Reviews for Machinations of the Gods
Ghost Man chapter 38 . 8/31
I guess it is interesting to see how Earthlings would view those from outer space who have little regard for Earth.

Wow...all that noise to get in and someone wasn't present.

I figured Washu was framed. Makes too much sense. Calling it now...Clay.

Okay I can ship those two...I'll allow it. Washu needs some TLC and Mark needs some perspective.
Ghost Man chapter 37 . 8/31
Again with William Mark...interesting.

Hmm...Tenchi Universe lore? So that must be Washu.

Ayeka enters the scene. Interesting differences noted.

Poor Ryouko. She didn't deserve the outburst.
And here comes the catfight. Hehehe.

Another day at the Masaki household...amiright lads!?
JawsOnYou67 chapter 38 . 7/25
Gods I can’t wait for Raynor. Like as much as I like Tenchi, Raynor deserves that harem over him after all the shit he’s had to go through.

Seriously the dude deserves so much love. So what I am also picking up is that Code Geass and Doom are both crossovers in this? Does that mean that the events of the game will occur?

James Raynor and Doom Slayer, kicking ass?
Consort chapter 38 . 7/24
Thank goodness for Washu. Pretty much the only one holding up the reputation of Jurai right now... Though the fact she got arrested at all seems to indicate we've got an underlying problem, Nessie isn't stupid about this sort of thing and she was an absolutely invaluable genius scientist with a functional moral compass to boot.

I feel like she and Mark might end up as accomplices for a bit. He's got the initiative to say that Washu just completely upended the priorities of the situation, so learning about her is now one of his top goals. Likewise, Washu has a pretty good read on his abilities and almost certainly is willing to trust a trained agent who needs information from her more than Ryoko right now.

Oh yeah, and... Is Daisy actually a spaceship? Really hope she wasn't listening in on that phonecall if so...
Waiting on punch chapter 38 . 7/23
Come on, let's hurry up to the Xeno Purges...
Amatsumi chapter 38 . 7/22
Ello Washu!

What Mark works for is irrelevant than the contrast within the tone genre as a Sane Man in a Harem Comedy.
inphernalmenace chapter 38 . 7/22
Mark finally ran into someone with a brain and was exposed immediately. Washu probably won't make a big deal about him being a spy yet though. With the mess the Juraians got up to, it would be irresponsible for Earth not to have someone keeping an eye on them.
inphernalmenace chapter 37 . 7/17
Mark is doing some heavy thinking here. His lamenting of mortality may be somewhat out of character for his persona. I wonder if Tenchi will get mad at mark for causing Ryoko distress by talking about death
Consort chapter 37 . 7/16
'Doran'.

Hmm. I suddenly get the feeling that Earth might get granted some third-party support in their space race... That, and that we're about to get played for fools for quite the long stretch of history. That name is close enough that I struggle to write it off as a coincidence.

Ah, poor Mark... Having to struggle with learning that you're not as great as you thought is pretty rough even if it's just a hard loss at sports. On a cosmic scale? When he learns that it's not a case of 'Ryoko was born with every gift under the sun whilst humanity has to work for them', but instead a case of 'Humans are just really kind of underwhelming compared to Juraians/Protoss'... Yeah, uh... Here's hoping he doesn't develop any drinking problems from that one.
Stoneificaunt chapter 37 . 7/15
Is he a certain slayer
Ghost Man chapter 36 . 7/15
I know! I'm feeling tonal whiplash!

"I have survived your predecessors, and I will survive you."
Pretty much this.
Ghost Man chapter 35 . 7/15
Hah! If you think it is overpopulated now!?

Wait...wait what?
Star Ocean Ref?

Did we just have the craziest time skip ever?

Wow...the xenophobia makes me ill...Mark is weird.

Why do I feel like we've just gone to the Twilight Zone?

...not gonna lie. Mark makes more sense with her interactions with Kiyone.

I...really don't know what I've gotten into.
Ghost Man chapter 34 . 7/10
Why upset, Naja? I mean...it worked.

*sighs* So...is this Azaka the Grey or Azaka the White?

Well played Fenix. That might even one up you in the eyes of the Juraians...or not.

I wonder how Tsunami feels about the powers being used as they are?
Ghost Man chapter 33 . 7/10
You go to sleep in the med bay...and hell's portals open up. Sheesh.

Fenix is a guy who knows what he likes. I respect that.

Interesting...but did creation not bring forward both light and dark?

Of course...Power breeds...misconceptions
General Shepard chapter 36 . 7/6
Juraians may have the advantage for now, but he Stars are humanity's for the taking. All they will be left with are their tombs.