Reviews for A Matter for Lawyers
Difdi chapter 2 . 9/16
If the Youth Guard were brought into existence by the US Supreme Court, it highlights again how clueless Wildbow is about he US legal system. The courts in the US don’t have the authority to create an oversight organization, nor do they have the power to appoint an NGO to do so.
Difdi chapter 1 . 9/16
Two things:

First, Wildbow doesn’t know US laws very well, and when he constructed that locker scene he wasn’t aware of US laws concerning biological weapons and weapons of mass destruction. There is no such thing as assault with a WMD in federal law, and all WMD attacks are federal jurisdiction. Any use of a disease or disease vector - the statute mentions blood specifically - as a weapon is legally a bio-weapon, and all bio-weapons are WMDs regardless of actual lethality. The locker missed being a bio-terrorist attack using a WMD on US soil only by the fact it was not politically-motivated. It ticked all other terrorism check boxes, every single one except political motivation.

Second, Tagg and Alexandria working together to extort a confession is not (just) official misconduct. It’s Conspiracy Against Rights, which is a federal felony - which increases to a capital crime if any unlawful deaths occur as a result. When Skitter drowned Alexandria in bugs in canon, it made Tagg guilty of a crime punishable by life imprisonment or execution!
Ivarr chapter 2 . 9/8
I would love to know the story for the Youth Guard. That would be very different.
Corwyn chapter 2 . 7/21
Excellent story. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Biblio388 chapter 1 . 7/1
Very cool. Certainly does raise a lot of points that were hand-waived in canon, so I am enjoying the search for other such things as well.
AzureLazuli chapter 1 . 6/25
Ahhh, this story is delightful :D
SeanHicks4 chapter 2 . 6/24
Pretty interesting, might have to look into some more of your stuff because I feel like it’s way too open ended to end there...probably should check out the Ack103, or whatever screen name it is, since I don’t remember it either.
Temporal Knight chapter 2 . 6/9
Even more amusing than the first chapter if perhaps not quite as mildly serious. The Wards reactions to her were annoying, but sadly fairly canon. Taylor discovering the issues with the Youth Guard were beyond hilarious though!

Also, Fuck Tagg. Much stronger words should be used but I'll settle for the one otherwise I'd give Rocco a run for his money.
Temporal Knight chapter 1 . 6/9
This is fantastic! You have no idea how utterly amusing and awesome it was to read this and watch Tagg/Lexie get owned by *lawyers* of all people! Seriously I need more of this lol. I wish something like this had happened in canon too!

Sidenote: Do you post of SpaceBattles also or just here?
Alehhandro chapter 2 . 6/3
re-reading this once again and hinking how i liked the way you spun the whole shebang.
will there be a chance of this story ever getting a continuation?
ShadowCub chapter 2 . 6/2
Danny didn't try hard enough, I would have called the best lawyer in the country at least to try and help my kid. Yes his prices are probably outrageous but learning this would probably have had him on the first plane smoking.

This is the most satisfying Worm fic I've read in years.

Her joining the wards even tho they and the rest of the PRT/Protectorate is full of bullshit never made any sense, especially for her to essentially betray the Undersiders like Emma did to her for the shitty privilege of working for them.
ShadowCub chapter 1 . 6/2
This is awesome but Taylor's stupid hero boner needed to die.
V01dSw0rd chapter 1 . 5/21
“Where you’re willing to that that just walk out of herethe phrasing sounds weird to me...

I thought Danny signed something that prevented him from suing Winslowthough whether that was under duress or not is up for debate. They were implying charges for ‘assault’ when Taylor was retrieved from the locker, and part of the settlement was they pay the hospital bills...
MarkAntimony chapter 2 . 5/3
This fic made me laugh loud enough to disturb my housemate. Excellent work.
editing chapter 2 . 4/27
incomplete sentence, and murderee isn't a word you should be using:
does a murderer's right to privacy a murderee's right
-does a murderer's right to privacy trump a victim's right
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »