Reviews for Barren
adxlunam chapter 1 . 9/16/2004
That was amazing. I simply adored it. Congratulations on a great piece of work. :)
SeverusSnapeishot chapter 1 . 7/22/2004
I LOVED LOVED LOVED this story. The ending was the most brillent I've ever read. And I mean ever. You must write more stories like this. This is the best story I've ever read on fanfiction and I've read close to a millon. I just love to read and when a Harry Potter book isn't out I come here and I must tell you that you are a brillant writer!
Droxy chapter 1 . 7/20/2004
How the heck did I ever miss this gem? Lovely angst. Perfectly written with imaginative twists on HP universe magic.
lavender baby chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
wow. great one shot. it would have been interesting to see how hermione's life turned out after she took the potion. its a great story even if it is somewhat gruesome, but then again, thats part of what makes it great.
Krstna chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
I like the idea that she made apotion to make her barren so that seh can't have children, its kinda sad but it was a good story
Kristina
concrete13rose chapter 1 . 5/9/2004
that was extremely powerful. one of the best & most emotional stories I've ver read. amazing!
xxoo anniePADFOOT
midnight Tiger chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
wonderful! the writting is so ... strikingly beautiful. thanks for posting it! (still hoping for an update on Heart over mind, PLEASE?)
Vampireguardian chapter 1 . 5/1/2004
I thought this was good even if it had angst in it. I liked how you had the ending.
Aloe chapter 1 . 3/16/2004
I can see Herm doing this ... and I think she made the right decision.
Well-written fan fic that forces you to think ... I'm impressed :)
dedbabydoll chapter 1 . 7/29/2003
WOAH. WOAH. 0-0 That was...amazing. The scene with the potion was possibly the most...I dunno, dead shock ever. Reminds me a bit of every time I get my period, actually. This is seriously the 2nd most angsty fic Ever, Their Destiny being #1. I am chilled, shocked & moved by this, as short as it was. The horror of Hermione's sacrifice & her pain put me into a quiet state of awe & reflection. Wow. It seems that her pain was a breif glance into the eternal suffering of those damned to Hell forever. Intense.
HeavenStone chapter 1 . 5/19/2003
I like your angst. It's very good. This is one of the first angst-based stories I've read, and if half of them are this good, perhaps I'll read more. _
Carol chapter 1 . 5/11/2003
Wow. I mean... wow. You do angst very well, but more importantly, you do *prose* very well. This is beautifully written and plotted, with every detail uncovered in exactly the right place. I'm in awe.
Ezmerelda chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
Well.

I must say that, well. Words escape me. I liked it, I actually did, which actually surprises me. I'm usually more of a "Fluff" reader, angsty pieces I usually pass by, but since this was short, I decided to read it...and I surprised myself by actually liking it. You know, the respect in Snape's eyes means so much more than the look of a lover, I think...

Well done.
Aine Deande chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
Absolutely utterly brilliant. By *God*, I loved this. Originality, beautiful writing, perfect characterization, angst of course (lots of it, but that's never stopped me from reading a fic before), intensely dark and darkly intense, influenced by two books that seem unlikely to go together. . . I am beyond impressed by this. I've done the rare thing of both adding this story to my Favorites and copying the story into a document for latter re-reading.

I love how you've portrayed Hermione here, as well as all the others. . . we feel for her and can understand everybody else's reasoning and reactions to both her predicament and her solution for it, but at the same time it's abundantly clear to us that this is the only course of action a Hermione Granger would allow to see happen in a live world. I love how detailed you've made this one-shot. . . how you begin by describing numbness in a most gorgeous way, for instance, and how you emphasize certain aspects of her personality by doing so. Her mind has always been her domain, and now it's destroyed the rest of her, so that her domain can prevail. Because if she were to have been Used it would have surely destroyed her.

The title says so much about the piece. I took the liberty of looking up its exact definition. . . 1) incapable of producing offspring; 2) lacking (especially useful) vegetation; 3) unproductive of results or gains, unprofitable; 4) devoid of something specified; 5) lacking in liveliness or interest. So actually you've revealed everything about the story in that tiny word alone. And what a story it is. Truly remarkable, as well as (re-)commendable. Really, really excellent.
Pearle chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
Interesting. Slightly dark and intense but definately held my interest. I must say I have enjoyed your other fictions too, Relization, over coffee and Heart Over Mind (An update?). Both very enjoyable reads also.
52 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »