Reviews for Barren
OzRatbag2 chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
This was really quite dark and suitably angst ridden.

It is, like 'Heart over Mind' very well written and very well metered. Your descriptions are, as always, very descriptive and visual. I felt that I could see the snow swirling and feel the bitter cold.

This fic actually conjures more questions than it answers, even with an initial reading.

Was Hermione still a student and what evidence was there to suggest that Voldemort had distinct plans for her magical essence?

If Hermione did indeed brew the potion correctly and had consigned herself to a strictly Muggle status, how is it possible that she can reside in the Infirmary - within a magical Hogwarts?

(I get so confused with canon and fanon now, but I think that I recall that in canon, Muggles see Hogwarts as a ruin.)

I did enjoy this and anything that offers an original plot, with wonderful writing will draw me everytime.
Busty Sinclaire chapter 1 . 4/25/2003
that was amazing. it's great and i loved it and i'm sorry it's over. the bible passage is the one that says something about if your right hand causes you to sin, then cut it off. and it says the same thing about your eye too. i always thought that was a but extreme,too.

note to self: religionfreaky
becka5 chapter 1 . 4/25/2003
I was incredibly impressed by this story. Despite the somber subject matter, I really liked it. It was powerful, poignant and insightful.
Atalaya chapter 1 . 4/25/2003
this is pretty cool... just a comment that you started to ramble a bit.. (too long i mean)

but i really liked it a lot... nice story, uh... bloody, but nice! lol
Amelia's chapter 1 . 4/25/2003
Absolutely brilliant! Dark and purposeful, with a stark realism. I'm a huge fan of all your work and this is just lovely - a fantastic bit of angst!
Julia chapter 1 . 4/25/2003
ah! It was really, really good angst, but...wow. That's going to be hard to forget. I need to read something fluffy now...*whimper*
Amrun chapter 1 . 4/25/2003
If all angst were like yours, I think I would scream. But, not from horror as you may think, but from joy. This is palpable, and most of what is labeled "angst" today is completely ungraspable. Everyone can relate to Hermione's mentality in this story. (Well, atleast I can, I guess I shouldn't speak for others.) I love love love loved this one! It's going in my favorites! It was so creative, the plot was new, and you were well informed. It seems to me as if you did a little research. Atleast someone has enough sense to see that this is not a DRAG; it makes your writing more authentic. I just wanted to thank you for writing this wonderful, wonderful story.
52 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4