Reviews for RHYTHM OF THE HEAT
trippingflamingo chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
"Evan" is one of my all-time favorite episodes and it always left me wondering why it was so hard for Sonny to forgive Evan. Your story reads like the missing backstory. You've captured both of their emotions perfectly- Sonny's anger at Evan for having betrayed Mike, his fear and confusion at having broken Evan's heart, and his guilt for not having forgiven Evan before he died. And you've taken us inside Evan's psyche- his misdirected self-hatred which stems from his fear of being gay because he cared about Sonny. You've nailed the characterization- I can actually hear their voices in my head as I read this. Bravo! Superbly done!
MAJOR uncool chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
*sniff*

Damn, woman. you've just achieved the impossible. I NEVER cry.. *sniffs*
Salysha chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
This is one of the singularly best stories I've seen. Sonny's characterization is flawless, and his interactions and relationship with Rico are impeccable. I love the way you have fleshed out the story in "Evan."

I actually read this fic before I saw "Evan," and the fic alone got me interested in the episode. I've seen the episode many a time since, and still this feels like the perfect companion piece for it. This is insightful about the human nature in general, true to the original work, and wonderful writing throughout.

SheenaBean, if you're still around and writing, please don't hesitate to tip me off about more of your works. It is time I pay my respects and fave this story and apologize for having taken so long to get to it.
Kristina Johansson chapter 1 . 8/5/2006
What a great story! It was very In Character! You've got the dialogue and interactions between the characters down to a tee.

I felt like this was a part of the real episode. :-) Thanks for posting!
amy chapter 1 . 7/30/2006
Excellent story. Do you have any other Miami Vice fic? Very in character and doesn't take the easy route.
losttimelady chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
Very well written. You have kept well to the infomation given to us in 'Even' and kept the story and the charecters going strong. Nice one.
Sheraven chapter 1 . 9/23/2004
Very well written, I like how you maintain the characters and feel of the series. The explanation of the love between Evan and Sonny was mature and probable. Please write again.
Suz2 chapter 1 . 10/30/2003
interesting take on a slashy relationship between Sonny and Evan. Well handled and not overwrought by the usual standards.

The Evan episode has spawned a little fic of my own, though in another fandom, but it fell victim to the censorship rules around here these days. No great loss, I'm sure.

But the whole dynamic between Evan and Sonny went far deeper than the simple betrayal of trust Evan displayed towards Mike, and it's nice to see someone make a real effort at exploring it. Good work.
Ginger chapter 1 . 5/10/2003
Hello SheenaBean,

you did a marvellous job on Sonny's conflicting feelings. This follow-up to the ep 'Evan' was a good way to explore more of Sonny's guilt toward his friend. Where it comes from, why it was so hard for him to forgive Evan. The story makes sense and is not over-emotional.

You were also doing a perfect job on how Rico would react to everything his friend tells him. This line summs beautifully up just how Sonny showed Evan that the feelings for his friend were still there:

“Just the fact that you held him in your arms as he died was confirmation enough. Sometimes, actions speak louder than words, Sonny.”

Thank you for sharing this story. It was a great read and I hope to read more from you.

Greetings,

Ginger
frylock chapter 1 . 5/2/2003
As soon as I saw the title of this story, I suspected you were a Peter Gabriel fan. The song is great, and if you look hard enough you can find a German version the that album. Yes, one of those big

black 12" round things with a hole in the middle. Get you mind out of the gutter. ;)
Styxqueen chapter 1 . 4/24/2003
hey SheenaBean,

what an awesome story about Sonny and Evan! It's the best MV fanfic that I've ever read!