Reviews for Crushing News
EmeraldMeetsAuburn chapter 1 . 2/15
Apparently a lot of research has been put into this piece. Kudos!
Jaleel Hull chapter 1 . 11/24/2020
Thanks for the 5 new words in my vocabulary... Harry felt a little bit OOC but this was a marvelous read and I enjoyed the commentary at the end
emmanarchy chapter 1 . 9/21/2020
Holy moly I felt like I just learnt hundreds of new words. I typically hate flowery kinds of prose, and yet, you've done it in a way that actually adds more colour to your story and doesn't detract in an unnecessary way. Thank-you for this. I honestly loved the reveal of Harry being in love with Hermione, and how she tried to downplay it as a crush to begin with to protect herself. And the last part with the running commentary with the three boys was gold. "How dafe could they possibly be?" You have no idea. ;P
stevem1 chapter 1 . 9/18/2020
This is hilarious.
PkScholar chapter 1 . 8/13/2020
This read like some strange comedic fever dream and I absolutely loved it lmao
ConstructiveRomance chapter 1 . 8/4/2020
I'm sure all your reviews say much of the same thing, but truly your vocabulary is stunning. How on earth did you do it? Reading 24/7? I actually learned words reading this which almost never happens in fanfics, let alone a rom-com one-shot!

While it's definitely a distinct style, and one that makes our characters a little out of character, your writing is so expressive and enjoyable. At times, perhaps a bit long winded - there was a part where I felt words could have been simply thrown into a thesaurus and replaced, the sentence felt that convoluted. I'm aware the possibility of that is non-existent for a writer of your talent but I'm trying to explain the feeling is all. In any case, that was rare and overall this was such a joy to read.

I loved Hermione's rambling, very in character. The note about Harry blinking, but not quick enough for morse code so unhelpful for communication was great. Loved that line. Also the line about tongue and brain solving the identity crisis, that whole bit was excellent. Your words are so vibrant that the characters really come to life, I could picture every second vividly as the scenes progressed.

Great, enjoyable, lovely one-shot.

Thanks for writing this! I hope you write more in the future :)
CR.
Annette11418 chapter 1 . 7/27/2020
This was so cute, I wish there was even more romance to read!
MiharuTousaka chapter 1 . 7/22/2020
This made me cry and then laugh and then just... 10/10
Guest chapter 1 . 7/3/2020
Love this so much. Always a joy to reread. The pacing, the build up, the banter. Sweet and funny without being too cliche. Thank you so much for this.
lipasnape chapter 1 . 6/16/2020
It is a rare occasion, indeed, when I need a dictionary while reading fanfiction. Thank you.
Harry Black Potter chapter 1 . 4/17/2020
Greetings Stanrick,

another good story. Thankfully your title was slightly misleading!

I was expecting some bad news but then again, Hermione telling Harry that he was invading her space and that she wanted him to keep his distance was a heavy blow. Even more crushing was the fact that she implied how he should actually prefer the absence of people, bringing up the child neglecting and abusing Dursleys as the reason. That was definitely a very "crushing" paragraph to read and Harry's reaction to her dismal try of a sensible explanation for her weird behaviour was heartbreaking.

For just a very short moment I had to think about the 'me too' movement because Hermione's words would have been enough for a trial; imagine Harry having to be in court again for being too 'huggy' with a person of the female gender.

The rest of the story was much easier to enjoy, phew! Dumbfounded lovestruck Hermione is much cuter than deflective keep-your-distance Hermione ;)

HBP
Messhy chapter 1 . 4/8/2020
per·spic·u·ous (of an account or representation) clearly expressed and easily understood; lucid. I think he meant that DrDamage.
rswknight chapter 1 . 2/23/2020
Fun story! Love the whole mutually oblivious admiration society they had going on. Nice work
DrDamage chapter 1 . 2/20/2020
"A tacit answer, but a perspicuous one"

I'm pretty sure you mean "conspicuous"

PS I don't bother trying to correct fics I'm not thoroughly enjoying, so there's that ;)
Foxwild chapter 1 . 2/17/2020
So I read Thresholds once every four months or so, as sort of a version of hot chocolate on (emotionally) cold nights... and much to my surprise you're still relatively active!

Loved this fic, love all your fics - please keep writing.

3 fox