Reviews for From a Ranger to a King
Feafea chapter 8 . 6/20/2009
This story's going onto my favorites! D
asdfjkl chapter 8 . 6/17/2009
loved it! the only problem i have with it is the timing. i agree that this is all stuff that aragorn had to work out, i just think he worked it out earlier. on the other hand, i adored all of your characters and i think you portrayed them very well. i was a tad confused in the first chapter-you didn't explain what was going on very well-but after that, everything was great.

keep writing! i enjoyed this story xD
dinopoodle chapter 8 . 4/19/2009
This story was well done! Keep writing and we all will continue to enjoy. You have a talent for it.
dinopoodle chapter 4 . 4/19/2009
This story is very well written and is good at holding to readers interest from the start. thanks to you for posting it.
Webster chapter 8 . 1/8/2007
Great story. I love angst and H/C. You bring out deep and interesting emotions without turning angst into melodrama. You handle Elrond's dilemma with delicacy, and, of course, who could resist the way you let the elves and dwarves play?

That may be the secret to a good angstfic, a touch of fun to lighten it.

Final chapter nitpick-Aragorn moves the old White Tree? By himself? Including the roots, (just for example) a very small oak tree 10 feet high and 5 inches thick would weight over 700 pounds. If it's dried out and dead, maybe as little as 400. I'm sure he could handle it if he weren't wounded, but, under the circumstances, he might want a little help.
RS chapter 8 . 11/14/2005
I am delighted to have found this. What a wonderful fic. I am amazed that this was your first fiction. You did a great job. You conveyed Aragorn's feelings so well. Good Job!
Skexxie Skywalker chapter 8 . 11/9/2003
That was wonderful! A nice epilogue to the books and movies! Excellent writing and it bought a tear to eye
Noriel chapter 8 . 8/7/2003
Bravo!
estelcontar chapter 8 . 6/3/2003
Well, youve done it!

This was a very wonderful ending to a very moving and, in my opinion perceptive story, in which you managed to keep all the characters in character, and not to slide into sentimentality.

This chapter portrayed a truthful Gandalf who tells Aragorn things Aragorn needs to hear and act upon in order to come to terms with his fears, and "learn to get past his doubts", as he does by the end of your story.

The part with Legolas, Gimli and the twins made me chuckle delightedly!

Thank you once again for finishing this beautiful story.
Angel chapter 8 . 6/2/2003
I'm sorry to be such a bummer, but you cannot possibly leave it there sniff! I loved its melancholy search for wholeness, this longing plea to be completed, I love all that angst and utterly difficult varying degress of love and its sixth degrees of separation that the movie obviously did not have time for,

but please write an accompanying piece to this even if its only to let Elrond give his human son that much needed hug sniff!

You carried the relationships of Aragorn with his father, brothers, Arwen, Legolas and Gimli just superbly. It is not an easy thing to merge these people into the right characterisation of the comfort, affinity and great love they had for each other encompassing all its difficulties but you dit it well! I am sure you will find that as you write more, you get better ;)

Please write MORE!
Sue chapter 8 . 6/2/2003
Oh you got it alright, Nell Marie! It was just perfect IMHO. The characters were right on target. It was beautifully written and a fitting ending to a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing it with us. My guess was correct that Gandalf was going to take Aragorn to the sapling. Your conclusion shows the hope for the future of Gondor and its king.

PS: I loved the Gimli & Legolas bit too!
Envinyatar chapter 8 . 6/2/2003
I'm ashamed I haven't reviewed this before. Fine writing, perfectly in character and a lovely blend of emotion and humour. I look forward to reading more of your work.
Tora chapter 8 . 6/2/2003
That was quite simply the best piece of fanfic i

have ever read, it was simply beautiful- thank you so much!

Tora
xsilicax chapter 8 . 6/2/2003
*great big sigh*

That was an absolutely wonderful ending, the last paragraph covered so many emotions and tied them up beautifully.

It was very fitting that everyone who is close to Aragorn was there to see him finally embracing his destiny, and that little ceremony was a great way of showing his acceptance.

*sighs again*

I absolutely loved this story, and am really quite sad that it ever had to end, but you said a 'next time' so I will be anxiously looking for more!

Though of course you have earned a *short* break!

Hugs and congratultions,

Cathy.

_
estelcontar chapter 7 . 5/22/2003
Im so glad you updated again. I so wished to read this chapter.

It is in a lighter mood, as it should have been after the last one in which Aragorn and Elrond finally came to an understanding. I always felt Aragorn would feel guiltier about depriving Elrond of his children than he would about depriving Arwen of her immortality. He knew that to Arwen he was giving something great in return. Not so with Elrond who, ultimately, would be separated from most of his family, Aragorn included!

I liked Elronds unobtrusive hand; I liked Aragorn and the twins, and I especially liked the way you portrayed Arwen. She sounded real, she sounded wise, she sounded Arwen. And once again, congratulations for avoiding sticky sentimentality when picturing this intricate web of relationships.

I think I know what event youre taking of place. Is Gandalf going to show Nimloths sapling to Aragorn? It would be a fitting end to your lovely story

Okay, enough babbling, Im done! I do hope you post your next chapter soon!
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »