Reviews for Machinations of the Gods
James Birdsong chapter 41 . 12/17/2020
Good six chapters
Ghost Man chapter 41 . 12/7/2020
Mark ain't stupid. I kinda hated him at first, but he grows on me, honestly.

Funny thing, Mark. While the goddesses are looking for someone of power, they're curious if they can make someone above them.

Mark is totally playing politics in a way I can get behind.

Plot twist! Mark becomes the ubermenche!

Looking forward to the next one!
inphernalmenace chapter 41 . 12/6/2020
So Mark has completely shed his persona, yet it would seem that there is no suspicion being placed on him at all. In fact, you now Ryoka and Kiyone falling in love with Mark now for some reason. It really is somewhat bizarre that neither are concerned that Mark was lying. Could it really be that no one cares.
Ghost Man chapter 40 . 11/12/2020
Poor Washu.

Of course Yosho knows. He's older not dead.

We're insane? Well I guess in a manner of speaking...

Involving the government? Well better than not being slaves to an empire.

Things have gotten very interesting.
Ghost Man chapter 39 . 11/12/2020
Superiority doesn't exist...not in the way you imagine. It's more subjective.

Damn is this world really so bad off?
I mean I see the correlation so...yeah...I may not hate Mark as much as I thought.

And now the entry of the Protoss.
Credit where it's due...Marks' freakin' genius. I ship with Washu.
I guess when you're dealing with space warfare, the rules of "Victory" are indeed different. I'm starting to like Mark a bit more.

*claps* Well freakin' played. Well very freakin' played.
inphernalmenace chapter 40 . 11/11/2020
It seems that the playful antics are over and things have become serious. Luckily, we now have smart people like Washu around who have eyes and can see with them. If the airheads had been the only ones around then they would have been completely unable to deal with this. I suppose this marks a shift in the tone of the story.
inphernalmenace chapter 39 . 11/6/2020
Mark really has no shits left to give now. he has 1005 started showing his true colors and it somehow didn't lead to him dying.
Consort chapter 39 . 11/6/2020
Holy crap, Mark. That is some serious cynicism, to say the least... Even if his logic is perhaps more defeatist than the real world truly is, he has used the key element of effective presentation- within every statement is the truth. Only the presentation of said truth is used to his ends, and that gives his words infinitely more power than plausible fabrications.

Although I have to say that the prospect of him and Alarak working together as allies for a short while in the future is actually pretty intruguing, since they actually seem to resonate with one another somewhat. Mark's approach to brutality is the sort that a normal human government might be well-equipped to try a reversal on since they're used to the tactics and can use counter-propaganda, but the Jurai government? They'd get completely hammered by those ruthless tactics, not only because they're focused on exploiting their weaknesses but also because the Jurai government has no experience dealing with tactics of this sort.

Perhaps Jurai might be able to adapt to it with time, and handle it a lot better in a rematch, but at least the first time? It wouldn't go well.

Oh yeah, and Daisy is a really important part of Mark's character, just because it shows he's still capable of care and empathy. Even if she doesn't actually do anything, her presence does a lot to alter his dynamic from someone who'd seem like a broken madman to the bitter cynic who's lost his faith in life even if he still has enough good in him to seem human.
Ghost Man chapter 38 . 8/31/2020
I guess it is interesting to see how Earthlings would view those from outer space who have little regard for Earth.

Wow...all that noise to get in and someone wasn't present.

I figured Washu was framed. Makes too much sense. Calling it now...Clay.

Okay I can ship those two...I'll allow it. Washu needs some TLC and Mark needs some perspective.
Ghost Man chapter 37 . 8/31/2020
Again with William Mark...interesting.

Hmm...Tenchi Universe lore? So that must be Washu.

Ayeka enters the scene. Interesting differences noted.

Poor Ryouko. She didn't deserve the outburst.
And here comes the catfight. Hehehe.

Another day at the Masaki household...amiright lads!?
JawsOnYou67 chapter 38 . 7/25/2020
Gods I can’t wait for Raynor. Like as much as I like Tenchi, Raynor deserves that harem over him after all the shit he’s had to go through.

Seriously the dude deserves so much love. So what I am also picking up is that Code Geass and Doom are both crossovers in this? Does that mean that the events of the game will occur?

James Raynor and Doom Slayer, kicking ass?
Consort chapter 38 . 7/24/2020
Thank goodness for Washu. Pretty much the only one holding up the reputation of Jurai right now... Though the fact she got arrested at all seems to indicate we've got an underlying problem, Nessie isn't stupid about this sort of thing and she was an absolutely invaluable genius scientist with a functional moral compass to boot.

I feel like she and Mark might end up as accomplices for a bit. He's got the initiative to say that Washu just completely upended the priorities of the situation, so learning about her is now one of his top goals. Likewise, Washu has a pretty good read on his abilities and almost certainly is willing to trust a trained agent who needs information from her more than Ryoko right now.

Oh yeah, and... Is Daisy actually a spaceship? Really hope she wasn't listening in on that phonecall if so...
Waiting on punch chapter 38 . 7/23/2020
Come on, let's hurry up to the Xeno Purges...
Amatsumi chapter 38 . 7/22/2020
Ello Washu!

What Mark works for is irrelevant than the contrast within the tone genre as a Sane Man in a Harem Comedy.
inphernalmenace chapter 38 . 7/22/2020
Mark finally ran into someone with a brain and was exposed immediately. Washu probably won't make a big deal about him being a spy yet though. With the mess the Juraians got up to, it would be irresponsible for Earth not to have someone keeping an eye on them.