Reviews for Barren
Yushi chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
I'm confused as to why she wouldn't just get a Muggle hysterectomy... I mean, pain for the rest of her life and the possibly permanent loss of her magic? As opposed to a surgery, and then instant menopause, but otherwise happily-ever-after? Hrm... Decent as far as angsty goes. Way better than a lot of the tripe that goes around under the same category. But, unfortunately, lacking the necessary logic that makes a good tale.

As to your collective works:

I admire the research you put into your stories, and the author's notes that give your readers such interesting tidbits of information. I find your fluffy romances disgusting, not to mention your overflowing gratitude to the teachers and various others you frequently cite. But you will notice, I keep coming back for more. XD

Please continue. (This is my snobby way of begging you not to stop.)
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
Pretty good. Made-up termswere believable. At least she took action. No weird actionin this. Average more the best.
Rickmanlover24601 chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
That was brilliant.

I love how it unfolded. Despite the obvious title, I found my mind going in one direction before swiftly being led in another. I don't know whether that was intentional, unintentional good writing, or my brain is just silly.

I haven't read anything like that before and I really enjoyed it despite it's dark nature. I liked the comparison between her actions and those of Remus and Snape's.

You're an amazing writer. Thanks for sharing!
Megan Consoer chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
I really like this story alot. Can you please write some more chapters?
alizaleven chapter 1 . 10/4/2007
Amazing story! I really liked it, it was sad.. and horrible but very good. Hermione was really strong to do this
Myownee chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
I really enjoyed it. It was an interesting concept, and well executed.

Good job.
wonderwall05 chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
i thought it was amazing. i loved that she was willing to make that sacrifice to not allow voldemort control over her. it's strong and courageous and just how i imagine hermione to be.
NoelCarol chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
Wow, that was a captivating little story...! As someone had said below, I'm usually a fluff reader too, but this was good! The self-sacrifice for the sake of everyone else and the greater good. It cannot fail to touch anyone (not even Snape as you've hinted!)

I'd like to make a note about the Bible mentioned that it always struck you as odd. You may have more insight, but for the sake of the other readers I'll put my (un-requested but hopefully not unwanted)two cents in...

Matthew 18:7-9 (Spoken by Jesus)

"Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! ... If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire."

(I know many may not believe in the Bible, but take it in context of what the Bible's message is...)

It may look rather morbid, but the general point is that we need to remove the temptations of our lives in order to live the Christian life and spend eternity in Heaven; as opposed to indulging in whatever sins that our "hands and feet" (figuratively) might cause us to commit. Using hands, feet, (and later in the passage; eyes), is simply a way to illustrate that it doesn't matter how dear to us the object/temptation is, if it causes us to sin, we must separate from it in order to live a righteous life.

Anyone with questions can feel free to email me at and I'll answer to the best of my knowledge, or just to chat. :)
RedsAttic chapter 1 . 4/15/2007

Does the story continue?
Elizabeth Rowland chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
Facinating. I've never come across a fanfic like this, shame it's just a one shot. You're definatly very good at angst.
sherada chapter 1 . 2/25/2006
here's what i think: it's very good, but you should take out the explanation at the end. it's a very poe-ish tale, so for it to be successful, people have to be left to think on it awhile. Although the explanation on what rosmary's baby, The bell jar, and the bible verse are doesn't hurt. if people are too stupid to figure out what the title of the story means or voldemort's plot (after you explicitly describe it), i wouldn't bother explaining to them. but that's your choice.
Miss Ida chapter 1 . 12/16/2005
Hi there!

I thought the story was really good, and you're still one of my favourite authors in here, so please keep writíng!

kalmisto chapter 1 . 12/8/2005
This was good! no cliché or anything like that. its so angst and i like it. are you going to continue this story? hope so...
Heksie chapter 1 . 4/3/2005