Reviews for Break
Missysue32 chapter 21 . 1/28
Absolutely Amazing!
mslezalie chapter 21 . 9/18/2023
Really great story. At times pacing felt a bit slow but overall happy with what you've created. Thank you for sharing.
Marymary123 chapter 21 . 7/8/2023
Sweet story ruff start
Guest chapter 21 . 2/14/2023
i've been thinking about this Edward since the pandemic... still a good read from beginning to end
QueenGB chapter 1 . 12/31/2022
This story feels like he best way to close out the year. Have an amazing New Year filled with abundance , love, good health, happiness and loads of creativityD
grisfig chapter 21 . 7/27/2022
I just love your stories.
Paradizei chapter 14 . 7/4/2022
this is so beautifully written! you are really talented
dazzled eyes22 chapter 21 . 5/17/2022
This was a fitting end to Bella’s story. I love how she reflected on her journey and life lessons learned while getting ready for her and Edward’s meeting with Alice and Jasper.

Jasper’s actions at the anniversary party should have made Alice see that he was never going to love her like she wanted. He knew Bella has moved on, but it didn’t stop him from following her every action. I’m curious what caused Edward to speak up and set him straight about where his focus should have been. Jasper seemed to have motivated that reaction. I’m glad Bella was supportive and didn’t chastise Edward for protecting his family.

I loved how Edward and Bella against all obstacles have welcomed Jay into their family and were motivated to make his life better. I can see how Alice would fight them, especially Bella, on taking her son with their little family to London for a year, but it was the right thing to do. His parents haven’t made him a priority, and Jasper’s absence here says so much. Hopefully, Alice will now take this time to reassess her relationship with Jasper and come for Christmas ready to put their son first.

Thank you for sharing this story. Though it stumbled at times, I thought it was a truly compelling journey and a page turner with some realistic character growth. I also loved the unconventional characterization and pairings. I’m looking forward to Edward’s POV and what we hadn’t seen.
dazzled eyes22 chapter 20 . 5/15/2022
Yay! Edward is awake and feeling better. I like that he was able to celebrate the baby news with Bella and that she was able to reassure him that both of them and her career would be okay. It was also great to see how this blessing reshuffled their priorities and perspective on past events.

Aww! The baby shower brought Bella and Edward’s new little family together. I’m glad Emmett found happiness with Mack, and we got to see that Rose and Vera had a girl. Dr. Gerandy’s presence was felt as her comment became the running joke amongst the group.

Alice just had to steal the focus on Bella and Edward’s day by dropping off JJ. Carlisle really needs to establish some boundaries with her. I’m glad Bella saw past the guys’ concern and rose to the occasion to welcome little JJ to the party. The little boy is so adorable and he’s the one who deserves a break.
dazzled eyes22 chapter 19 . 5/14/2022
I loved how Charlie and Edward bonded over how to deal with Jasper’s recent visit, but roughing him up didn’t stop him before. Hopefully, Bella got through to him and he finally accepts that he has no chance with her.

I became excited as the signs of Bella’s condition added up. She was in such denial. I’m glad the poor doctor got her to take that test.

I loved how Bella receives that call from Emmett about Edward and doesn’t think twice about boarding the next flight to get to him. She’s not even thinking about walking into the lions’ den with his family. Of course, Alice had to test that. Bella reacted to the spoiled brat and her tantrum like a boss. That last little speech before turning to Edward’s parents was AWESOME. Loved it. Bowed to it. Re-read it several times.

It did make sense for Bella not to risk going into Edward’s room after speaking to Carlisle. The surprise alternative worked perfectly and allowed her to safely be there to rouse him with the great news. Very fitting for Alice to witness that.

I want to hug Emmett for being the perfect friend/spiritual brother and getting Bella through the hurdles and past the dragon lady to deliver her to Edward. Love him so much.
dazzled eyes22 chapter 18 . 5/10/2022
Bella and Edward were so adorable in their playful afterglow from their passionate night together. Ah, so Bella is a kicker and a cover hog. LOL. It was sweet when they admitted to dreaming about each other.

Bella really worried Edward when she recalled how she “ran into” Carlisle, but I’m glad she cleared that up and told him what happened. He needed to know what his father said about her and she needed to know how he protected her yet again from his family and Jasper.

Edward has always been supportive of her writing, so it was no surprise to see him encourage to go on this book tour. I like that she’s going to ask her dad to go with her. Edward is going to be busy anyway with this new booster. I’m glad they plan to see each other at Christmas.

Oh boy! Jasper just had to follow Bella to Forks after hearing she was in town. She should have called the police, but I’m glad she got some closure. Jasper didn’t expect this confident and happy Bella to call him on his crap. I feel sorry for his son. He should take half this energy and put it into being a good father to his son. Well, he got an earful and shown the door. I love how Bella told him what happened to his jersey. Thanks for another great chapter.
dazzled eyes22 chapter 17 . 5/8/2022
This chapter was lovely. All their cares and concerns were pushed aside, so they could just enjoy being with each other. It’s sad that Bella is just resigned to the fact that she can’t get pregnant when Rose made it clear that it was possible.

Quite funny bit of humor with Edward figuring out who Mack was.
dazzled eyes22 chapter 16 . 5/8/2022
I feel for Edward here. He was trying so hard to keep his feelings in check and focus on her injury instead.

Yay! Bella finally knows how she broke Edward’s nose and that he focused on her well being over getting his nose set. Alice deserves some serious payback for playing the victim and taking medical priority from others for her and her unborn child when she wasn’t even touched.

I loved when Bella admitted that she cared for him back then but really wasn’t ready to deal with him or those feelings. It made sense for her writing to help her get to that epiphany. This just felt so true to this character’s journey. I just wished that she didn’t need to date another man while she figured that out.

I’m happy she told Edward that she broke up with Brady and how she felt about him. Now, they need to figure out how they make this work.
dazzled eyes22 chapter 15 . 5/4/2022
Oh, Bella. Edward gave her a lot to consider. It’s good she didn’t let that go any further before dealing with Brady first. That parting scene between Bella and Edward in that cafe was depressing but hopeful.

The breakup with Brady was handled well. I’m glad Bella was honest about her feelings for him. He was hurt, but he had to also know that her decision wasn’t about his kids. It just wasn’t meant to be. I liked that Bella expressed her own misunderstanding about her feelings for Edward and wanted to explain her guilt to Brady about how far things have gone. It told him that she understood the parallels of what was done to her and why she may not have intended to hurt him.

It’s great that Mack didn’t let Bella breaking up with her cousin effect their friendship.

Jessica really came through for Bella. This deal sounds awesome for her and her career. It was good that she was there to get Bella to the hospital after her fall.

I liked how Bella’s talk with Carlisle gave her some perspective on what Edward has been dealing with on her behalf. I’m still surprised at Carlisle’s questions about Bella trying to reconcile with her ex and possibly hurting Edward to get even with all of them. She can’t change the past, but, oh, I wish Bella got the opportunity to respond to Carlisle with his behavior in defending his daughter after the events of That Day without ever checking the facts. He made Bella’s life more miserable than it had to be.

In the end, Carlisle gave her the one thing she really needed…Edward’s address. I’m so glad she went to see him, crutches and all. What a lovely bookend to this chapter. I look forward to hearing his reaction.
dazzled eyes22 chapter 14 . 4/30/2022
This is such a great chapter. Pardon me if I rave on about my favorite parts.

Thanks for showing Bella remembering Edward’s haggard TV appearance and giving him the benefit of the doubt when she heard his harsh tone on the call. His attitude felt realistic. He was probably shocked when he heard Bella said goodbye to her roommate at the beginning of their call, and assumed Mack was her boyfriend. I liked that she didn’t escalate the situation. She gave him the chance to recognize his poor behavior, so he could regroup and apologize. That was awesome.

I am worried about Edward’s deteriorating health making him vulnerable to illness, especially when it’s so vital to his job.

It’s great that Bella’s writing seems to be leading to some success, though it’s very telling that she only shared the news with Rosalie, Vera, and Edward. Bella considered her boyfriend a part of “everyone” and wasn’t ready to share it with him. Hmm… says a lot. I laughed out loud as Vera appeared poised to pounce on that before Rose shushed her.

Yay! I’m so happy Bella finally shared with Rose that she has been talking to Edward. She did a good job of analyzing the data on both Edward and Brady before asking Rose for help. She even acknowledged her poor treatment of Brady. I like how Rose acknowledged Bella’s progress and then gave her some solid advice as both a doctor and her friend.

When Bella and Edward first sat down together, they seemed apprehensive and guarded. It’s no wonder their conversation led to misunderstandings and hurt feelings. I loved how thrown Bella was by his comment on how little he knew her and how Edward explained what he meant. You can see how deeply their feelings ran when he threw out the possibility of this being their last meeting. Bye Bye, Brady. Ooh, it was a nice bit of humor sprinkled in with that honest comparison of the change in her writing. All in all, I was quite impressed by their conversation. I’m so thrilled that he put it all out there on the line.

Now, how will Bella react?
4,867 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »