Reviews for When The Student Is Ready
evanna chapter 1 . 9/26/2017
I read this way back, maybe ten years ago. Stumbled upon it once more tonight and realised it was this story that got me hooked for Dumbledore-as-a-father-figure-to-Tom stories. Not a lot of them out there, unfortunaltely.
Thank you for inspiring me!
evanna chapter 1 . 3/5/2017
Years ago I found this and read it... and the idea of a Tom-Dumbledore Father/Son constellation has haunted me ever since. I wished there were more stories out there like this one! Thank you.
GSYH chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
OMG! The Wizard of Oz!

The kiss on the forehead, I just thought of the kiss on the forehead The Witch of the North / Glinda gave Dorothy, before she journeys on the yellow brick road.

...but poor Tom has no home to go back to, and he won't stop to smell the roses.
The L Master chapter 1 . 11/15/2004
i can't convey how sorry i am to have only found this now. it's perfect. that's it. no more, no less. i don't have any critics or other comments. too many see only the evil dark lord without questioning who he truly is , and how he came to be what he is now. i think, more than hate, the lord deserves pity and perhaps compassion, and forgiveness. he doesn't need to be defeated. he needs to be saved. from himself if nothing else. i'm think that's the only chance the side of the light has to actually save the day.

damn, 'm rambling. i'm touched, i truly am. a full standing ovation for this masterpiece.
kerosama chapter 1 . 11/14/2004
Wou! Thank you very much for this fic! D/V romance are ever very welcome. You wrote the Tom replay for love so weel, his reactions resulting from his childish without this sentiment... fragile. I like it so much!
Jetamors chapter 1 . 7/19/2004
I feel so sorry for Dumbledore, seeing exactly where he went wrong and also knowing that there's no way to fix it, and I feel so sorry for Voldemort, who can only continue on the path to destruction. This is such a interesting look at both of them; thanks a lot for writing this fic.
Fortissimo63 chapter 1 . 6/21/2004
Santa mierda, I never knew such a plotline (that is to say, Albus/Tom) could be so... beautiful, to say the least. It takes a fair hand in the fanfiction trade to pull off such a bizarre match. I loved the story very much... as well as every other story you've written... ;) Keep on writing. If it were up to me, I wouldn't let you do anything else.
darkestbeforedawn chapter 1 . 6/18/2004
disturbingly enough, i liked it.

... alot.
Evilgrinch chapter 1 . 1/27/2004
“Better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven?
Elisa Jackson Much too Lazy to Sign In chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
I swore on my life I'd never read Albus romance or Voldemort romance, and this has BOTH of them but..Wow. That was beautifully done. You made me a believer!
Rosalie chapter 1 . 11/6/2003
Even though it's short, this is one of my favorite Tom Riddle fics. Dumbledore's character is captured perfectly. With someone as compassionate as Dumbledore, there would have been a lot of regret and even guilt for not seeing it coming, and you wrote that beautifully. No matter how many times I come back to it, this story never fails to be moving in some way.
Zephyre chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
This would have to be one of the most poignant pieces i have ever read. It is hauntingly beautiful and brilliantly depicts the power dynamic between Voldemort and Dumbeldore. It says everything that needs to be said in a short story without any need for anything else.

well done
npetrenko chapter 1 . 9/8/2003
Very nice.
istima chapter 1 . 8/15/2003
Wonderful Dumbledore characterization. I'm not sure about Voldemort, I think he wouldn't be this humane, but like I said, I'm not sure. and, um, slow old me got that Voldemort has Nagini like Dumbledore has Fawkes because of this story. I didn't notice that before. Both men are mirrors of each other, and that was insightful. Thank you. :)
Polkat chapter 1 . 7/28/2003
wow.

wonderful.

i hate not having words, it makes me feel so fragile, perhaps i should only review bad stories that i can always find something ot say about.

its brilliant [i think i may have expressed this opinion already...] if i were riddle i would've killed dumbledore where he stood but it worked incredibly well even with this suspencion of belief. my favourite moment definately had to be:half-expecting to see those grave, wary eyes staring back at him in expectant challenge, as if to say: tell me something that makes a difference, something I don’t already know.

wonderful stuff one of my favourite stories, definately.