Reviews for Arachne
ShaiGar chapter 11 . 10/14
Is there any more coming? There're 16 chapters on Spacebattles, but I'd love to read more.
tarrangar chapter 11 . 8/6
This story is really fun, I hope you continue it someday.
Navn Ukjent chapter 11 . 7/3
Fun fic so far.

I really like all the different people from various Spiderman versions running around, confusing people.

I hope you'll continue this soon.
Cheshirek3t chapter 7 . 6/18
Greg Veder, your neighborhood friend, Spider-Guy
(-b •-•)-b
Cheshirek3t chapter 3 . 6/18
Uh, why "The Brazilian" ?
HSPrinceOfSpace chapter 11 . 6/12
This is glorious it needs to continue
Ziggrrauglurr chapter 11 . 5/6
Very nice idea and execution! Interested on what follows.
xbox432 chapter 11 . 4/6
I wonder if every cape in the city has run into those exhibitionists by now? They might be an even more famous couple than Assault and Battery! :P

Also, poor Brian. His sister's gonna give him a heart attack at this rate. And I'm honestly surprised he didn't try and strangle Alex for not looking away when Aisha started stripping.
xbox432 chapter 10 . 4/6
Huh, so we've got a Norman Osborn who's NOT a sociopath? Granted, it's not like Earth Bet has a shortage of those. So Norman being a good person is a nice change as far as I'm concerned.
xbox432 chapter 5 . 4/5
Well, this has been interesting so far. The dialogue is easy to follow and the editing is well done, though I'm still tentative regarding the number of protagonists... Each section is fun to read, but I can't help but think I'm reading snippets rather than whole chapters. Still, I'm feeling hopeful that I'll enjoy the rest of the story. :D
xbox432 chapter 1 . 4/5
...I'm not sure about all the extra people who got powers. I've had bad experiences with stories that focus on more than one protagonist. But I am interested in the setup, and I like what I've read so far so I'll give the story a chance.
RHJunior chapter 11 . 3/25
puhLEEZ continue this!
RHJunior chapter 1 . 3/25
"THWIP-YOINK"

HEheheheheheheheheh.
Considering that you put this on hiatus, plus fodn%y update it here fully.

Here are reviews of the other "missing" chapters

Chapter 12:
Well, that nixes the potential Lisa/Taylor friendship (which is one of the few bright spots in Worm IMNSHO).

("Skittering Campione" by Greatazuredragon also shows it off rather nicely. The two of them together are just scary, even in a world where Deities walk the Mortal Plane, toss in a minion, Anit, swiftly becoming a reluctant enabler and partner. Well.. We're swiftly approaching the unholy trio of "Taylor Varga"; Taylor, Lisa and Amy.)

Wrecking someone's lab and costume is no way to make friends.

Thought suddenly came to me though, is Aisha's invisibility her natural Imp Trigger Ability, or is this Miles Morales' camouflage trick taken to extremes?

Chapter 13:
And karma strikes back by wrecking their base instead.

Tsk tsk.

See kids, that's what you get for being naughty. Who needs a lump of coal, when you can have a Rage Dragon stomp your secret base flat instead.

Chapter 14:
Correction:
*... his voice carrying an amuse tone.*

"amused", rather than " amuse".

Comments:
- Cameos
So two of the Hobgoblins are part of Osborn Security Corps, Donovan sounds familiar. A "Lefty" Donovan maybe, for some reason that name keeps bugging me? Wasn't he part of the Enforcers?

- Equipment
Will Taylor consider adding impact webbing to her arsenal?

That "Iron" Web 616 Peter had to use while storming a Mob mansion? Too much firepower to dodge IIRC, so he made webbing that could function as a bulletproof outer layer. (Was one of those special comic covers back in the '90s.)

Or what about Stinger Darts loaded with Osborn brand tranqs to take down heavies like Lung, just in case.

Utility belt filled with varying cartridges, including some of the less often used ones, like the firefighting ones to the back and labelled with a small flame sticker?

As that's something that both 616 Peter Parker, Ben Reilly and Kaine made use of, the belt that is.

Ought to include a light as well, not so much to scare villains with, but just to deal with blackout situations and you're escorting Civvies.

Tracers are a lot less useful, because of the Unwritten Rules. So that mechanism could be removed from the webshooters.

Chapter 15:
That wouldn't happen to be Stan Lee would it? Had a hunch that one guy Greg helped might've been him, but the word choice didn't quite fit, so I dismissed the idea.

Stan had a certain verbiage which can really make him stand out or to use a comic reference "pop up from the page". (Seerking had him spot on in his drabble series over at FFN. He-Bot something.)

And is Ziz arachnophobic? Heh. Rather amusing.

Lastly, the PHO has me wondering about strength levels.

Is Taylor akin to SpiderGwen aka White Widow and Silk and thus hitting the 10T mark? Or is she more like Arana (Anya Corazon) and the two initial Spiderwomen (Drew (the original and not the 1610 gender swapped clone) and Carpenter) at 7T? She definitely has the height and leverage to argue for the higher strength.

Aisha is probably less due to age.

But Greg and Webb should be in the 10T mark, as 616 Peter was that strong straight from the start during his Highschool years. So no reason for them not hitting their max.

The strength upgrades 616 Peter went through prior to "One More Day" (when the reset button was hit) were all mystical in nature, so are probably irrelevant to the Worm-verse.

- More generalized comment.

Haven't seen the movie, but did any of the Spiders involved have organic webshooters?

Might be a way to get Greg access to webbing without him having to build the webshooters.

Just means his food bill is going to go up in order to make up for the additional proteins needed.
Chapter 1:

Can an act of bioterrorism* really be considered a "prank gone wrong", especially in light of a year plus long campaign of hsrrsssment?

*: Use of blood in an attsck makes it bioterrorism, due to the potential of spread diseases. HIV and Hepetitus at the least.

Considering Taylor's confinement with the sludge it would be: "a bioterrorism attack to facilitate premeditated murder."

There is no "attempted murder" with a bioterrorism attack even if foiled.

And there's no juvenile court either. So Emma and Sophia are looking at 20 to life, IIRC, with Sophia ending up at the Birdcage for using her powers to pull this off..

Chapter 2:
So considering Aisha's impulse issues, Villain and an early Undersides member.

Greg ending up like Uber and Leet and considered a joke?

Peter, hero and a responsible one at that.

Taylor would be hero, possible sidekick/partner to Peter? Or remaining Indy. Wait and see.

Chapter 3:
- Taylor's Costume
SpiderGwen influence with the white hood, Also kinda Scarlet Spider with the shirt (just inverted colours) and the black would suggest Venom or Black Widow, Miles Morales suit comes to mind as well.

Chapter 9:
Corrections:
*You're dad saw you ...*

"Your dad saw ..."

*Not that is wasn't anything ...*

"it" not "is"

Comments:
- Verbiage
*... when she did the Superman thing ...*

Was Superman even ever published on Earth Bet?

And would the term have entered the English language with Scon killing off the superhero genre with in the late '60s/early 70's.

No Donner movies to attract a younger generation either.

Might just want to tweak it to "superhero".

Chapter 10:
Wouldn't Norman say "Liz", rather than "your wife", when talking to Harry?

She IS his daughter in law after all. "your wife" feels rather impersonal, as if he didn't approve of her, not quite the image he'd be going for if he wants to bury the hatchet.

Chapter 11:
And Sophia further shows why she really can't be considered a "hero" by stealing that wallet. She can't even be considered a rogue either.

In addendum, Eddie Brock's joke could end up foreshadowing, if Aisha were to ever learn that Stalker shot Brian with one of her bolts. Probably through Alec complaining about the lost couch.

Even with her phasing ability and Aisha's lack of skill, the strength and speed gap is too high to compensate for, least by Sophia anyway. She's no Captain America, Black Panther, Iron Fist, Shang Chi or Daredevil when it comes to technique.

She's not even at 25 percent of an Ogun trained Kitty Pryde.