3 round burst (3 round turned out to be preferred for accuracy and magazine use so as not to run out of amo quick. As I understand it, and I'm no expert on this one, many still keep it in the semi auto selection which is one squeeze one shot). Though if you are looking for heavy but still use magazines M249 (which can also be belt fed). Otherwise you are stepping up into exclusively belt fed rifles which have that traditional "machine gun" look.
Pistol: I'd actually picture this with one of two options myself given Bogo's size. In the semi auto variant you have the Dessert Eagle in the revolver variant you have the S&W 500. Now I've not shot a Dessert Eagle, but I do have a SW500 and that thing is for when you need to shoot the robber in your neighbors apartment through both your fridge and theirs, and after that the gun is so heavy you can use it as a hammer if need be.

I'm an imagery person and like to picture in my head what is going on. Figured I'd share in case it is of any help.

Great signoff for the end of the chapter btw. Starship Troopers?
J Shute chapter 40 . 11/19/2020
Ooooh! Very interesting.

First off, my first though immediately went to Mithril and its fun that you made that reference. At the same time though, the whole super vest thing feels very deus ex machina. I don't think it was ever introduced, and if it was I forgot, and so it feels like a very cheap get out of jail free card. (And tbf, this fic has had lots of get out of jail free cards in the past, which were wearing thin, though at least all of them were set up before paw).

Still, it's great that they know this goes deep. I also really love the character set up for the mule. Hoho, killing the Chief's best bud AND Grandmama. That stubborn one better be able to live up to his reputation.

Good chapter!