Reviews for Repercussions
Guest chapter 6 . 1/15/2013
Nice story. It's too bad I'm just now stumbling across it, ten years after you wrote it. The Hartford circus fire has always fascinated me.

While a lot of people believed it was set, due to the fire seemingly starting halfway up the tent, evidence also points to a plain bad set of circumstances. We may never know for sure, but there are some holes in the red man story.

I really love the retelling, though. It was a great setting, and you write really well. I hope, ten years out, that makes you smile.
nessie6 chapter 3 . 1/3/2010
I'm really enjoying this story so far. For some reason I want to guess that the lad that showed Elanor out is Fastred...or I'd like it to be :) However, I'm not so sure about Estella never being able to have children again, I don't see a miscarriage causing that, since they happen all the time. If her body heals then I don't see her not able to have children. Besides the fact that it is implied Merry DOES have at least one son-Estella was only added as Merry's wife to the family tree in later editions of the book anyway.

But other than that I really look forward to finishing this-and am really happy it's completed so I don't have to wait! I wonder who started the fire?

~nessie~
Hai chapter 6 . 9/26/2003
That was VERY sad and rather depressing. Electing pity even after Grig did set the fire and hurt so many of our favorite hobbits! Sweet Estella never able to have children and Pippin trapped again in the terror of Minas Tirith. Elanor and Merry-lad getting lost in the tent. It was all very riveting! I started reading this over at storiesofarda but couldn't wait for more so thought I would check here for it. Luckily it was here and I was able to have a good read. I will probably keep up with it on the other web site anyway. Thank you very much!
Pippinfan1988 chapter 6 . 7/11/2003
Die a happy woman? Your talent should take you, at the very least, to "hysterical laughter"! What a fantastic talent you have! If I had just a pinky's worth of your gift for writing-I'd be the one to die merely "happy"!

I am always in awe of how folks like you, Pipkin Sweetgrass, and Baylor (other fanfic authors) make your stories so compelling-hard to "put down". I'm studying up on creative writing, and hope to someday write a compelling story.

Thanks for sharing your tales...

Pippinfan
Pippinfan1988 chapter 1 . 7/9/2003
French Pony,

What can I say? I've read one story, and now I'm hooked! However, once again, I'm using a review page to answer your review of Pippin's Pearl-and for some reason I never received the third one in the regular mail; I clicked on "reviews" to read it. I was going to answer you at the top of the eighth chapter, but didn't want to raise a flag for everyone to start emailing me! But I want you to email me at ; I can see you're an expert in court procedures, and wish to tell you why I did what I did, and hopefully you can give me your own insights. I am always open to constructive critiques and am always willing to press forward in my writing skill development.

This is yet another story that I must come back to. I can only review one chapter (so says Damian), and therefore would like to use these review pages for what they were intended for. Please email me. Thanks again for your reviews!

Pippinfan

p.s. added to my favorites.
Aemilia Rose chapter 6 . 5/29/2003
Very good ending. It's kind of chilling to think that this was based on something that actually happened.

I'm also kind of curious- no- sctratch that. VERY curious about whether Grig "comes to his senses" or not. You wouldn't, by chance, be planning on writing a sequel would you?
Natta chapter 6 . 5/29/2003
I have to read that book. The only thing that had me more in tears than your story was the real-thing in the end. You've done a great job.
Kit5 chapter 6 . 5/28/2003
I am familiar with the story of the great Hartford Fire...and the little girl who died in that fire and was a long time being identified.

Two lines in this story moved me to tears:

"Sam thought of the Gaffer, and all that wisdom and love gone forever."

"You'll always be my cousin and best friend, Pip, whether we agree or no."

I think this is a terrific story and took courage to write. Thank you for your support of my stories as well, and I promise to make Laura proud. :-)
sdrtkjdr6yjdrtyj6uxe6xe46j chapter 6 . 5/28/2003
A powerful and well written ending to this story.

Well done indeed. I grew up not 20 miles from Hartford and learned about the circus fire when I was a kid. Ringling ceased having tented shows after that I believe, but I could be wrong.

And always there was the mystery of the little girl who was never identified until

somewhere around 1990. Somehow relative was tracked down or finally recognized the picture taken after her death. She was living in Easthampton, MA where I was residing at the time as well. Small world.
Inconsequential chapter 6 . 5/28/2003
I'd say you can write pretty darn grippingly and compellingly! I loved this story, the ending was marvelous and the characters' emotions full and real. Honestly, there's no complaint I could make! I don't think this chapter was too long at all, by the way. Yes, a little bit wordy for a short story, but that's okay. You had some loose ends to wrap up. All in all, it was an incredibly lovely story, obviously one you worked on for a great deal of time and with great feeling. Thank you very much for writing it.

-Artemis

PS I have some major updates on , most notably to Disgruntled. If you wish, you may read it (: No pressure, though.
Kit5 chapter 5 . 5/26/2003
Merry can be forgiven his anger at the hurt caused to his loved ones, especially the loss of his child and the near-loss of his wife...

The ghost of Sharkey returns in this heinous child who caused all of this sorrow; I follow this with great trepidation and anticipation!
Natta chapter 5 . 5/25/2003
Aw, poor mad Grig! Everything is so mixed up and strange, you have to settle it now!
Aemilia Rose chapter 5 . 5/23/2003
Yikes! Oh gosh, that kid is creepy.
Amrunofthesummercountry chapter 5 . 5/22/2003
Whoah...::shudder:: Poor, insane child. I really do pity that poor thing; I've met children like that. And ah! I knew it about Denethor, yes I did. Poor Pip. Poor Merry. And especially poor Sam. He always strikes a weak spot in me. And part of me can't help but wonder about Frodo, what he would make of all this. I suspect everyone misses him all the more, and that just makes me sadder and well, lets just say I hope this story has a happy ending (though if it doesn't I won't detract from the spectacular quality of this fic.)
Inconsequential chapter 5 . 5/21/2003
Alas that my last review was swallowed up by the mysterious features of ! Let's hope this one goes through. I predicted Grig was crazy. I think I did read something about the event off which this is based... hm. Can't remember what, though.

Anyway, great chapter, I'm so glad Pippin is all right- or as all right as he can be, under the circumstances. The tone is well-set, the mad Hobbit seems actually mad (very creepy!) and Pippins reaction was realistic and well-described. In fact, all your characters emotions are so real, it amazes me. The dialog is very in-character as well. And of course the plot is just gripping.

-Artemis

PS New story up on fictionpress! I've sort of given up fanfiction for a time. /: