Reviews for Body Count
TolkienScholar chapter 1 . 2/28/2019
Wh-why are you doing this to me? This is so sad and beautiful it hurts. And I'd just started recovering from watching the end of "My Bloody Valentine," too, and now my feels are all stirred up again, because you've shown me poor, suffering, agonized Dean through someone else's eyes and it just *hurts*! A war veteran... she has no idea. A war like she couldn't even possibly imagine. That line: "making it fifteen - and they look like gravestones in the dim light." So gorgeously written. And her going from trying unsuccessfully to flirt with him to wishing she could rock him to sleep like a little child... the very thing I would like to do after seeing him at the end of the episode I just watched... I don't even have words. You are amazing.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 2/12/2019
Kate, this is lovely. Very well written. It is very nearly perfect.
waitingforAslan chapter 1 . 2/10/2019
Love your metaphors. They are not just random but actually fit within the context of the show: the old jacket, the gravestones, and the inconsolable child. ( it broke my heart in episode 300 when Dean told Sam that having his family back together had been his wish since he was 4 years old.)
silver ruffian chapter 1 . 2/10/2019
I like the way you provide just enough detail about who this is. I suspect with the mention of Benny the stranger at the bar is probably Dean. Just my opinion.

Rip my heart out and stomp it flat, why don't you? Well done, ma'm, well done.
Dizzo chapter 1 . 2/10/2019
Aw, that's wonderful - beautifully atmospheric!