Reviews for Memoirs of a Suicidal Pirate
Cookie-koko chapter 16 . 4/17
I just spent the last few days binge reading this and it's amazing. Wonderful. You put a new spin on the start of once piece but it still very much feels like one piece. And it's alive. I love Hoku as a character and her and her people feel very real to the world, like they just fit in. And all of the friendship developments are amazing, especially with characters that exist in the series but aren't seen much. I can't wait for more. Though please more Mihawk and Law if possible :pleading:
Obama chapter 16 . 3/15
What a great fic! Makes me feel good reading this last chapter so wholesome
Mavsynchroid chapter 16 . 3/7
I want MOAR!
Mavsynchroid chapter 1 . 3/3
I gave up on this fanfic about a third of the way through what's been written already. While the writing style and grammar is pretty much great, I wasn't a fan of the main character. She mutters about wanting to die, yet never really tries to kill herself? The author tries to explain it away but is extremely vague about it. She could just shoot herself in the head. Simple as that. It comes off as a person who talks about killing themselves yet never really does.

It also seems like every time the author wants something different to happen in the story, they cop out by having her trip or do something else like a clutz to make it happen. Don't want her to win the fight? Have her trip on nothing. Want her to go with the crew? Have her trip and knock herself out. It got old extremely quick, especially when it kept being used to almost force the story in a certain direction, and quite blatantly too.

Another thing I wasn't a fan of was that she knows the anime/manga, yet it almost seems like she doesn't really change anything from happening. Half of the time she doesn't remember until it's "convenient", and the other half it seems like no matter what she does, things happen the same way they did in the cannon anyway. (Going to actually fight smoker? Trip over nothing and fall down... See?)

Lastly, this is fanfiction. The whole point of a SI story is to see what happens when a new character is added to the cannon. She doesn't really feel special, in the sense that a SI character does. She feels more like a side character. For example, Zoro pretty much treats her like a fool. You kind of expect a SI character, one who knows the future, to be at least a little wiser and help the cannon characters with problems and trials they usually had problems with. I just felt like I was reading the canon story from a side character who didn't have much presence. At least, it felt that way as soon as she got on the going merry.

Anyway, somewhat new to the site so I couldn't find where to review the entire story as a whole, so decided to put it on the first page. Let me reiterate that the writing itself is great. The author is a spectacular writer, quality wise. Just wasn't a fan of the story itself.
Darkeous chapter 11 . 2/21
SHES FINALLU BACK TO CANNON but also. lore lore lore lore lore poffies
Darkeous chapter 10 . 2/20
ah man all the lore is exellent but im also desperate to get back to cannon
Darkeous chapter 8 . 2/20
NO NOT HACK CRYING
Darkeous chapter 6 . 2/19
hecking yeah fucking she the immortalshe has literal plot armour
Darkeous chapter 4 . 2/19
vibes.
Darkeous chapter 2 . 2/19
nah its amazing its legit amazing, the tone and emotion is literally everything,
Darkeous chapter 2 . 2/19
texturing the world like this is so fucking valid. love that for you
Readingthis chapter 3 . 1/17
3rd chap
Awesome story
CookedCorv chapter 1 . 1/6
Holy shit. That's all I can say about this masterpiece of writing.
Terracotta Tortilla chapter 5 . 12/31/2023
Our MC is such a doormat. People like that are great irl, you can get them to do anything
1,556 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »