Reviews for Remembrance
waveofsorrow chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
Aurgh such a good sotry! I loved it, and the way you described Elrond's appearance was amazing, especially when you compared his eyes to the teeth of s storm. You write my favourite character in such a great way! Brilliant job, I love all your stories!
Sphinx chapter 1 . 1/1/2004
Quite possibly the best one-shot story I've seen in the entire fandom. I loved it - very, very moving, with some brilliantly insightful characterization.
You brought Earendil to life.
Excellent.
Nol chapter 1 . 11/27/2003
I was left speechless by this fic. It is one of the most incredibly moving, well-written pieces of fiction I have read. What an excellent, lightly-written, yet intelligent PoV.

My favourite line: "And he would know, as every father does, that he could have prevented it…"

Brilliant.
AfterEver chapter 1 . 11/7/2003
Very poetic writing in this tale. I think you captured Earendil's character perfectly, and his emotions were vivid and believable. I adore the thought of him being reunited with his son at long last. Well done!
Nilmandra chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
This is beautifully written - as much as Elrond longed for his Celebrian, I wonder how much he thought about meeting his parents again? This is so tenderly shown, a father and son reunited after so many centuries. How Earendil must have longed for this. Thank you.
asynje chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
This was absolutely wonderful.

You've captured the pain and doubt in the heart of the Mariner and your Elrond is truely kind as summer *S*

I'm impressed *S*
KestraObsessed chapter 1 . 4/29/2003
By all means, do not allow your muse to eat you alive. I would say you and your muse have done magnificently.

Alas that there are not more Earendil stories in the world, but rather the attention goes to his sons (and even then not much goes to Elros). I myself am stuck writing things for other characters. Perhaps no one can solve Tolkien's outlines for "The Lay of Earendel" (yes, spelt with an 'e' just in case).

Nonetheless, splendid job! It was a treat to read and I look forward to more writings from you and your ravenous muse.

~The Bunny
LaJiggles chapter 1 . 4/29/2003
Wow! I'm not sure I have adequate words to express what I think about this. It is beautiful. Magical.

There are very few times when something can touch me like this did. We know so much about the sorrows of Elrond's life, but we never hear about Earendil, about what he thought about his son. When you write things like this you convey emotions all of us feel but very few of us understand completely. Bravo.

And, um, nice profile... *snicker*
Aria7 chapter 1 . 4/28/2003
Oh that was brilliant! A lovely insight in to Earendil's mind at that time, because it must have been hard for him to want to see his son but not to remember...

As I said, lovely!

Toodles!

_
alena chapter 1 . 4/27/2003
Oh. Bloody Mandos.

I don't really have so much to say, really. I don't really know what to say...Everything in here is so moving. So many memories, and the way it flows...And many flashes of beauty.

*He knows that in this instant, when confusion and not a little fear flit across that striking face, his destiny will be made or broken.*

Damn. *cries*

I am sick with envy of this.
addicted chapter 1 . 4/27/2003
It was a little hard to follow in some places, but it was really good! I don't think I've ever actually seen an Elrond/Earendil fic.
Jillian Baade chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
You know, I think even Tolkien himself would approve of this, totally in canon of course, no sex or anything the Prof. could object to. Earendil would be nervous wondering if Elrond would blame him for 'abandoning' his family. Elrond has been a grown man for many thousands of years, and he knows what needs to be done in times of war. He has no doubt long since forgiven his father, but Earendil wouldn't know that. I like that you use Tolkien's own discription of Elrond, for shows his dual lineage clearly, and your bit that Earendil fears he has a mortal's memory is so cute! And maybe it means he copes with eternal life better than those of full elven blood. Nice story.
Bejai chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
Oh, excellent! Angst and forgivness, who could ask for anything better? I loved how you portrayed the meeting between husband and wife through his eyes, how his own memories weaved in and out. Wonderful story on a relationship that gets far too little attention.
Elemmire2 chapter 1 . 4/26/2003