Reviews for So Comes Ice After Fire
WyldClaw chapter 1 . 5/28/2019
that was an amazing amazing first chapter.
I don't blame rufus for being a bit hesitant in joining moriko after what happened.

I like Gannny

what does Krasil want to to talk to her about?
Gerbilfriend chapter 5 . 4/15/2019
Ahh things are happening. Maybe this time I will find out in time. Angela was interesting here
Gerbilfriend chapter 4 . 4/15/2019
She got her badge. I admit I kinda wanted only seven badges to be a running joke XD. Karaxil was epic at the end
Gerbilfriend chapter 3 . 4/15/2019
The tension. The drama. The EME. This was (yet agian) awesome
Gerbilfriend chapter 2 . 4/15/2019
Polaris is awesome. I just love the world building so much
Gerbilfriend chapter 1 . 4/15/2019
You're back~ super hyped to see where this goes. Rufus and Moriko have been great so far
Shadow Serenity 57 chapter 5 . 3/26/2019
Oh, I totally did not see that there was an epilogue chapter when I posted that last review, oops.

Wait, who is Angela again? I recall the name, but... was it Moriko's sister? I feel like it was something like that but I also vaguely recall her being among a larger group of friends that Moriko shunned, and can't remember if Angela was just an old friend from that group or not. I'll have to go back and look.

I love the description of the unexplored ocean depths. That's one of the things that mystify me about your writing. All these unusual metaphors that I just could not begin to fathom adding to my own writing. It's way too grandiose for me to apply properly, but it flows really well to read it from you.

Oh, oh dear. That ending though. I don't even know what to make of that. Ominous as all hell, made worse just because of who is involved. Wow. Ouch.
Shadow Serenity 57 chapter 4 . 3/26/2019
Continuing to love this; the battle was kinda long but it was done well enough to not get boring. I like longer battles, and more Tarahn is always a plus. I have to wonder what's up with Replicate, though. It looks like a more broken Substitute in that it can basically attack on it's own without exposing the user to counter-attacks, but Tarahn had that one going the entire battle.

Rufus was a little brutal at the end there, though, and I'm always on the shaky side of rougher battles. Granted, this story has never been one that shied away from more serious battle injury, so I can look the other way for the most part. But honestly, I'm not fond of the whole trainers-mentally-attacking-each-other thing that Moriko and Polaris had going on there. Feels weird, in a way that's different than just trash-talking. Of course that's another way to get into your opponent's head and could still cause a reaction, but that memory attacking thing just felt too... direct? I dunno, it's just odd. It's also different than Moriko sharing her energy with Rufus and whatnot. That much is fine to me, since it's like a less-direct mega evolution power-up sort of thing. I suppose since the memory thing isn't a common occurrence outside of higher-tier battles, though, it's not really that big of a deal.

Finally, I think Karaxil is still my favorite character. I love the interactions between it and Moriko, they're always amusing and seem to make one think. Like, why did it teach Moriko how to sense other demons trying to steal her energy? Just out of the kindness of its heart? Can she really trust it? It didn't actually attack her, after all. It's interesting how it feels that it will be free in a matter of time, and I guess to a demon, it really won't be a lot of time in the grand scheme of things, and that's why it's willing to wait. I dunno, it's just an intriguing character.

Anyways, always looking forward to more!
Shadow Serenity 57 chapter 2 . 2/23/2019
Oooh, this got good real quick! Anyways, I don't really have a whole lot to say about this chapter, actually...

Firstly, Vleridin is awesome. She sort of got on my nerves when she was first introduced, but she's gradually grown on me. Here I just love her interactions with Polaris when they're doing the ensouling practice and such.

And then I did think I noticed a single typo in this one... there was a part saying "subject was a damnfool" - I assume there's supposed to be a space in between those two words?
Shadow Serenity 57 chapter 1 . 2/21/2019
So I'm really glad to see a follow up! How long is this one going to be, if it's in between G&D 1 and 2? Is it like another full-length story or just a handful of chapters?

I wasn't expecting to be back in Gaiien so quickly after starting the story in Hoenn, but I'm quite pleased regardless. I'm loving the idea of pokemon being teachers. And the IM message format is amusing. The idea of group moves is something I'm kind of surprised has never really been talked about before, at least nowhere that I've ever seen. What is a limit break, though?

It's also totally weird to see legendary pokemon just... there, in everyday life. It kinda feels like it de-values them, but then again, I guess this universe is more about the kaiju pokemon anyway, not the legends, so it's fine.

Hm... Karaxil. I know the name, but can't place it. Was that the one barricaded in that one gym? I think I vaguely recall it being released either just before or during the kaiju whiscash incident... but I can't remember if this is the same pokemon or if I'm mixing my timeline. I'm sure this will be answered in time (probably even the next chapter, since it's obviously going to show up).

Finally, there were a few minor typos I spotted: there was a point where I saw the line "was done high school" and I feel like it was missing a "with" in there. Also there was a point when Ganny called Moriko "Morko" and although they all seem to have nicknames for each other, I don't think that one was intentional.

Oh, and thank arceus for the team recap thing at the end. I wish more people did that, at least once every few chapters (especially with all these fakemon, or if the author doesn't update frequently... I say ignoring the hypocrisy of it all).

Anyway, looking forward to this new setup!