Reviews for Operation 24
Daniel Springs chapter 31 . 10/16
This was a very good, very captivating story! I look forward reading any others you have like this! Keep up the good work!

- 3065
PlatV chapter 1 . 5/14
it's just gay idiots being gay idiots and sometimes that's all you need for a good shipfic

also marie being the smug bastard that she is
acidhu3s chapter 31 . 4/8
hi toe girl im sad again
RxG chapter 31 . 1/1
... Holy shit. That ending though... Helpdesk, you did an amazing job with this! I was around when it has less chapters and I still love it! Be sure to tell 3 & 8 I say hi!
Frozensteps chapter 31 . 12/23/2019
I've been on vacation for a bit, so excuse me if I skipped reviewing some chapters.

I think there was some potential that was skipped out on here, moments that I think were worth having instead glossed over in the past few chapters, but on the flip side you do avoid spending too much time on moments that aren't really worth reading, like a retelling of 4's campaign. More time with 3 hating 4 is always a plus. And man, the dialogue is always great, on all fronts.

Thanks for writing. It's been a fun journey.
Nobody1324 chapter 31 . 12/13/2019
This story has definitely been one of my favorites. Even though it’s sad to see it go, it’s been a really enjoyable ride. That ending made me grin like an idiot. Thanks for writing this!
STRK13 chapter 1 . 12/12/2019
Generally, when I start reading something, I have to finish it. Like immediately. Otherwise I fall away from it, forget about it, and even if I don't get to it for a few days, I drop it.

I've been reading this story since March 6. That's literally the day before you uploaded chapter 3. It's the day it went into my favorites, and I have read every new chapter, the day it was uploaded, since then. I've reread everything except the wedding and Prologue 3 times, the Wedding twice, and will probably reread it again next week.

I love how much character, emotion, and dynamic this has. The characters have depth, and fit right in, like you're stepping in to their World, a fly on the wall. There's so much detail and depth to the world that it lives and breathes. I can see clearly the characters reactions and emotions. I can visualize the background characters, even when its nothing more that a line about hitting on Three in the museum, or irritation about Three landing on his Splatling, then shooting him.

This was, hands down, one of the best pieces I have found in any fandom I follow. And certainly the best in Splatoon. Keep writing, even if you don't write for Splatoon again, you are a fantastic writer.

Good luck in everything you do.
Guest chapter 30 . 12/10/2019
Omg I frickin love the fan fic I check everyday hoping for a new chapter and when there is t I feel horrible and as soon as there is it lights up my day I can’t stop reading and once I finish the newest chapter I get all grumpy having to wait for a new one this is so amazing
Frozensteps chapter 28 . 12/2/2019
The mistake. A perfect chapter name for the chapter where Marina decides to form a band with Pearl...no just kidding :P

For real though, I did feel that scene was rushed to the point it felt awkward. I mean, I can understand if you don't want to devote time to it, as it's not the focus, but still, it felt odd, not like two strangers meeting for the first time. The scene before it also felt like it could have showed a bit more, like how Marina came to the conclusion she needed to escape...oh well.

Also, I seriously feel like you slightly accelerated the pace again. Last chapter Marie broke down over what was going on between her and Callie, with a full description of why she's feeling that way. This chapter, it gets resolved, and what do we see of Marie's reaction? One line describing disappointment when Callie says she's going recon, and just "a soft smile" before they basically change the subject. I feel like something that had been causing that much pain should make a bigger impact when it's resolved/changed, and we should see that even if no one in the story does. Marie had conflicting feelings about Callie going solo, and so when she says she wants to give it up I kind of expected more conflicting feelings on that as well (she's giving up her dreams? Is it my fault, did she realize how I feel? I want this but is it right?).

Your story has always been fast paced, but I really think it would benefit if you slowed down a little and added some more detail and description to some of your scenes. How disappointed Marie is after hearing Callie is going on a long term mission, how she gets over it, how she feels after hearing 3 potentially isn't doing too well, how she feels after seeing it for herself...

I'm guessing this might be partially because it's a transition chapter, it's not the ending or beginning where you take time to set things up or conclude them. Please though, even these chapters need detail, even if the scenes inside are mainly to move things towards the conclusion.
Frozensteps chapter 27 . 11/30/2019
You know, given that this is a prequel, you'd think there wouldn't anything that could really make you worried, but that last line did. Major oof, and a huge reminder that the character we've seen grow really started out in a fucked up place...
Frozensteps chapter 26 . 11/28/2019
Your own worst enemy. Damn, right after last chapter I praised 3's attitude as being exceptionally entertaining, we see how it causes her issues, despite Callie/Marie being able to see past it. Brilliant stuff.
Frozensteps chapter 25 . 11/27/2019
It's great to see this story back. Seeing 3 once again be herself is pretty refreshing. Her combination of bad manners and sharp wit makes her one of the most entertaining fanfiction characters I've read.
Guest chapter 24 . 8/27/2019
Thank you so, so much for making this such a great story. It has honestly been the best story I’ve ever read in my life. I was very sad to see it come to and end, but I’ll definitely read the prequel. Thanks again for this inkredible creation.
Guest chapter 24 . 8/26/2019
i really liked this one, like alot
Luine Mercury LWG chapter 24 . 8/27/2019
This is probably one of the best Splatoon fics I've read, I can't wait to read the new one when it's ready.