Reviews for Who Dares Wins
Guest chapter 3 . 2/8/2019
- Charges
1) Child abandonment?

2) Accessory to child abuse, because of the above?

3) Perverting the course of Justice by remaining silent about a gross miscarriage of said Justice? (At the least being an accessory to such. With Dumbledore being the main architect/culprit as the Chief Warlock.)

Which lead to the illegal incarceration of the then Heir Assumptive to an Ancient and Noble House and one of the Sacred 28. Now it's rightful Lord if not for his fugitive and Kiss-on-Sight status.

Just a quick three off of the top of my head for Lily.

James could also potentially be considered AWOL/having deserted his position as an Auror or Hit Wizard by faking his death as well.

Kinds dependent on his exact status when he went into hiding at Godric's Hollow in the first place.

Lily's status as a combatant is unknown, whether she was an official Ministry Representative like her hubby or a Vigilante of Dumbledore's bird club.

As, if she were the former than things get more complex due to maternity leave and how long that lasts and her subsequent faking her death.

- Surprising Reunions
Well, looks like Padfoot is a big softie as I would've decked James Sr. in his place.

Anger first, happy relief afterwards.

Twelve years of Azkaban on my part and 14 years of abuse on my Godson's (who saved my ass from summary execution for crimes I didn't commit) justifies one punch at the very least.

And how exactly is what James did any different from how Peter set Sirius up?

Honestly?

Foresee a lot of bad "karma" if he tries to intercede with Harry on Prongs behalf.

- Choices
Lots of options for Harry as what to do with his parents and brother.

Considering Sirius' reaction to them being alive, plus Sirius surviving the DoM fight, it nixes "The Fall of the House of Potter" option by the late "Bobmin356".

Which was kick the lot of them out for actions unbecoming of a Noble House.

Cherry pick the goodies and send it over to the House of Black and sell everything else and transfer all the Potter funds over into a separate account.

Than disown one's self and have the House declared extinct, while continuing on with life as Harry Sirius Black.

Thought that was one of the most poetic of fates in the whole " the Potters live" scenario.

But as said, not quite an option here.

Although kicking them out is still viable. He's 15 going on 16, he reaches his "majority" at 17. He doesn't exactly need them anymore and they aren't exactly "parents of the year" worthy either.

So drawing a line through their names and Harry setting a new standard as the Potter of Potter isn't unreasonable.

Especially, if there are portraits available of previous Lord Potters, he can learn the "do's and don'ts" from them and probably learn more than from James, who seemingly lets Dumbledore do the thinking for him.

THAT would be an interesting scene actually. Harry discussing matters with the portrait of Charlus Potter and Dorea Potter née Black and their opinion on this whole sordid mess.

Useful tool vs the "Plotters" as well. How they're viewed by the previous generation(s).

Should put them on the back foot and cling to the Old Wether more. And he's scared enough of Harry as is. So won't be any real help either.

Especially if Harry were to ask if the Potters still being alive was the reason he couldn't be arsed to get Sirius a trial as Chief Warlock or arrange one overseas clandestinely, if the political situation in the BWW prevented one, as Supreme Mugwump of the ICW.

Might get Sirius to actually think about him being screwed over as well.

Still, based on Paddy's reaction, he'd probably bring them into the House of Black if Harry did kick them out.

Course Harry can them reference that flashback about family you had in this chapter. And Sirius' choice regarding that.
ej-83 chapter 3 . 2/9/2019
Hmm..what will the potters do once everything comes out about harry's life..n snape's reaction too on seeing lily alive and well..n also the fact that he technically swore to protect the wrong kid..oh well..if harry gets angry n etc..snape n black better be prepared to work together to get rid of everyone..that is if they r supporting harry..
JamesTKent chapter 3 . 2/9/2019
This is going to be chaotic, entertaining, stressful and amazing. I am really looking forward to seeing how Albus tries to juggle it all.
swainbob142 chapter 3 . 2/9/2019
excellent story love the plot so far
zolmos chapter 3 . 2/9/2019
Love how the group is asking the hiding useless.
robert32514 chapter 3 . 2/9/2019
To quote Jack Nicolson, "Wait tikk they get a load of him."
anarion87 chapter 3 . 2/9/2019
nice chapter
DZ2 chapter 3 . 2/9/2019
Oh boy, this story's going to be an interesting one, especially since you first said it'd be just a one-shot, for which I'm thankful you changed your mind.

Both as a fan and the creator of the challenge behind the challenge.

Can't wait to see what comes next.
mwinter1 chapter 3 . 2/8/2019
Awaiting more.
Guest chapter 2 . 2/3/2019
yayyy

ty
anarion87 chapter 2 . 2/4/2019
nice so far
kaws chapter 2 . 2/4/2019
Just so you know, you have my support for this. It's going quite well.
JamesTKent chapter 2 . 2/4/2019
Well, Colonel Ramsay is someone I definitely approve of. I will be interested in seeing how the Lily/James/James Jr vs. Harry pans out, and where the bloody hell have they all BEEN? Dumbles KNEW? Once all the information has been wrung out of him, I think a long and lingering death is in order. I suspect he'd been keeping things from Sirius & Remus as well, not to mention the rest of the family.

While I'm REALLY liking the other tale, this one is VERY promising.
mckertis chapter 2 . 2/4/2019
"dont expect frequent updates" ?
Hey, i know from experience, that anything even loosely connected to DZ2 never gets remotely close to being completed, or even go past 5 short chapters. So yeah, that's a given. "Frequent updates", honestly...
mwinter1 chapter 2 . 2/4/2019