Reviews for In Praise of Naps
MushrooomsPTook chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
Oh my goodness, this was so precious and beautifully written. What a wonderful gem you've come up with! I am now going to investigate your stories, not to mention favoriting this!

Thank you!
Periantari chapter 1 . 9/21/2005
so sweet~ it's so wonderful to know how naps are so wonderful for Frodo. I love your description at many points of the story~ Thank you for this.
Mish chapter 1 . 10/29/2003
Oh, 'tis sweet! I love naps myself, so I can relate...

Love it! *bounces along to the next story*
pebbles chapter 1 . 8/3/2003
I read this story some time ago, but didn't review. Then today when I reread it, I thought I should let you know how much I enjoyed it. I would love to read more of your stories.
Lily Dragonquill chapter 1 . 6/24/2003
What a wonderful story!

Sam is just as he is... always taking care of Mr. Frodo.

for the small, good things that stay the same, though all the world may change.

This sentence is so very true!
shireling chapter 1 . 6/14/2003
What a beautiful tender story. Full of love and compassion.

Helen
Floria Tosca chapter 1 . 5/3/2003
What a lovely vignette! I liked the tie-in to "Bedside Reflections," The mood and writing style fit each other perfectly.
Lily99 chapter 1 . 4/28/2003
Perfection Oselle, perfection. As always. :)
Arryle chapter 1 . 4/28/2003
this is another gem from you, dear! So vivid are your images that I feel I am right there with them!
Ancalime8301 chapter 1 . 4/27/2003
Oh, this was so very nice... makes me want to take a nap! :p I liked how you linked past and present, with some things remaining the same despite all the changes. It brings to mind, "the more things change, the more they stay the same," though that's not entirely true for Frodo. Very sweet vignette. :)
pucktofaerie chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
Aw...that was cute! I really enjoyed it. Please write more, keep up the good work!
Ghyste chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
Beautiful and evocative writing as usual and very soporific - warm sleepy hobbits obviously have the same effect as warm sleepy cats!
Heidi Gamgee chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
Oh, your prose is so lovely! I loved how Bilbo woke little Sam from a nap, and Sam's dash home. What beautiful moments. The story seems to take Frodo's quote near the end of ROTK, "To me it feels more like falling asleep again" and portray that as a feeling of comfort and safety and love. I'm never quite sure how to take Frodo's meaning there, but this story suggests peace and quiet happiness. Thank you, for you spin a fine & flawless tale.
LilyBaggins chapter 1 . 4/25/2003
A lovely story... and especially poignant to me as a great lover of naps myself. :) I love your writing style... it's always a treat to read your tales.
sayhello chapter 1 . 4/25/2003
Oh, my! Once again you've packed a novel's worth of emotions and images into a few pages. Your language is beautiful and flowing, the story you tell is lovely and simple and comforting and has *such* feeling. Everything flows and is tied together so wonderfully. I just love it. Just love it.