Reviews for Awakened Swarm
Pls if you have any plans don't continue this story. Humanity sides with turians just to fight an unknown species just because the turians say that they are evil is one of the most ridiculous intros that I have ever read. This is just stupid
Mercenary9814 chapter 1 . 6/21
Wait what? So let me get this straight. GENERAL Williams took the words of the alien species as truth. An alien species that all of a sudden attacked the colony he was on for no other reason than they violated a law they didn't even know existed. And now this completely unrelated but as alien if not more so fleet comes in and start destroying the fleet that was attacking them and he judges them as MORE of a threat based on the words of the arrogant alien who basically said "Cause fuck you for not knowing a law you don't know existed". So imagine this: You and your friend look both ways before crossing the street, common sense, right?. When you two reach the other side you are suddenly ganged up on and suddenly beat up by this group of random people who said that by looking right you bring bad luck because that one guy got zapped by lightning that one time when he did. And all of a sudden another random group of people come in and start attacking the group that quite frankly whomped you and your friends butt. All of a sudden the leader of the group that jumped you says this "Those guys are dangerous. Help us. It's your fault we attacked you anyway, so we're not at fault". What would your reaction be? Your friend would nod and say "I believe you". That friend's name is William. A person that I would immediately cut my friendship with and give a swift and sturdy kick to the family jewels. My reaction? I would look at his nonchalant face and try my damndest to claw and bite his face off and try to stab with anything I had at the time I.E Pencil, Key, heck even a bottle or curled up newspaper. Consequences be damned. I'm taking my chances with the random group. 50/50 They're worse or better but one thing is for sure. That's way more sure I am than the group at already attacked me for something I didn't even know.
theoneviper chapter 1 . 4/11
Wait what, why the hell would the general immediately side with the turians who have been killing his people. Williams took the turians word as gospel, that makes absolutely no sense. it's like a Nazi General telling a British soldier that the Soviets are invading and they are evil so the British and the Nazis team up to fight them.
Aelyx chapter 1 . 3/28
I was wondering if possibly you'd consider an AU where the humans were found by an exploration fleet as they are holding off the Rachni on Shanxi which would be more of a fortress world due to early exposure to the Rachni. Doesn't have to have the same tech either, a CNC\ME crossover with Kane disappearing through his "ascension". I think if GDI became the Alliance and used stuff like former Nod handheld lasers and whatnot that would be hilarious.
Wanderer101 chapter 1 . 3/5
IMO the Rachni most likely wouldn't attack humanity. If anything they'd rush in and save them seeing an opportunity to gain an ally in their crusade against 'the evil Council'.

The Rachni's quarrel is with the Council species. They have no reason to attack the humans.
magnusvictor chapter 1 . 1/13
Eh, I can't see the Shanxi defenders feeling threatened enough by the Rachni to even consider negotiating with the Turians. At least thus far, the bugs haven't actually done anything hostile (to humanity), compared to the Hierarchy.

Also, the Rachni queen in Canon is perfectly friendly (if spared, of course) to people of the same species who were just torturing her & her children on Noveria, so it would be quite a jump in characterization for the Rachni to be hostile to humanity here, without provocation.

Honestly, the most believable story idea (as mentioned in the chapter notes) is the 'Rachni show up to fight the Turians, but are wary at most towards the humans.' That would also be a more interesting plot, IMO.
Pteaset chapter 2 . 1/13
This was a wonderful story I like the direction you took it I also think it would’ve been very cool had they have been allies the humans in the Brackney I hope one day you do more thank you
Pteaset chapter 1 . 1/13
OK this story is great I really hope you continue it all the way through the trilogy
KyliaQuilor chapter 1 . 1/13
I was expecting this to go with human Rachni-alliance. Intriguing notions.
Blackberry Avar chapter 1 . 1/12
Only a one shot! Damn, this has so much potential.
Kraizy chapter 1 . 1/11
I find it odd that the humans would just accept what the turian was saying and suddenly join forces with an enemy to attack the rachni who haven't done anything to them yet.
DraconeKing chapter 1 . 1/9
An interesting start, and I look forward to more! Any chance of a human / Rachni alliance?
Rakizael chapter 1 . 1/9
I'd definitely love to read an Alliance/Rachni overthrow of the Citadel races.
miner249er chapter 1 . 1/9
this great, the Rachni queen was the best part
davycrockett100 chapter 1 . 1/9