Reviews for Barren
Megan Consoer chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
I really like this story alot. Can you please write some more chapters?
alizaleven chapter 1 . 10/4/2007
Amazing story! I really liked it, it was sad.. and horrible but very good. Hermione was really strong to do this
Myownee chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
I really enjoyed it. It was an interesting concept, and well executed.

Good job.
wonderwall05 chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
i thought it was amazing. i loved that she was willing to make that sacrifice to not allow voldemort control over her. it's strong and courageous and just how i imagine hermione to be.
NoelCarol chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
Wow, that was a captivating little story...! As someone had said below, I'm usually a fluff reader too, but this was good! The self-sacrifice for the sake of everyone else and the greater good. It cannot fail to touch anyone (not even Snape as you've hinted!)

I'd like to make a note about the Bible reference...you mentioned that it always struck you as odd. You may have more insight, but for the sake of the other readers I'll put my (un-requested but hopefully not unwanted)two cents in...

Matthew 18:7-9 (Spoken by Jesus)

"Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! ... If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire."

(I know many may not believe in the Bible, but take it in context of what the Bible's message is...)

It may look rather morbid, but the general point is that we need to remove the temptations of our lives in order to live the Christian life and spend eternity in Heaven; as opposed to indulging in whatever sins that our "hands and feet" (figuratively) might cause us to commit. Using hands, feet, (and later in the passage; eyes), is simply a way to illustrate that it doesn't matter how dear to us the object/temptation is, if it causes us to sin, we must separate from it in order to live a righteous life.

Anyone with questions can feel free to email me at and I'll answer to the best of my knowledge, or just to chat. :)
RedsAttic chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
Excellent!

Does the story continue?
Elizabeth Rowland chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
Facinating. I've never come across a fanfic like this, shame it's just a one shot. You're definatly very good at angst.
sherada chapter 1 . 2/25/2006
here's what i think: it's very good, but you should take out the explanation at the end. it's a very poe-ish tale, so for it to be successful, people have to be left to think on it awhile. Although the explanation on what rosmary's baby, The bell jar, and the bible verse are doesn't hurt. if people are too stupid to figure out what the title of the story means or voldemort's plot (after you explicitly describe it), i wouldn't bother explaining to them. but that's your choice.
Miss Ida chapter 1 . 12/16/2005
Hi there!

I thought the story was really good, and you're still one of my favourite authors in here, so please keep writíng!

Ida
kalmisto chapter 1 . 12/8/2005
This was good! no cliché or anything like that. its so angst and i like it. are you going to continue this story? hope so...
Heksie chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
Wow
tigger2025643119 chapter 1 . 1/14/2005
aw. gr8 story. poor hermione. well done luv tigger x
zafaran chapter 1 . 10/25/2004
If this is you trying angst, you did a *very* good job of it. :) Very nice job. Zafaran
June chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
Wow ... very dark and serious. I'm glad Snape came in at the end. I know this is a one-shot, but in my mind's eternal hope for a somewhat happy ending, I can see Snape showing her respect by making her a Potions assistant/apprentice. After all, she still has her intelligence, etc. Or she could teach arithmancy or astronomy, or even Muggle Studies. And after the war, maybe SS-HG romance. OR, you could write a sequel!
jen chapter 1 . 10/11/2004
Powerful and short. Wow.

Rosemary's Baby scared the hell out of me, by the way.

If Hermione loses her magic, is she able to brew potions?
52 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »