Reviews for Harry Potter, Self-Insert
Navn Ukjent chapter 24 . 1/30/2022
Fun chapter, and nice to see you updating this again.
TheLostArchivist chapter 24 . 1/28/2022
Ah, the good ol' ion engine (equivalent). Not much thrust but indefinite run time. It does feel somewhat like cheating though that they used THAT much magic for it...
worom001 chapter 24 . 1/27/2022
I'm thinking, would it be possible to make a spaceship? I mean, if they're able to interact with isotopes and decay, then it shouldn't be too hard to make essentially a co2 scrubber, a way to get rid of radiation, potentially create artificial gravity for the ship (possible warp drive? Really farfetched even for hp fandoms) and much more. The most difficult part would be the controls and all the micromanagement for the magic and charms and whatnot. I imagine you'd need an alternative for an onboard computer, a powerful one at that, with software or hardware capable of interacting with magic. Don't know how that would work honestly. If it even COULD work. I suppose you could achieve ftl travel by using a time turner attached to the ship and skipping backwards while moving forwards. Maybe. Time turner's are fucked in HP.
EternalAnglo94 chapter 7 . 1/27/2022
Why would he tell Hermione that he is a time traveller and not the real Harry Potter it makes no sense he has years to build up his mental defences so it doesn't need to do it the way Harry and Snape tried to do
EternalAnglo94 chapter 6 . 1/27/2022
Hmm he should be able to get a nice amount from the ministry given he was in prison for around 8 years in this story their is no way the Ministry could say no
wolf550e chapter 24 . 1/27/2022
I loved the reference to acapellascience the first time you made it. Alan Turing used teddy bear debugging, so rubber ducky debugging is not a recent invention. As a software guy who has been following spacex since ~2010, I love all your references. space stack exchange calculated the Isp of steam and the mass of the steam rocket capable of LEO, LOL. A 1KN engine isn't an upgrade from the SSME - it won't reach orbit with it. It is a great upgrade to the shuttle's OMS though. If you use magic to shield the orbiter from debris falling from the ET to fix the side-mount issue, use magic instead of fuel cells for power and life support, use magic to store provisions (oxygen, CO2 scrubber, water, food, clothes, etc.), and this infinite-fuel, free energy engine, the shuttle becomes a useful spaceship. space expansion on the mid-deck would also be nice.
scyfly chapter 24 . 1/27/2022
huh, its been a while, good to see you ars still writing.

im not too fond of you plugging all the loopholes, yes its pokes fun at those fix-it stories but imo there are simply far to many oppertunities to make use of and when the expert on muggles asks what the use of plugs and rubber ducks are... well that doesnt instill confidence they know all these ways.

besides if i were in this world i'd simply stop seeing any coinage as valid except things like gold. that way you can exchange them either for galleons or any other kind of muggle cash at will.

your magic system works pretty well with science, will you do anything with this or is it purely academic? perhaps you could later turn this into a scifi crossover. sg1mass effecthalo, or go the other route and throw him into azaroth for example though that would make the science useless again.
frankieu chapter 24 . 1/27/2022
nice chapter thx for writing it good to see this story still being active
fun to see them scramble to hide the dangerous stuff in spells dont want voldy to learn stuff
spiderfanboi chapter 9 . 1/26/2022
harry pulling out the bezoar from his pocket is amazing
Gnormann chapter 3 . 1/26/2022
Way too convenient. The SI has no agency since the plot mysteriously fixes everything for him. Complete lack of drama and flat characters just make this not interesting
HpFaN2o0r chapter 24 . 1/26/2022
this is going to end badly. i can feel it.
himejieats chapter 22 . 1/24/2022
This story got me out of my reading slump, pleaseeeee I hope you see this and maybe if you like write an update. I really like your approach for this Harry Potter isekai. It's so cooool, well I think it is. Thanksss. I hope you still remember that you wrote this before. Thanks again
worom001 chapter 7 . 12/10/2021
The issue with wandless magic, is that everyone in Magical Britain seems to think it is virtually impossible and that it is incredibly difficult for even the most advanced wizards. And yet despite this, lore wise theres a literal magic school in africa called Uagadou and Native Americans who excel at wandless magic at young ages. African wizards even excel at transfiguration and self-transfiguration (according to the hp wiki) which is technically seen as the most difficult branch to do without a wand to focus your magic in. Apparently the restricted section has a book on wandless magic. Why it would be in the restricted section of all things, is beyond me. Perhaps channeling magic through your limbs rather than a wand could cause severe damage if the spell backfires? Who knows. But you don't actually need a lot of 'power' to use wandless magic, just experience. The only thing Wands do is to work as a focus and external controller (think of it as electricity and ciruit boards, you could just lower the voltage manually, but the wand does it automatically depending on the spell like you could with a circuit board with resistors and capacitors) as well as amplify the actual potency of a spell (similar to how you can amplify a signal or voltage). With wandless magic, I assume you have to consciously and manually be aware of the amount of 'magic' you're channeling through your body, and this would also - i assume - mean that you have to be able to feel the magic in your body which you don't mean using wands.
creekinny chapter 23 . 11/19/2021
Legal
yochan123 chapter 22 . 9/29/2021
Lmao I will not steal a nuclear warhead

Cough cough it would be verrrrry effective

Anyways I adore this story. Plz plz continue!’m