Reviews for Arachne
Spidey-phd chapter 11 . 5/14
I'm still amused by the exhibitionist couple. Are they going to end up being important characters? Assault and Battery perhaps?
Spidey-phd chapter 10 . 5/14
Good chapter. I've seen some fanfics which demonstrated a good look at the varied uses of confoam. It was interesting to see how Spider-man's webbing could have similar positive applications for general use by the public (and makes me wonder why Peter was so selfish in hoarding such a valuable resource).
Spidey-phd chapter 9 . 5/14
Are we still going to have canon Coil? or will Fisk replace him? 'Cause Kingpin with timeline simulation powers is kinda terrifying...

Actually... isn't Spider-man danger-sense sometimes described as a form of precognition in some media? Precognitive abilities are supposed to mess with Coil's own power. Which would really hamstring Coil. And with FOUR spider-characters running around he'd probably have to kill all four in order to eliminate the interference. Hehehe!

I love the contrasting spider-powered characters.

Taylor needs a J. Jonah. Jameson, someone to publicly and loudly denounce her a villain despite her heroic actions.
With multiple spider-themed characters running around it would be easy for Taylor to be blamed for their crimes?
Taylor could be mastered or framed for murder?
Conflict with Shadow Stalker could be publicly portrayed to make Taylor look bad?
...
Alan Barnes as the new JJJ! Some event with Shadow Stalker and/or Emma could make him dedicate himself to destroying Taylor's heroic image. Given his canon backstory of working with Brandish he could argue for accountability using New Wave's own historical arguments. He might even help cover-up Glory Girl's frequent episodes of "excessive violence" in order to blackmail New Wave into supporting his anti-Arachne smear campaign? I could image Glory Girl running to her mother in panic because she had accidentally killed a guy and a desperate momma Carol agreeing to blame Arachne in order to keep Glory Girl out of jail.
Cauldron might even get in on the deal in order to get their slimy mitts on the world's premiere biotinker. Canary was used to prove that the PRT was willing to send Masters to the Birdcage after only one strike. 1) Glory Girl could be reclassified as a uncontrolled Master due to her aura. 2) Cauldron could provide proof of GG's previous victims of excess violence.
Cauldron would use the blackmail to get Panacea (I have no idea why they didn't recruit her earlier in canon). Panacea could augment capes, be teleported to injured Protectorate members and wards (rather than wasting her time on regular vanilla humans), and to help the case 53s.
All it would cost would be one "strike" against Arachne which would make her a wanted villain (for accidental manslaughter) but wouldn't mean that Taylor would be sent to the Birdcage. Cauldron might even promise that Arachne wouldn't even go to jail, merely receive probation and be forced to join the Wards.

Wow, that was an excessively long comment! Please ignore me. COVID-19 isolation has made me crazier than usual...
Spidey-phd chapter 8 . 5/14
Another great chapter! However, you did drop the ball on one point. Mister(!) Robinson? When delving into the putrid depths of a Hive of Scum and Villainy (aka high school) it is mandatory to include at least oblique reference to the infamous Mrs. Robinson, sextra credit, and illicit/forbidden/scandalous relationships.
I hope to see a recovery from this horrendous failure in a future chapter when Greg's altruistic Boy Scout routine allows him to meet Stacy's mom?
;-)
Spidey-phd chapter 7 . 5/14
ROFL, I love that Eddy Brock and Harry Osborn are Peter's bros/sidekicks in this 'verse! I have high hopes that they will be present during a cape-fight (Peter vs Hookwolf?) which occurs in a sports store and will engage in satirical pompom waving.
ShaiGar chapter 11 . 10/14/2019
Is there any more coming? There're 16 chapters on Spacebattles, but I'd love to read more.
tarrangar chapter 11 . 8/6/2019
This story is really fun, I hope you continue it someday.
Navn Ukjent chapter 11 . 7/3/2019
Fun fic so far.

I really like all the different people from various Spiderman versions running around, confusing people.

I hope you'll continue this soon.
Cheshirek3t chapter 7 . 6/18/2019
Greg Veder, your neighborhood friend, Spider-Guy
(-b •-•)-b
Cheshirek3t chapter 3 . 6/18/2019
Uh, why "The Brazilian" ?
HSPrinceOfSpace chapter 11 . 6/12/2019
This is glorious it needs to continue
Ziggrrauglurr chapter 11 . 5/6/2019
Very nice idea and execution! Interested on what follows.
xbox432 chapter 11 . 4/6/2019
I wonder if every cape in the city has run into those exhibitionists by now? They might be an even more famous couple than Assault and Battery! :P

Also, poor Brian. His sister's gonna give him a heart attack at this rate. And I'm honestly surprised he didn't try and strangle Alex for not looking away when Aisha started stripping.
xbox432 chapter 10 . 4/6/2019
Huh, so we've got a Norman Osborn who's NOT a sociopath? Granted, it's not like Earth Bet has a shortage of those. So Norman being a good person is a nice change as far as I'm concerned.
xbox432 chapter 5 . 4/5/2019
Well, this has been interesting so far. The dialogue is easy to follow and the editing is well done, though I'm still tentative regarding the number of protagonists... Each section is fun to read, but I can't help but think I'm reading snippets rather than whole chapters. Still, I'm feeling hopeful that I'll enjoy the rest of the story. :D
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »